It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down. From other sites I get that one of the pilot has been captured by Turkmen/rebels.

I just read the BBC report, it does not say that at all. Can you source that?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
If you violate airspace and do not respond to warnings you are a threat. End of story.

And Russia would be saying exactly the same thing if this was their border and another nation making that incursion.
The double standards here are truly spectacular.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obi88
Yep
and now more people know about it. Haha you guys are forgetting about China

How exactly is China getting involved? Logistically speaking.

link   

BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down. From other sites I get that one of the pilot has been captured by Turkmen/rebels.

The headline says it. Here is the link:

Turks 'down Russian warplane in Syria'
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

link   
Putin just made a statement basically inferring that they know Turkey have been funding ISIS.

link   
I thought China got involved when 2 of their nationalist got killed by deash.. If I'm wrong, my bad..

link   
a reply to: rigel4

Turkey have been nothing but trouble in this Syria problem. They have used the EU rotten. They have allowed terrorism through their borders, arms and personnel, turning a blind eye.

I hope someone teaches them a lesson down the line.

If you check the facts you will see how Turkey has behaved reprehensibly.

I wonder what Putin will do? He is not the kind of guy to roll on his back and play dead. Trouble is coming to Turkey for sure and it will be well deserved karma.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

If you violate airspace and do not respond to warnings you are a threat. End of story.

And Russia would be saying exactly the same thing if this was their border and another nation making that incursion.
The double standards here are truly spectacular.

Exactly. If Russia wants to join the fray the least they can do is answer warnings. I would expect the US to do the same, even if the answer was "we are not in your airspace and we are not a threat", answer.

link   

Yep

China is a regional power still. All hype no substance. Didnt they declare war on ISIS after one Chinese was beheaded. We are yet to see a response from them other than talk.

link   

It doesn't say that,
The person clearly cannot read.
It says that "Russia says" it was in Syrian airspace, obviously two entirely different things.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

That's not the title.

Turkey 'downs Russian warplane on Syria border'

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Putin just made a statement basically inferring that they know Turkey have been funding ISIS.

Then Russia needs to supply evidence of this to the rest of the world.
If proven to be correct, NATO will cut ties with Turkey and leave it to defend itself.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

It doesn't say that,
It says that "Russia says" it was in Syrian airspace, obviously two entirely different things.

I am all for benefit of the doubt. Perhaps BBC used the wrong title and edited it to correct it. Either way it does not read that right now.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: rigel4

Turkey have been nothing but trouble in this Syria problem. They have used the EU rotten. They have allowed terrorism through their borders, arms and personnel, turning a blind eye.

I hope someone teaches them a lesson down the line.

If you check the facts you will see how Turkey has behaved reprehensibly.

I wonder what Putin will do? He is not the kind of guy to roll on his back and play dead. Trouble is coming to Turkey for sure and it will be well deserved karma.

on the money, don't think it will be nukes, but could release the evidence he has on the ones funding deash, then maybe some action. Top gun style :p

link   

I thought China got involved when 2 of their nationalist got killed by deash.. If I'm wrong, my bad..

No, you're right.
Although, they have no military power in this (for the time being). They're basically using it politically within China and making noise for the rest of the world.
Many suggest that China is actually more interested in using the "Terrorism" label as a cover to put down political opposition in China itself, rather than deal with IS/Da'esh.

link   

That's not the title.

Turkey 'downs Russian warplane on Syria border'

Go to this page, you will see it:

www.bbc.com...

link   

Yep

China is a regional power still. All hype no substance. Didnt they declare war on ISIS after one Chinese was beheaded. We are yet to see a response from them other than talk.

It would be a logistics nightmare for them to do anything other than talk. Their response, if any, will be severely limited and rely on others.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well this will end well...not.

With Allies like Turkey, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia in the region...who needs enemies?

Because Turkey is a fully paid up member of NATO, this has the potential to drag all of NATO into defending them from Russia, depending on how Russia responds.

link   

It doesn't say that,

Clearly they can read, stop being so rude.....

asen_y2k said "BBC reporting that the plane was in Syrian airspace when shot down"

And clearly on the BBC news website:

link   
This is all very interesting but Putin will not retaliate and get involved in a war with NATO. He's already pissed off NATO enough by securing Assad and wreaking mayhem on Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar's main weapon to remove Assad - ISIS (and al-Nusra/Al-Qaeda). He's doing enough and is doing well. Turkey are trying to provoke Russia, they want fisticuffs so the proxy charade can be lifted and they can just launch a ground war into Syria.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join