It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: sosobad

There is no directly an english portal but in every article on the right side, there are some flags. Just click the language you want. Keep in mind though that some Greek words google translator, cannot translate directly. As an example here the same article with the google translator : Source

Regards

Seed

Cheers

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

If its acceptable to russia then yes, turkey has the same right in syria.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Guys .. Lets try and keep it civil and on topic.. directed at no one in
particular.. Keep on topic or mods will close.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So you are going to sit there are try and imply that others have double standards?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Turkmen fought Assad because he severely oppressed them and made it basically illegal for them to practice their culture.

Well, Turkey does the same with all the minorities that living in Turkei. Unless you want to argue that the ethnic minorities living there are thriving.

Also you keep mentioning Turkmen.Which Turkmen would be ? The Islamist ones ? or those that allies with the FSA ? Turkmen fought Assad because Turkey told them to do.

Regards

Seed

link   

As others do sure. Turkey should be able to use the very actions / justifications Russia uses should they not? Especially seeing how identical they are.

Just as some argue when it comes to russian actions compared to US actions.
edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: sosobad

So you are going to sit there are try and imply that others have double standards?

I think you are doing that all along anyway .

And i have noticed that little " stfu " remark more then once .

Do try to keep it civil pls.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

As others do sure. Turkey should be able to use the very actions / justifications Russia uses should they not? Especially seeing how identical they are.

As I have stated Turkey have the right to claim anything they want, regardless of whether it is right or not, read my posts. I have never slated a double standard comment at anyone in this thread until it was done to me, 3 times in less than 24 hours while those trying to do say it are just as bad. So let me ask you now who is baiting?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

I think you are doing that all along anyway .

And i have noticed that little " stfu " remark more then once .

Do try to keep it civil pls.

It's an emoji put in by ATS coders, you don't like it take it up with them.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Turkmen fought Assad because he severely oppressed them and made it basically illegal for them to practice their culture.

Well, Turkey does the same with all the minorities that living in Turkei. Unless you want to argue that the ethnic minorities living there are thriving.

I am a minority in Turkey and you have some warped idea about this issue obviously .
Syrian didn't even issue ID papers to Kurds . The Kurds were treated like donkeys by Asad .
Compare that to Turks who have had Kurdish Presidents and Prime Ministers .

Also you keep mentioning Turkmen.Which Turkmen would be ? The Islamist ones ? or those that allies with the FSA ? Turkmen fought Assad because Turkey told them to do.

Regards

Seed

we are talking about almost 3.5 million Turkmen here , unless Russia is stopped , these people and some more will also end up in Turkey & Europe .

All for serving the interest of Putin's Russia .

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Simply saying Russia thinks this is alright, so they should accept it. I don't remember your views on Crimea.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Not once did I mention double standard - you did. I pointed out its baiting to ask a question without proper context and by doing so you tried to force an answer by trying to hide, as you put it, a double standard.

If Russia can use it then Turkey can use it in the exact same manner. Just as people argue that if the US does something then Russia can as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Not once did I mention double standard - you did. I pointed out its baiting to ask a question without proper context and by doing so you tried to force an answer by trying to hide, as you put it, a double standard.

If Russia can use it then Turkey can use it in the exact same manner. Just as people argue that if the US does something then Russia can as well.

Did I bring up Ukraine? At all? Why is my views on Ukraine relevant to this thread? Both you and occams leveled questions about ukraine to me did you not?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Because Russia is making claims against Turkey that Russia has issues with, except when Russia does it themselves. The same arguments about Syria and anti Assad rebels have been raised time and again in Ukraine threads because people felt the link was relevant.

So now its not relevant?

Sticking to just Syria -
Yes Turkey has a right to protect civilians from the assad government.

Also a user brought up Trump which has nothing to do with this thread yet you remained quiet.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Because Russia is making claims against Turkey that Russia has issues with, except when Russia does it themselves. The same arguments about Syria and anti Assad rebels have been raised time and again in Ukraine threads because people felt the link was relevant.

So now its not relevant?

Sticking to just Syria -
Yes Turkey has a right to protect civilians from the assad government.

Yes but you both asked me questions about it why? What was the aim of trying to get my opinion on ukraine?

Because he didn't ask me about trump

edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thank you for proving your point about double standards.

Meanwhile in Russia...
Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Thank you for proving your point about double standards.

Meanwhile in Russia...
Russian crackdown on Muslims fuels exodus to Islamic State

How? You asked me about ukraine, the other user commented to someone else about trump. You want my opinion on trump doesn't belong in the thread, now why you asking my opinion on ukraine?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20080048]Xcathdra[/post
Russia is not trying to Annex anybody, Russian citizens have lived their for hundreds of years.
and why if by these actions you hate Putin so, would it be acceptable if Turkey went ahead and took a chunk of Syria?
Why is it you believe Turkey to be more credible in its fight against ISIS, when there is proof that Turky is complicit in arming and supplying them?
Your head is clearly not screwed on straight, it seams your willing to argue anything, even if it goes against your own beliefs.
please stop poisoning the waters exercising your narcissism of an otherwise good conversation.
edit on 27-11-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Why is it you believe Turkey to be more credible in its fight against ISIS, when there is proof that Turky is complicit in arming and supplying them?

Yet none is able to actually come up with that "proof" are they. Where is the proof? No doubt if it is repeatedly mentioned people will start to think it is factual.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Based on your posts in Ukraine threads dont lecture me about what I believe. Dont try to justify Russian actions by distorting facts. Not everyone in Crimea is Russian. If your position is valid in ukraine Turkeys position is valid in Syria.

Even more so when we introduce the argument if who originally controlled what.

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join