It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But how long was it in Turkish airspace if we believe Turkey gave 10 warnings. That spat of land is only about 2-4km across. Did the Russian plane keep entering their airspace. Or did it go in once and then shot down in Syrian airspace/buffer zone

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: angryhulk

Still doesnt negate the fact it violated turkish airspace.

You can keep saying this all you like, it doesn't change the fact that Turkey has just risked an all out war between NATO and Russia over something that was pretty insignificant and could have been (should have been) dealt with through diplomatic channels.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

See my previous bully analogy.

What is worth human lives in that pissy bit of Turkey ??

ED: Which on the map looks like an incursion into Syria !

edit on 24-11-2015 by Timely because: Old wars are re-fought with little knowledge nor thought of those that sacrificed their lives for us all ...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What they did in that video shooting a non combatant out of the sky, whilst screaming Allan Akbar is a #ing act of war, Russia level their #ing asses, I have no problem with it. That video is the "smoking gun", no further questions should be asked. Now, is it a slippery slope not supporting nations in nato? Well yes it is, however it's even more of a slippery Slope supporting nations that support Islamic terrorism, yes even more so, period end of story, # the politics what happened in that video is wrong end of story, and it's an act of war.
edit on 24-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

link   
Another English speaking defence forum filled with Arabs and Turks are confirming reports of the downed Russian rescue helicopter. Apparantly it has been downed by Syrian rebels. Sadly I cannot read Arabic or Turkish tweets they are refering to.
edit on 24/11/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: rigel4
Fighter jet shot down after 'violating Turkish air space'

A fighter jet which violated Turkish air space has been shot down close to the Syrian border after ignoring warnings, a Turkish military official has said.

The official said the nationality of the downed jet is unclear.

It was known from the outlet that it was Russian, and more to the point, it wasn't flying in Turkish airspace. The turks are trying to "protect" the border of Turkey that is, and has been, the main source for supplies for the Rebels and ISIS.

The Russians will play this down ... which, as so often before, is the wrong move ... they should nuke turkey, period. Turkey won't stop supporting, neither the Rebels, nor ISIS.

The Russians have to be ready to use their Nukes.

I think we are closer to seeing WW3 with nukes flying, no microwave will be needed for the popcorn. . . .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: madmick

You guys are stuck on this arent you. It violated Turkish airspace... Turkey said it would shoot down military aircraft that violated its airspace (which russia did several times in october). Maybe Russia should update its maps so they dont violate turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Mate, take a look at this guys Twitter feed, he seems quite informed on events.

@Charles_Lister

This is his last tweet.

The FSA’s 1st Coastal Division claims to have destroyed a Russia helicopter in Jebel al-Turkman with a TOW anti-tank missile.

Hes also saying second pilot is deceased.

edit on 24/11/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC

Mate, take a look at this guys Twitter feed, he seems quite informed on events.

This is his last tweet.

The FSA’s 1st Coastal Division claims to have destroyed a Russia helicopter in Jebel al-Turkman with a TOW anti-tank missile.

Hes also saying second pilot is deceased.

Yes I hear the same thing on another defence forum filled with Arabs and Turks. They are confirming it too. This is a extremely rotten situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Not a good thing if verified ...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Its not... Then again russia violated turkish airspace and turkey had a right to respond. Just as russia would if the turks violated russian airspace.

If a US fighter was shot down over syria you guys would be saying syria had every right to down it. The same applies to turkey.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You guys are stuck on this arent you. It violated Turkish airspace...

Just like you being stuck on that.

link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Hellas

Ironic meme - as if we will hear from the surviving downed Pilot ...

Sorry I had to explain - you misunderstood me.

link   

we get it..

moving on

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think some on here hate Russia so much that in a straight fight between ISIS and Russia they'd be cheering for ISIS.

link   
Is the area that it went through Turkish airspace within the buffer? How many nations recognize the buffer? This "buffer" could play a key role. I cant upload the google land map I took of the area. Ill try again

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nope, I am stuck on the 10 warnings. How can that many warnings be given over such a small distance travelling around 300-600 mph ? Was the plane shot down in the so called buffer zone. Is the buffer zone even legal. If so, does Russia recognise that buffer Zone

You guys are stuck on this arent you. It violated Turkish airspace... Turkey said it would shoot down military aircraft that violated its airspace (which russia did several times in october). Maybe Russia should update its maps so they dont violate turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

You guys are stuck on this arent you. It violated Turkish airspace...

Just like you being stuck on that.

Which is relevant.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Timely

Its not... Then again russia violated turkish airspace and turkey had a right to respond. Just as russia would if the turks violated russian airspace.

I have asked you this TWO TIMES already and you have IGNORED both posts yet you REPEAT the same story.

Please tell us all how you KNOW Russia would respond by shooting down a Turkish jet. Are Turkey currently flying near Russia eliminating a terrorist threat?
edit on 24/11/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/11/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

Won't Russia now go and bomb the western backed rebels to hell with abandon

Isn't the whole situation just fascinating really. You have TPTB supporting both sides of the war/peace dichotomy that ultimately keeps the real enemy (the people) in check

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join