It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ALL Muslims support a world wide Caliphate. they recite their support for it in their daily prayers. Turkey was doing its part in support for the Caliphate by killing the infidel under the guise of an airspace incursion.

Every Mosque around the world has Muslims supporting the establishment of a worldwide Caliphate in their daily prayers, and until you understand that, you will group Muslims into moderate to extreme but the ALL support the Caliphate in prayer and their by support ISIS and others who bring it about via a Jihad.

Therefore ALL Muslims are for the Caliphate and against all pother governments.

edit on 24-11-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Funny you should mention mh17. Someone already posted the fake mh17 shootdown photo as evidence of turkey violating syrian airspace to bring down russian jets.

Yes they are getting that ridiculous now.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: christina-66

from your link:

"The incident will have grave consequences for Russia’s relations with Turkey, Putin warned.

“We have always treated Turkey as not only a close neighbor, but also as a friendly nation,” he said. “I don’t know who has an interest in what happened today, but we certainly don’t.”

The fact that Turkey did not try to contact Russia in the wake of the incident and rushed to call a NATO meeting instead is worrisome, Putin said. It appears that Turkey want NATO to serve the interests of IS, he added."

Yikes... they didnt even approach Russia after it was downed? still stunned about the 17 second violation of airspace.
This is really turning up the heat.

The bear is getting poked with more sticks. Shame.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But is it suficient to risk a war with Russia? For 17 seconds Turkish airplane could also enter syrian airspace by mistake, in any time because of being so close to the limits of their borders. That should give anyone the right to shot down an airplane turkis or russian?

edit on 24/11/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm sorry, it's unfortunate and possibly negligent. However, I tend to agree that it does not appear the Russian jets were acting in a hostile manner toward Turkey, but in the same breath this does not excuse a airspace / border incursion with armed fighter jets...17 seconds or 17 hours is irrelevant. You just don't do it. In any case, Turkey is likely guilty of overreacting if nothing else.

That said, one lost fighter jet does not WW3 make.

I think we can relax a notch or two.

edit on 11/24/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Phoenix

If the Turks warned the Russian planes for 10 minutes or 10 times as news or this letter claims then how can one reconcile that and this letters claim that Russian aircraft violated Turks airspace for 17 seconds.

As I have already explained, the planes kept looping around, growing closer to Turkey on each pass. In 17 seconds, a plane can cover about three miles.

So what you are saying is Russia kept flying by saying "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you" and on the last fly by whoops.

So Russia is bombing terrorists and Turkey is saying don't you dare cross this invisible line or we will shoot you. But ISIS can drive caravans unimpeded at will through Turkey while Turkey offers logistical assistance.

Smells like deep fried turkey this Thanksgiving. I guess that's what the world gets for the U.S. Pardoning turkey's every year.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kathael

Turkish reports never identified if the planes were russian or syrian.

Secondly russia would not need to be contacted if they stopped violating turkish airspace.

This one is russias fault.

link   

originally posted by: 23432

I am anti ISIS . I have no idea where you got the idea that I think the creation of ISIS is a good thing to do .

For the record , ISIS serves the interests of ISRAEL regionally & globally .

Well, now we are on the same page. Whole heartedly agree with you.

Italy - Greece - Spain - Turkey - Albania are the Med countries which are used by refugees and Turks are already burdening the refugees to the tune of 9 billion dollars , so far .

Agreed, these countries are the center for it ... and this has been going on for way too long. The US/Britain aren't on the side of stopping it, either ... watch Noam Chomsky, I agree with him on that issue. And I see Turkey, at least it's government, as EU lapdog. However, EU as in the form of Germany, which in reality is a stooge for US/Britain.

By your own word you think you are Crazy too .

I don't for the life of me, pretend not to be ... I wouldn't advice anyone to elect me as a leader ...

Well , have a good day with your Armageddon Fantasy but here on ATS one must deny ignorance wherever it might be found .

I have no Armageddon Fantasy, only "what you could call an illusion", that only by showing real teeth ... will the hyenas be convinced to stop gnawing at you. To me, the "Armageddon" thing is a deterrant ...

link   
From a well known reporter:

Putin being rushed back to Moscow and convened NSC meeting in light of jet and helicopter shootdowns. Weighing military response

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Turkey crossed the red line - Pushkov on Russian State TV

link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
ALL Muslims support a world wide Caliphate. they recite their support for it in their daily prayers. Turkey was doing its part in support for the Caliphate by killing the infidel under the guise of an airspace incursion.

