It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
By the way Skyking number station activity increased significantly today.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well.. Geneva convention is out of the question if it's true that they killed the Pilots in the air while they were trying to parachute down ...

We always talk about a small incident that could ignite the bigger picture .. This is one of this situations.

What if Russia goes into Turkey .. declares war on Turkey .. NATO has a binding contract... there is the mess!

Because the Terrorist Government in Turkey is playing with the wrong fire.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Turkey should clean it #ing house out and stop the support of terrorists!

I dont want the UK to shed one drop of blood NATO or not over a country thats backing terrorists!

Turks have had 2.5million refugees and Turks don't support ISIS .

Get your facts right .

If NATO is meant to dissolve as a result of this incident so be it .

British Interests in the Eastern Med will definetely be better when Russians are in charge , right ?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

British Interests in the Eastern Med will definetely be better when Russians are in charge , right ?

They will be a lot better than being a glass crater.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: flyandi

Yup russia violated turkish airspace.

We are still waiting on Russian "proof" they didnt violate turkish airspace.

US Intelligence confirmed that it was less than a couple second that they flew into turkish airspace.

That's not a provocation.

I give the benefit of the doubt to Russia. Turkey is very shady!

link   

Russian jets violated turkish airspace.

You have been using this argument for 47 pages now and failed to take on board any of the subsequent feedback.

It was a brief violation that lasted seconds, and the jet was downed in Syria.

Not only that but the Turks version of events do not make sense, not even with the radar image it released. Everything the Turks have said and done since the attack this morning has only shot themselves in the foot.

Russia are out there defending the world from terrorists whilst the Turks support the terrorists. What the Turks did this morning was a punch in the gut to the rest of the world.

Oh, and as we discussed earlier in the thread the Russians are not obliged to respond to Turkey whilst flying in Syrian airspace. The Turks certainly did not warn Russia ten times in the seconds that Russia flew in their airspace. It would be impossible.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

For 17 seconds, according to the turks. But yet warned during 5min, how can this be? I don't understand?!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Turkey should clean it #ing house out and stop the support of terrorists!

I dont want the UK to shed one drop of blood NATO or not over a country thats backing terrorists!

Turks have had 2.5million refugees and Turks don't support ISIS .

Get your facts right .

If NATO is meant to dissolve as a result of this incident so be it .

What has this got to do with refugees?

Turkey does support terrorists. Turkey provide a safe passage for terrorists, Turkey turns a blind eye to terrorists, Turkey buys stolen oil from terrorists.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Its not a violation unless the country is a signatory to protocol 1. Absent that its frowned upon but not prohibited.

link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

We should not be in partnership with backward nations in this way, it makes all agreements difficult. When a nation like Turkey starts to move away politically from those within the group (on Human rights, support for despots, backing of terrorist organizations) they should be brought to the table and given a deadline to comply before being ejected from the agreement.

Haha, so by those terms, the USA should be booted out (Human Rights breaches, support for despots, backing of terrorist organisations).
The most well-armed backwards nation in the world...

link   
I think if we want to defeat Isis, we are going to have to do it as a global coalition, even if that means working alongside Russia and Iran. It's not wise to be shooting each other's planes out of the sky. Turkey has been buying oil from Isis and keeping oil pipelines flowing into turkey, so in essence they are supporting Isis, which I thought were the enemy here. We certainly need to work out who the coalition is and the enemy if we are to have any success in our rather unspecified goals
edit on 24-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

www.theguardian.com...

Turkey could cut off Islamic State’s supply lines. So why doesn’t it?

edit on 24-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

Seek some help , the right side of sanity is far better then the side you are on .

Really?

What a deluded individual ... you think that creating something like ISIS is good ... not to mention the Turkey route for ISIS and other terrorist cells to infiltrate Europe?

No thank you ... if you ever rule the world, I will absolutely support the side that will turn this planet into a celestial glass ball.

I am anti ISIS . I have no idea where you got the idea that I think the creation of ISIS is a good thing to do .

For the record , ISIS serves the interests of ISRAEL regionally & globally .

Italy - Greece - Spain - Turkey - Albania are the Med countries which are used by refugees and Turks are already burdening the refugees to the tune of 9 billion dollars , so far .

You have no perspective of Humanity in General .

By your own word you think you are Crazy too .

Well , have a good day with your Armageddon Fantasy but here on ATS one must deny ignorance wherever it might be found .

link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
So let me get this straight. Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet near the Syrian border, the parachuting Russian pilots get shot by ISIS.

Turkey is responsible for aiding and abetting the death of Russian military personnel by the hands of terrorists.

Well NATO, I hope you knew what you were doing when you fast-tracked Ergodan ruthless and clearly stupid regime.

No, you didn't get it right and here you show the joke - ISIS are not known to be in that area at all, but rebels opposing the Asaad regime are....... make you wonder doesn't it?

No not really, unlike my own government I don't differentiate between FSA, Al-Nursa or ISIS, or Boko Haram or any other terrorist. When I watched the video of the TOW destroying the helicopter I certainly noticed the nice gear he was using.

Our (my) government and its patsies in the ME have gone full-on bat # crazy rogue. They don't even represent the bad half of society. The millions rotting in U.S. Prisons have more morals than my government.

Not sure how much I care about your opinion. There are no known IS held areas in the trajectory the Russian fighter was heading to, but there are rebel forces - so who exactly were the Russians there to attack? I'm only saying that as you made the knee jerk reaction that Russia was specifically attacking an IS stronghold at the time so forgive me if you put words in my mouth. If you believe that anti Asaad rebels are terrorists - point blank - then that's your opinion.

link   
a reply to: voyger2

17 seconds or 17 minutes - they violated turkish airspace and ignored warnings going back to october. Putin has no one to blame but himself.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Is see alot of self rightious responses at the moment argueing either side of this incident.
I would like to know this:
Whatever the outcome of investigations into this, how does humanity or the people in the ME region gain anything by this other than more excuses to justify war and innocent killings in the process?
I've had it with all these presumptions and playing each other out against one and another.
I wish I could trace the origins of some of the posters here....

link   
Whelp this is what all the experts on these kind of wars warned would eventually happen.

link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Defeating isis will require boots on the ground.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

The incident has nothing to do with isis. It specifically revolves around a russian violation of turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I posted at the beginning of the Russian Intervention that i thought that Putin would down
a Western Warplane to show that he was serious and to try and humilate the West,

Looks like i was wrong about Putin on this, I am still gob-smacked
about Turkey shooting down the Russian fighter/bomber.

Turkey should not have shot down the sukhoi, it was not a threat to Turkey.

Sure they could have lit up the plane with their fire control.. but jeez shooting it down was completely un called for.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: woodwardjnr

Defeating isis will require boots on the ground.

I 100% agree with that.

But starting a war with Russia at the same time is NOT the way to go about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join