It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
RT news alert just now: Plane shot from the ground.

But didnt Turkey confirm 2 of its F 16 shot it down. Doesnt this statemake make Russia look kinda stupid.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: angryhulk
They do enter it, regularly.

Oh really.

The MoD spokesman said similar incidents happened eight times during 2013, adding: "Russian military flights have never entered UK sovereign airspace without authorisation.

www.heraldscotland.com...

Thanks for playing.

That's fine I can admit when I'm wrong.

I'm still strong of the opinion that Turkey is not doing itself any favours here.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I first saw the report on breakingnews.com about 2 hours ago before there was a post on ATS.

Info and updates come every few minutes.

The site also reports that Turkey stated that they were F-16s.

The latest report is that Russian helicopters are searching for the pilots.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Don't be pedantic, you can see as well as anybody that on the right hand side of that article under "Top Stories" it does indeed say "Turks down Russian plane in Syria"
edit on 24-11-2015 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is huge!

BBC Live

RT Live

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It doesn't say that,
The person clearly cannot read.
It says that "Russia says" it was in Syrian airspace, obviously two entirely different things.

Clearly they can read, stop being so rude.....

asen_y2k said "BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down"

And clearly on the BBC news website:

To any rational person it is clear that this is a side link and unable to fit entirely in that space. All other content on the BBC shows the story.
This was a deliberate attempt to create uncertainty about the location of that plane when it was shot down. Even though we're all still none-the-wiser, this kind of deliberate propaganda about an unfolding story is not helpful.

He knew full well that the story on the BBC says "Syrian BORDER".

link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Putin just made a statement basically inferring that they know Turkey have been funding ISIS.

Then Russia needs to supply evidence of this to the rest of the world.
If proven to be correct, NATO will cut ties with Turkey and leave it to defend itself.

If you don't realise that NATO is in on it then you really don't under the politics of the Syrian war. The destabilisation of Syria is being orchestrated by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar but the US (or the AngloZionist powers) have fully signed off on it in order to weaken Russia. This is about natural gas and competing pipeline proposals that intersect Syria.

www.selfiesforsyria.com...

link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

The ongoing story on the BBC has had both reports, one source says aircraft, the other says ground fire.

I suppose it's possible both could have been firing and we have yet to see which got the kill.

link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down. From other sites I get that one of the pilot has been captured by Turkmen/rebels.

I just read the BBC report, it does not say that at all. Can you source that?

The headline says it. Here is the link:

Turks 'down Russian warplane in Syria'

That's not the title.

Turkey 'downs Russian warplane on Syria border'

Go to this page, you will see it:

www.bbc.com...

That's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt. They shortened the title for the link, the actual article has a different title.

link   

originally posted by: Obi88
I thought China got involved when 2 of their nationalist got killed by deash.. If I'm wrong, my bad..

No, you're right.
Although, they have no military power in this (for the time being). They're basically using it politically within China and making noise for the rest of the world.
Many suggest that China is actually more interested in using the "Terrorism" label as a cover to put down political opposition in China itself, rather than deal with IS/Da'esh.
Yes your spot on ! My feeling on China are that if provoked they would act, and if an opportunity urised they would snatch it ! And my guess is that opportunity lies closer with so many threats looming. If putin goes after Turkey with tanks and planes, my guess is China would have there back. And these discussions taking place hopefully alous China to partake in destroying ISIL by Russia's side
. Peace brother.

link   
Tragically this was a Russian fighter/bomber. If it happens per circumstance that it was indeed within Syrian Airspace then Turkey has committed itself. Otherwise if this Russian aircraft flew over Turkey and did not respond to recog signals then Russia should be held liable.

I ponder at this moment had the same aircraft been a US, British, French, Australian, Isrealy or Canadian fighter or later perchance a Chinese aircraft the consequences would have been different.

