It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I'd take a look at this thread about 2 Turkish journalists that have been arrested because they found evidence of arms being sent to terrorists by Turkey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: Seed76
Apparently Turkey stops their flights :

Source

The Turkish Air Force , by decision of the Turkish General Staff ceased overflights over the Syrian territory under the fear of direct downing of their fighters from the Russian Su-30 and the a / S-400 that are "locked" now the Syrian airspace.

Regards

Seed

Thanks for the update
Quick question though is there an English portal to that site, the last 2 times I've tried to access it on my phone I couldn't see where to get the English version...

this website have an auto translation under the main article title and picture, it says : Translate this page (pick your flag).
edit on 27-11-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Russian Minister: Security Concerns Justify Restricting Civil Rights

Apparently Turkey isnt the only country who thinks restricting civil liberties over security is justifiable.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Nor is the USA,whats your point?
a lesson in double standards?
edit on 27-11-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Xcathdra
Nor is the USA,whats your point?

Just balancing out the argument.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Stop derailing this thread Tim,create a thread if you like but let's stick to the story here about Russia and Turkey please

Looks like Russia has hit back big time against the Turkmen in the region their pilot was killed! One of their towns was absolutely devastated by an obscene amount of strikes when the media get in there it won't be a pretty site!

The Russian surviver of the Turkish missile strike on his plane plans to get back into action over there and get payback for his fallen friend

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
today news are a bit funny...

Erdogan warns Russia : DONT play with fire. link

Putin says to Turks - Without an apology, there is no meeting - link
Our news say, gray wolfs shot down the aircraft, also shot the pilot in parachute and tortured his dead body in the streets as a trophy.

We have their portraits too. link
We also have news 2-3 days before the event, Turkey moved a squad of 250 gray wolfs inside syria. It looks like an organized event, not a mistake or coincidental.

here is the link, pick your flag to auto-translate it link

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

I am a minority in Turkey and you have some warped idea about this issue obviously .

Sorry to ask but what minority that might be ? Greek ( Pontus ) ? Armenian or Assyrian? And no i do not have some warped idea about it. Fact is that after the rise of nationalism(Grey Wolfs, etc) under the Ottoman Empire almost entirely removed the ancient indigenous communities of Armenian, Greek, and Assyrian populations in Anatolia and surrounding regions.

But that is for another thread. Lets try to stay on topic.

we are talking about almost 3.5 million Turkmen here , unless Russia is stopped , these people and some more will also end up in Turkey & Europe .

All for serving the interest of Putin's Russia .

According to an article "Bayırbucak Turkmens" is the ones that been supported.
Source
The ones i am referring to :

So i am going to ask again :

Which Turkmen would be ? The Islamist ones ? or those that allies with the FSA ? Turkmen fought Assad because Turkey told them to do.

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

That happens when russia violates turkish airspace. Not derailing the thread either, engaging others in their discussions.

Also - Please use my screen name as is required by T and C.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human and a reply to: sosobad

To be honest when I asked whether there was proof that Turkey is supporting ISIS militarily etc., I was hoping for something better. As said, is there any proof, or were your comments just made because you want that to be the case? Evidence is always helpful to back up such a serious claim.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

its a stated fact Rebels often defect to Isis
its a stated fact NATO states are arming and training Rebels in Turkey and entering Syria.
its also a stated fact American and British special forces are working with the rebels/ISIS in Syria

edit on 27-11-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

In November, a former ISIS member told Newsweek that the group was essentially given free rein by Turkey's army.

"ISIS commanders told us to fear nothing at all because there was full cooperation with the Turks," the fighter said. "ISIS saw the Turkish army as its ally especially when it came to attacking the Kurds in Syria."

A US-led raid on the compound housing the Islamic State's "chief financial officer" produced evidence that Turkish officials directly dealt with ranking ISIS members, Martin Chulov of the Guardian reported recently.

The officer killed in the raid, Islamic State official Abu Sayyaf, was responsible for directing the terror army's oil and gas operations in Syria. The Islamic State (aka ISIS, ISIL, or Daesh) earns up to $10 million a month selling oil on black markets.

Documents and flash drives seized during the Sayyaf raid reportedly revealed links "so clear" and "undeniable" between Turkey and ISIS "that they could end up having profound policy implications for the relationship between us and Ankara," senior Western official familiar with the captured intelligence told the Guardian.

uk.businessinsider.com...

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Its a stated fact using NATO in your posts still doesnt mean nato is involved. Russian and Chinese weapons are also being used so does that mean the EEU / BRICS are involved?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I'd take a look at this thread about 2 Turkish journalists that have been arrested because they found evidence of arms being sent to terrorists by Turkey.

Terrorists? Or Freedom fighters? This is off topic, but since you asked me, I feel obliged to ask you....

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Terrorists? Or Freedom fighters? This is off topic, but since you asked me, I feel obliged to ask you....

Freedom fighters, who are not syrians? Are terrorists. I havent met a single syrian freedom fighter with all these thousands they come by boats (turkey smuggles them for 1500 euros per head). Turks do great business.

who calls them freedom fighters? We live in the age, that words lose/lost their true meaning/ID. Two people speak the same language, but they cannot understand each other.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
BREAKING : Russia to suspend VISA free regime for Turks starting 1st of january.
Well this is escalating...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Sorry to ask but what minority that might be ? Greek ( Pontus ) ? Armenian or Assyrian?

I am Circassian .

And no i do not have some warped idea about it.

uhm , I beg to differ but this is a free world after all .

Fact is that after the rise of nationalism(Grey Wolfs, etc) under the Ottoman Empire almost entirely removed the ancient indigenous communities of Armenian, Greek, and Assyrian populations in Anatolia and surrounding regions.

Rise of nationalism has cost lots of lives on BOTH sides . You see I can feel for the Pontus , Greek , Assyrian or Armenians . Because I am aware of their plight .
You on the other hand seem to have no idea how many Turks/Muslims have been killed by Christians at the same time . [ estimated number to 3 - 4 million ]
In your world view , it seems that the Big Bad Turk just went nuts and killed anyone and everyone .
Truth is a bit more complicated .

But that is for another thread. Lets try to stay on topic.

Sure but in the mean time do google Circassian Genocide so if we should ever talk on the subject , you do have an idea . As for the Armenian issue I suggest you to check the otherside of the " Story " . www.tallarmeniantale.com...

So i am going to ask again :

Which Turkmen would be ? The Islamist ones ? or those that allies with the FSA ? Turkmen fought Assad because Turkey told them to do.

Regards

Seed

Turkmen are all over Syria and extreme minority of them does join ISIS . Obviously they don't deserve any help . But those Bayirbucak Turkmen's south Brigade had just taken 2 villages back from ISIS and Russians started bombing raids on them .
Russia has been bombing the Turkmen Brigade for a different reason then ISIS . That is just a smoke screen to sell the aggresion of Russians to the uninitiated .

Thank you for keeping it civil .
Regards .

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Italian police busts truck at Trieste: Loaded with 800 Pump-action guns.
Truck came from Turkey, headed to Belgium (where most of the Paris attackers reside).
Guns are from Turkish manufacturer.

www.bbc.com...

Remember, there was a similar thread on here, with a greece cargo ship bust, loaded with pumpactions from turkey. if i remember correctly it was heading to Lybia.

Turkey is really committed to put more fire to the powderkeg.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Soon pretty much every country will be funding and supplying their own terrorist cell. I wish the US hadn't started the trend.

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join