It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman shoots purse snatcher in the back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Content warning, guy gets shot in the back. No blood, but I know some people are sensitive to this sort of thing.

Just saw this and thought it was a little surreal. The commentary from the woman filming (I assume) just seemed bizarre. When another woman starts talking to her it sounds like they were discussing someone getting pulled over for a traffic ticket, though a human being just got shot in the back.

I really want to think that the alleged purse snatcher had a weapon and the woman that shot him (just terrifying watching her with a gun in a crowded place) was trying to protect other people from a murderous rampage, but it sure as F doesn't look like it.

If I witnessed a purse snatching I wouldn't even pull out my gun. It's a needless escalation. You can replace a purse and cancel the credit cards. You can't replace that life.

Even if I shot someone that was shooting at me for no reason, it would haunt me daily. Even if I didn't kill them. Before I got my CPL I read "In the gravest extreme" and really did think about it. The idea of ever having to kill someone terrifies me, but if I'm ever in that position, I know I'll do the right thing.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No trained gun owner would ever shoot someone or even draw their weapon in that situation. She made a grave error in a) drawing her weapon and b) using it after her life was not in imminent danger.

That being said any cop that did the same thing would be just 'doing his job'.

Double standards suck.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You gotta be a proper coward to shoot someone in the back...

I mean 110% cowardly.

As cowardly as it gets.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That being said any cop that did the same thing would be just 'doing his job'.

Can you f-ing not?

We can't discuss one incident without having people inject something else into it?

"Woman shoots guy in the back", well, F cops, F black people, F gun owners, F women.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Actually my whole statement was on topic except for one sentence and to answer you question I will post what I want and you can deal or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I can no longer find the link to the newspaper article I read two days about about this...but this seems to be a video of the same incident. A woman fired a gun, not directly at the purse snatcher, did not hit him and the sound scared him and he tripped. The people who had first caught him were able to recapture him and hold him until the police arrived. The woman turned herself in at the police station later that evening and was released with no charges. The would be thief, however, was charged and held. I'll keep looking for the link to the news article.

www.wacotrib.com...

edit on 24-11-2015 by kyred because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ha Ha , love it when the camera pans over to a welcome to America sign . Says it all really .

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I mean 110% cowardly.

As cowardly as it gets.

Or don't base so much of your self worth on BS honor. You can be the biggest baddest bravest Motha' and the cowards still going to win.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

2 out of 4 sentences were about cops, the last one "Double standards suck." was referring to what? Not the preceding sentence?

This has NOTHING to do with the cops, it was a dumbass woman shooting someone, but you had to get in a little jab at cops.

Someone gets murdered with a knife, and you get a yahoo saying "So glad it finally wasn't a gun nut!".

You know what, I'm grumpy right now. I didn't mean to take it out on you.

Long day.

edit on 2420151120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If they take the gun away from everyone, only criminals will have guns..

except here..

ahh whatever, she was probably in fear of her life, as per a cops line.

who knows.

GUNS ARE COOL YOU GUYS!!!

(post by laminatedsoul removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I have days like that too...no worries.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

I mean 110% cowardly.

As cowardly as it gets.

Or don't base so much of your self worth on BS honor. You can be the biggest baddest bravest Motha' and the cowards still going to win.

I have no idea what you mean to be honest.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

I mean 110% cowardly.

As cowardly as it gets.

I have no idea what you mean to be honest.

I'll try and explain what I mean.

Honor bound people are always going to be at a disadvantage to someone who is not bound by such bull. Honor is worthless in the grand scheme of things (at least that is the way i see it). It's like this, I rather live and be victorious by fighting dirty then to die honorably. And i see nothing wrong with someone shooting someone else in the back. This was a reply to laminatedsoul
edit on 24-11-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
that struck me as a tad extreme, under the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

And i see nothing wrong with someone shooting someone else in the back.

Ok.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Note to self: If filming, keep mouth shut.

The bizarre commentary was a distraction from the events on the video, was unnecessary, and the woman talking who might otherwise be completely normal just sounds like an idiot. That said, I'm appalled that the shooter:

-shot someone over a purse
-in the back
-who was clearly fleeing

This is the kind of crap that makes the anti gun folks look reasonable, and reasonable gun owners are judged on this bad behavior. At the least, the shooter should lose her carry license. Can't say I'd be disturbed if she had a gun in her own house though.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kyred

I think your right. It looks like she shoots over his head. It is still rather foolish IMO.
edit on 24-11-2015 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I mean 110% cowardly.

As cowardly as it gets.

You've got to be a coward robbing a women for their purse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join