I read that perhaps Turkey may have recognised the 'fact' that Russia is bombing ISIS during this time and the aircraft was not a threat to Turkey. Surely modern radar tech would acknowledge this. ( ISIS does not have a airforce). The testing of airspace theory does not gell unless the responders are looking for a kill.

Regardless of the outcome I will have to rethink my stance on Turkey and its alliance to NATO.

I have read numerous accounts on ATS where Russia haas overflown or come very near to other countries airspace not necessitating a shoot down. Generally the aircraft ID their adversaries a take a pic of the evidence and later complain. I share the concerns that there is a state of war in the area with fingers on the trigger..

I must say in my mind that if...and if...it is proved that a Russian aircraft was shot down in Syrian air space regardless of this ridiculous 5 mile exclusion zone then the trigger happy shooter may be responsible for any repercussions.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 24-11-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Is RT also under control of TPTB? Or is it some kind of different news channel. Need to know so I can put my tin foil hat on

link   

I'm still strong of the opinion that Turkey is not doing itself any favours here.

Or, they are letting Russia know to be careful who they bully. This was not the first incident. My opinion is open to change as the facts change, as it stands, Russia is completely to blame.

link   

BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down. From other sites I get that one of the pilot has been captured by Turkmen/rebels.

I just read the BBC report, it does not say that at all. Can you source that?

The headline says it. Here is the link:

Turks 'down Russian warplane in Syria'

That's not the title.

Turkey 'downs Russian warplane on Syria border'

Go to this page, you will see it:

www.bbc.com...

That's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt. They shortened the title for the link, the actual article has a different title.

We are just seeing word play now. And it is very irresponsible for BBC to 'shorten' and omit info. I Think we will never know the truth. Everyone will claim something else.
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ken10

Don't be pedantic, you can see as well as anybody that on the right hand side of that article under "Top Stories" it does indeed say "Turks down Russian plane in Syria"

Pedantic? I quoted the title of the article, that's not being pedantic.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

They do enter it, regularly.

Oh really.

The MoD spokesman said similar incidents happened eight times during 2013, adding: "Russian military flights have never entered UK sovereign airspace without authorisation.

www.heraldscotland.com...

Thanks for playing.

That's fine I can admit when I'm wrong.

I don't think anyone is in disagreement that this makes things extremely risky and complex.
I also think most of us are in agreement that Turkey should not be considered to be an ally in the fight against Da'esh. They should not (and probably won't be) backed up by NATO if evidence emerges that it has been backing Da'esh in any way.

What some of us are argumentative about is the constant need some members have to instantly defend and trust everything Putin says as if he's some kind of all holy leader.

I don't trust Turkey as far as I could spit a dead rat, but Russia is not some kind of beacon of honesty and the attempts of some to paint them as a constantly misunderstood victim in every instance is pathetic to watch.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logman

originally posted by: DAZ21
Putin just made a statement basically inferring that they know Turkey have been funding ISIS.

Then Russia needs to supply evidence of this to the rest of the world.
If proven to be correct, NATO will cut ties with Turkey and leave it to defend itself.

If you don't realise that NATO is in on it then you really don't under the politics of the Syrian war. The destabilisation of Syria is being orchestrated by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar but the US (or the AngloZionist powers) have fully signed off on it in order to weaken Russia. This is about natural gas and competing pipeline proposals that intersect Syria.

www.selfiesforsyria.com...
Yes you are correct, we know this. But it's about showing the world and your gov officals the evidence
. Once he does that he can go after Turkey and provide enough support to protect the oil and gas

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So much shilling going on in this thread is disgusting. Its obvious who's side Turkey is on, and anyone that refutes that fact is an ISIS shill.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well if you just heard erdogans statement, it sounds like he is condemning not just Russia but all of the countries participating in the fight against ISIS.

Turkey showing their true colours?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

I think it is more likely that Turkey just doesn't like Syria, and now Russia for backing Assad, so they aren't willing to give them any breathing room when it comes to borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join