It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Laxus
a reply to: Xcathdra

As always keep beating a rotten horse , I see

For asking a person to support their claims? Wouldnt the dead horse be making claims and failing to support them when asked?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

I am making the argument Turkmen are fighting ISIS, rather than bomb ISIS Russia bombed someone fighting them.

I make the argument Russia claims they can use military action to defend Ethnic Russians in other countries ... so Russia should accept Turkey did the same here.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Apparently Turkey stops their flights :

Source

The Turkish Air Force , by decision of the Turkish General Staff ceased overflights over the Syrian territory under the fear of direct downing of their fighters from the Russian Su-30 and the a / S-400 that are "locked" now the Syrian airspace.

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I am making the argument Turkmen are fighting ISIS, rather than bomb ISIS Russia bombed someone fighting them.

I make the argument Russia claims they can use military action to defend Ethnic Russians in other countries ... so Russia should accept Turkey did the same here.

Well that says it all there if Assad is also fighting ISIS more effectively I might add why are the Turkmen and by that extension Turkey fighting Assad? They are actively hindering Syria and Russia fighting ISIS, by that regards why shouldn't they be bombed?

Turkey are entitled to say they are defending Turkmen in Syria but it was a Russian plane the shot down and also Turkey is receiving shipments of oil from Isis and is letting them use their boarder as their own personal gateway in and out of the country. Turkey isn't concerned with helping the Turkmen Turkey is concerned with helping Turkey.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Apparently Turkey stops their flights :

Source

The Turkish Air Force , by decision of the Turkish General Staff ceased overflights over the Syrian territory under the fear of direct downing of their fighters from the Russian Su-30 and the a / S-400 that are "locked" now the Syrian airspace.

Regards

Seed

Thanks for the update
Quick question though is there an English portal to that site, the last 2 times I've tried to access it on my phone I couldn't see where to get the English version...

link   

No, I described Trump's policies in regards to Mexicans and Muslims as being eerily similar to Hitler's in regards to the Jewish. Maybe Russia is also an Oligarchy though? I'm not saying it isn't.
Rounding up and deporting members of a certain ethnicity/religion, building a wall, forcing members of a certain ethnicity/religion to register and have identification due to that ethnicity/religion... Well, at least he doesn't want to brand them with the Star of David. ^_^

Perhaps I was incorrect in saying it was Fascist quite yet, but it is definitely Oligarchic, or a Plutocracy if you will. If you think, say, TPP was drafted to benefit the people then we are receiving significantly different information on what the bill secretly created away from the public with heavy corporate input will actually do.
There's also the NSA's constant infringement of privacy rights and so forth, but I guess that's a different issue.
edit on 27/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

link   

edit on 27/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Double Post

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
Sorry, "Oligarchy."

It's on its way to fascism though. Especially with Mein Trumpf and everything.

You just described Russia / Putin -

noun, plural oligarchies.
1.a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few.
2.a state or organization so ruled.
3.the persons or class so ruling.

We get it, you hate Russia.

link   

Turkmen fought Assad because he severely oppressed them and made it basically illegal for them to practice their culture.

Assad is not fighting ISIS at all. Assad could not even get to ISIS, the Rebel groups were between them and were defeating Assad. Why do you keep lying about Assad fighting ISIS?

Again, if Russia can invade to protect ethnic Russians, can't Turkey invade Syria and annex the Turkmen from Syria? Or are you against what Russia did in Crimea?

link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

again though we come back to the issue where they make the claims while being completely blind to their own situation.

As for the US-
Oligarchy? Maybe... although there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Fascist? nope.

What evidence?

The USA is 100% a oligarchy

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Stop with the personal attacks.

From Turkish media - Some interesting info
Turkey suspends Syria flights after crisis with Russia

Turkey-Russia hotline established in October

Following the downing of the plane, the existence of a memorandum from October emerged calling for the establishment of a special radio channel between Turkish and Russian warplanes.