Every Mosque around the world has Muslims supporting the establishment of a worldwide Caliphate in their daily prayers, and until you understand that, you will group Muslims into moderate to extreme but the ALL support the Caliphate in prayer and their by support ISIS and others who bring it about via a Jihad.

Therefore ALL Muslims are for the Caliphate and against all pother governments.

Complete nonsense.

Reading rubbish hateful posts like this on ATS is bizarre.

You seem to know something no one else knows... you're a genius !

link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I know your picture is not a turkey, but it definitely made me laugh out loud after your last statement about thanksgiving and turkeys.

also, I agree with you.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

originally posted by: crazyewok

Turkey should clean it #ing house out and stop the support of terrorists!

I dont want the UK to shed one drop of blood NATO or not over a country thats backing terrorists!

Turks have had 2.5million refugees and Turks don't support ISIS .

Get your facts right .

If NATO is meant to dissolve as a result of this incident so be it .

British Interests in the Eastern Med will definetely be better when Russians are in charge , right ?

What has this got to do with refugees?

Turkey does support terrorists. Turkey provide a safe passage for terrorists, Turkey turns a blind eye to terrorists, Turkey buys stolen oil from terrorists.

Your posts in this thread totally takes the mickey .

Turks and ISIS are enemies . This little fact is unknown to you yet you have a strongly biased opinion .

Turks have their own operatives in ISIS or any other Western Created Organisation in the Middle East .

64 countries buy oil from ISIS .

Get over it .

Don't kill Anti - ISIS TURKMENS of SYRIA and NO ONE SHOOTS at the planes , capish ?

Can you provide examples of my posts that take the 'mickey'?

Look, it's clear to everybody that performs even the mildest of research on the issue that Turkey provides incredible 'indirect' support to ISIS.

So, I'm not sure what else I can say to you other than... Happy researching.

link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

If Putin really does do something (other than rattle some sabers and plug the media) then there really will be hell to pay.

...and not in a good way either!!

link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: 23432

ISIS serves the interests of ISRAEL regionally & globally .

Put that dirty hood off your head..............possible you will NOT YAPP NONSENSE anymore........some fresh air will help the scalp.

The dude is fearing that world is going unleash on Turkey so he is poking in Israel's direction.

I am anti ISIS .

But your are pro FSA. Most of the new recruits of ISIS are former FSA and Nusra. So you will convert as soon as interests serve the purpose. Although can't trust a Turki on face value to begin with.

France should bomb Turkey because the suicide bombers in Paris were given a free travel pass via Turkey, like it does to all other terrorists.

Look here Boris ,

Rodina needs no idiots .

Eastern Med is not a Russian domain and that is a fact .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah I read that and am not buying it as a reason for shoot down. So what your saying basically is the Turks said "I double dare you"

Would not the Turks have looked much better by doing a close intercept and record the Russians incursion and then work the diplomatic channels instead.

Sometime during those 10 minutes someone in authority gave those F-16 pilots permission to go "hot" knowingly escalating possibly to a point where NATO involvement occurs.

Was the happenstance or plan?

I think plan myself.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Defeating isis will require boots on the ground.

I agree, but seeing as they wont be my boots, I'll not be too gung Ho for calling for boots on the ground. I would like to see some type of plan with an exit strategy unlike our last few Middle East incursions. What will be the goal and how will we know when it's achieved? What will replace the Assad regime? Simple questions really

link   
a reply to: voyger2

You mean is it sufficient for russia to start a war by violating turkish airspace?

As i stated before, if it was a coalition aircraft downed in syria by the syrians your response would be they violated syrian airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: asen_y2k

If Putin really does do something (other than rattle some sabers and plug the media) then there really will be hell to pay.

...and not in a good way either!!

Actually the Heli downing and death a of Russian soldier on the heli has been confirmed, this can lead to escalation. Its just too much for obe day.
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: kathael

Turkish reports never identified if the planes were russian or syrian.

Secondly russia would not need to be contacted if they stopped violating turkish airspace.

This one is russias fault.

So then why didn't they shoot down jets that violated airspace in the past? Why only now?

Also, why shoot an aircraft that hasnt been identified? And why contact Russia if the jet was unidentified?

Doesnt add up, does it.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join