It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't get it. Turkey said they wanted to help combat ISIS but mostly bombed the Kurds. Then, when Russia actually starts bombing ISIS strong-holds, Turkey shoots down one of their plaines. What's their game?

From a Stratfor article i became on my e-mail October 7, 2015, called "Why Turkey Can't Sell a Syrian Safe Zone" :

Ankara does not want to eradicate the Islamic State only to see Kurdish forces take its place. Rather, it wants to establish a physical foothold in northern Syria to ensure that the Kurds cannot create a viable autonomous state that could exacerbate Turkey's own Kurdish problem at home.

Even though the Kurds are fighting against ISIS, Turkey bombed the Kurds under the justification that he Kurds they were bombing were the terrorist PKK.

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Very true. We can only hope people sit down and calm down.

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: rigel4

There are major players involved ... confusion reigns.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
TWO MORE AIRCRAFTS DOWNED!

link

Sourced from Tukish members on an English language defence forum. Till now all their previous news turned out correct.
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

No its not.

Its an accepted principle that air crews should be considered off limits while descending. Once on the ground that changes (Airborne troops have no protection). It was codified in the Hague rules of air warfare but never went into effect. It was later added to protocol I of the Geneva conventions of 1949.

The Soviet Union is a signatory - Russia is not.
Turkey is a signatory to the 1st protocol and not the others.

They apply to nation states and not groups.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You sure? Nothing being picked up on Twit and other reports...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

link

What the...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
ok so just to bring this together. Russia has been bombing the Turkmen and Turkey was aware of the issue and it looks like Turkey and The Turkmen just kept their word. Still not a good move on Turkeys part.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke

You sure? Nothing being picked up on Twit and other reports...

As I said these are from Turkish members on an english language forum. I am bringing their news to ATS. However their previous news turned out correct.

link   

originally posted by: madmick
Very true. We can only hope people sit down and calm down.

No, this is the wrong time to calm down ... this is the time to act.

link   
This is WW3 fellas now....What everyone warned would happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Translation of text -

development of a CNNTURK correspondent said: the right-hand side at a rocket trail tread was similar. Left-hand side it is what it is behind an unknown bodies white smoke began to fall down. Any explosive sound was not heard. Left-hand side at this time at a new bodies began to fall down. But what is falling objects that have not yet been a clear information is not available.

Are they talking about more shootdowns?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think ( not sure ) 2 different vids from the same plane. Big news like this would spread like wildfire.

ALSO update

RT : ISIS has billions of dollars from selling oil; going from Syria to Turkey - Putin.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Lets hope the Russians havent retaliated !
That would be a disaster at this stage.
edit on Tue, 24 Nov 2015 08:34:19 -0600348America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Translation of text -

development of a CNNTURK correspondent said: the right-hand side at a rocket trail tread was similar. Left-hand side it is what it is behind an unknown bodies white smoke began to fall down. Any explosive sound was not heard. Left-hand side at this time at a new bodies began to fall down. But what is falling objects that have not yet been a clear information is not available.

Are they talking about more shootdowns?

I'm not sure, my translation tool sends me on a wild goose chase as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think ( not sure ) 2 different vids from the same plane. Big news like this would spread like wildfire.

ALSO update

RT : ISIS has billions of dollars from selling oil; going from Syria to Turkey - Putin.

The death of second pilot plus the heli brought down was first reported in Turkish media then on english after an hour. I will wait dor the confirmation of the new shoot downs. Hope its not true though.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So let me get this right....

Your stance is NATO should aid Turkey a country that's suppoting terrorists against Russia who are currently fighting terrorists ?

link   
a reply to: angryhulk

Well its been 5 min so far and not picking anything up so I'd say its probably something lost in translation.

link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

link

Sourced from Tukish members on an English language defence forum. Till now all their previous news turned out correct.

That's not right is it? That's just two videos of the first incident?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: angryhulk

Well its been 5 min so far and not picking anything up so I'd say its probably something lost in translation.

The news was translated to english by Turkish members who said, we have news of two more shoot downs. I will take that as human translation. But we should wait for othr sources.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Turkey admits in a way, that THEY downed the aircrafts... They give the excuse of violating their airspace (but we know already that the aircraft was downed within syria). Turkish f-16 downed them... link

Russia evacuates its citizens from Turkey link

Here is news from the Russian ministry of defense they published satelite images from turkish f-16 shooting at the russian
link

Use google translator to read the news.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join