Russia’s deputy Air Force commander, Maj. Gen. Sergei Dranov, visited Ankara on Oct. 15 following consecutive airspace violations by Russian warplanes after Moscow started a massive military campaign in Syria on Sept. 30. The objective of the agreement and the establishment of the channel was to avoid potential confrontation between the two countries’ air forces, sources said.

The agreement was largely similar to one Russia agreed on with the U.S., sources said. “Russia’s message to us during the Oct. 15 talks was like: ‘We use only one channel in Syria. Contact us through this channel to send your warnings to avoid problems.’ We accepted this, and we have issued all our warnings through this channel since then. As this channel is being used by the U.S. Air Force as well, warnings Turkey has made to Syria have been recorded by both the Russian air base [in Syria] and the Americans at İncirlik base [in Adana].”

Russia’s non-response regarded as threat

Although Turkish pilots reportedly warned two Russian warplanes 10 times in five minutes while they were approaching Turkish airspace, there was no response on this special radio channel, sources said.

“Despite the agreement with Russia, the fact that both warplanes did not communicate through this channel caused Turkish pilots to profile these planes as ‘Profile: Syria aircraft,’ and consider the situation a ‘serious threat’ as part of the military rules of engagement. One of the aircraft returned to Syrian airspace but the other that insisted on heading toward Hatay was downed by the F16s,” a source said.

edit on 27-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

What was personal about that?

Or you deflecting?
edit on 27-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Turkmen fought Assad because he severely oppressed them and made it basically illegal for them to practice their culture.

Assad is not fighting ISIS at all. Assad could not even get to ISIS, the Rebel groups were between them and were defeating Assad. Why do you keep lying about Assad fighting ISIS?

Again, if Russia can invade to protect ethnic Russians, can't Turkey invade Syria and annex the Turkmen from Syria? Or are you against what Russia did in Crimea?

It has been shown by Jürgen Todenhöfer who was in Syria not sitting behind a keyboard in the states like you that Assad is the only one effectively fighting ISIS. You calling the man's account unreliable? He is an ex politician from Germany that is now an investigative journalist and the interview was with CNN.

I went through this last night with another member, why are you bringing up Ukraine in a Syria thread? I'll ask you a question relative for this thread, do you think Turkey has the right to annex a part of Syria? If you come back with "no opinion" stop talki g about it, straight answer yes or no?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

But... You do hate Russia... Don't you? Or Putin, or whatever. I hate American Politics, I hate large corporations, if anyone said that to me I wouldn't really care. Is it because he said "Russia" rather than "Putin" specifically?

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

"We never did it because we regarded Turkey as our friend, we never expected an attack from that side. This is why we regard this attack as that of a traitor. But now we that this is possible, and we have to protect our planes. This is why we deployed a modern system, the S-400, it has a pretty long range and it's one of the most effective systems of this kind in the world. We will not stop there: if we have to we will also deploy our fighter jets in the area."

Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey After Russia Releases Video Of S-400 SAM Deployment In Syria

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Talk about baiting.. Your question would be relevant taking into account Russias action in Ukraine. If Russia is goint to annex part of another country while claiming protection of ethnic russians then the option is valid for Turkey.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

There is no directly an english portal but in every article on the right side, there are some flags. Just click the language you want. Keep in mind though that some Greek words google translator, cannot translate directly. As an example here the same article with the google translator : Source

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

and you guys would be wrong. I cant stand putin or his government. I have no issues with the russian people.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Talk about baiting.. Your question would be relevant taking into account Russias action in Ukraine. If Russia is goint to annex part of another country while claiming protection of ethnic russians then the option is valid for Turkey.

Again is this thread about ukraine? I am baiting when both you and occams are bringing up a totally different country to what this thread is about? So you support Turkey's right to annex yes?
edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Considering the ramp up of russian propaganda this wasn't a surprise. Why didnt russsia notify turkey? I mean russia was pissed turkey didnt notify them after the incident. Russia didnt notify turkey before hand.

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join