It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

There is...

However in this case russia violating turkish airspace has nothing to do with anything syria related. Russia can attack whatever it wants. Russia was warned numerous times about violating turkish airspace and ignored it going back to october.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
Is the area that it went through Turkish airspace within the buffer? How many nations recognize the buffer? This "buffer" could play a key role. I cant upload the google land map I took of the area. Ill try again

ok got it. I cant tell if the area in the radar is area 1 or 2 that I circled, however, neither area is barely more than one mile as indicated. How could Turkey give out 10 warnings in that small of a space? And is this space the buffer?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
We may have a situation.

Live now.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Turkey backstabbed Russia by downing the Russian warplane and acted as accomplices of the terrorists, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.

The plane was hit by a Turkish warplane as it was travelling 1 km away from the Turkish border, Putin said. The plane posed no threat to Turkish national security, he stressed.

Putin said the plane was targeting terrorist targets in the Latakia province of Syria, many of whom came from Russia.

Russia noticed of the flow of oil from Syrian territory under the control of terrorists to Turkey, Putin said.

Apparently, IS now not only receives revenue from the smuggling of oil, but also has the protection of a nation’s military, Putin said. This may explain why the terrorist group is so bold in taking acts of terrorism across the world, he added.

The incident will have grave consequences for Russia’s relations with Turkey, Putin warned.

The fact that Turkey did not try to contact Russia in the wake of the incident and rushed to call a NATO meeting instead is worrisome, Putin said. It appears that Turkey want NATO to serve the interests of IS, he added.

Typical - Russia tries to shift blame.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: madmick

I think reasons as to what why and who are now moot; that Vlad has lumped the Turks in with the Daesh ...

Hang on to your economies !!

Not nice .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Hellas

Massive test of diplomacy needed in 3 - 2 - 1 ...

Erdogan is going to start barking again. NATO will meet later today and Russia is going to put the pressure on and boom goes the dynamite

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Can Op fix the header ?

Or a nice passing Mod ...

No offence intended - too serious to not have it right ...

edit on 24-11-2015 by Timely because: (no reason given)

link   
This is now a copy and paste, and my fourth time of asking since you keep ignoring me.

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Timely

Its not... Then again russia violated turkish airspace and turkey had a right to respond. Just as russia would if the turks violated russian airspace.

I have asked you this TWO TIMES already and you have IGNORED both posts yet you REPEAT the same story.

Please tell us all how you KNOW Russia would respond by shooting down a Turkish jet. Are Turkey currently flying near Russia eliminating a terrorist threat?

link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
We may have a situation.

Live now.

He called the Attack a back stabbing of ISIS supporters aka Turkey

link   
a reply to: Timely

Too little too late. The time for diplomacy has come and gone unfortunately. If diplomacy was to happen, it would have already made a pact to destroy ISIS, not bicker about border intrusions in hopes of shooting someone out of the sky someday.

I seriously hope I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Massive test of diplomacy needed in 3 - 2 - 1 ...

Send in John Kerry! He's, like, SUPER smart.

link   
I think we passed the point of no return, today.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Turkey needs to deal with the repercussions NATO needs to condemn turkey or even handle our fly, one way or another none of this looks good.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
I think we passed the point of no return, today.

Not yet, not yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Another grafic video of the dead pilot.

link

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Turkey needs to deal with the repercussions NATO needs to condemn turkey or even handle our fly, one way or another none of this looks good.

NATO will never condemn Turkey. It's in their interest to do the opposite, so they have a reason against Russia.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: voyger2

Turkey backstabbed Russia by downing the Russian warplane and acted as accomplices of the terrorists, Russian President Vladimir Putin said.

The plane was hit by a Turkish warplane as it was travelling 1 km away from the Turkish border, Putin said. The plane posed no threat to Turkish national security, he stressed.

Putin said the plane was targeting terrorist targets in the Latakia province of Syria, many of whom came from Russia.

Russia noticed of the flow of oil from Syrian territory under the control of terrorists to Turkey, Putin said.

Apparently, IS now not only receives revenue from the smuggling of oil, but also has the protection of a nation’s military, Putin said. This may explain why the terrorist group is so bold in taking acts of terrorism across the world, he added.

The incident will have grave consequences for Russia’s relations with Turkey, Putin warned.

The fact that Turkey did not try to contact Russia in the wake of the incident and rushed to call a NATO meeting instead is worrisome, Putin said. It appears that Turkey want NATO to serve the interests of IS, he added.

Typical - Russia tries to shift blame.

I fail to see how you come to that conclusion from what was stated.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k
This is just out. WTF is happening!

BREAKING: Second pilot found dead amid reports rescue helicopter also DOWNED

Nothing confirmed yet.

The express is known for publishing untrue information.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's incidents like this we all were afraid of when Russia joined the fight in Syria. No good can come from this, especially when both camps are pointing the finger at the other.

Damn....

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join