It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish I Would Have Spent More Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I just found out I lost a friend. A friend I won't get to see, or talk to, again. Perhaps, he was even a friend I took for granted.

I'm a couple of months away from 30 and im beginning to see how fragile life is.

What is a life worth? To some people it is worth everything, to others......well, as long as it's not theirs or someone they know.

I'm just now starting to understand how precious a life is.

Turns out, every life truly is precious.
Here is to the one many of us lost.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am sorry about your friend.
For some it doesn't become real until a parent dies. The worse I can imagine is losing your kids.
Everyone takes everyone for granted too much too often. If you have the chance, hug your loved ones. Call your parents or your friends while you can. Tomorrow is not promised.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

I lost my Mom in July. She was a health nut in the truest sense. She exercised, ate right and avoided negative thoughts and people. I had always assumed she would outlive me. I guess it is true only the good die young.

I am sorry for your loss, but you are learning from it which is a great way to handle this tragedy.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Life is a temporary state in the Grand Plan. Our lives are but a blink and then we are gone. If we are lucky, we go first, but that in itself causes others who know and love you to suffer the loss. They then learn, as you have, how very precious and miraculous waking every day truly is.

Tell the people you love, just that. And tell them often. Hug. Big, body to body hugs giving no care to who may be watching. This is YOUR loved one! Break bread together, either alone or with others in your shared circle. Laugh a lot. Laugh until you belly hurts. This is good for you.

Communicate often...just to say "hey, thinking about you", etc....and end with a sincere "I love you" dude...sis...bro..cuz...dad...mom...sister...my friend, whichever is abblicable.

Share yourself often and allow those who love and care for you to share themself. Often

Take back your life. It is not about your work, your house, your bank account. It is 100% about the love and kindness you give to others and allow others to give it back to you.

When you do this, you suffer loss differently. While their physical self can no longer be interactive with you, your shared experiences of love and caring will remain with you and ease the saddness.

I am off to hug my family members. I challenge all who read this to embrace your people today as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend!

In my family, we always hugged and kissed and told each other, "I love you." At least when a family member passed on, we knew they passed on knowing they were truly loved and appreciated. I just lost my Mom in October and I miss her terribly.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I'm close to your age so I understand the shock (not necessarily the pain, though). we don't expect anyone of our peers to be ripped so permanently from our lives. So when one does pass away, it's especially hard. Even someone we'd consider no more than an acquaintance that we'd see once in awhile in passing, can profoundly effect us. Up until this point, most people our age have had many friends they have parted ways with, for one reason or another. But regardless of the reason, theirs always a possibility of crossing paths with them down the road. Even a heartbreaking end to a romantic relationship always has that chance (though, sometimes extremely slim). This being someone you called a "good friend," I'd imagine the loss has left you devastated. Unlike the other times people have departed you live, this one is so finale. It's understandably hard to accept. It seems so unfair he was robbed of so many years on this earth. There's two (assuming) parents that were also robbed of the rest of their lives. They may not have literally died but, I've heard, after losing the parent(s) never truely "live" again. Losing a child is the hardest thing a human can experience. One of my moms friends list her son a few years ago and she is still visibly devistated. One of the only ways that make her smile is when her sons friends stop by or call. It helps keep his memory alive to build relationships with these friends. Many she met for the first time at her sons funeral. It's also been benifical for the buddy's. Checking in on their friend's mom, is exactly what he'd want for them to do. If possible, I encourage you to do the same.
Unlike the majority of life's experiences, theirs no advise anyone can give you to eliminate the way you're feeling. Don't feel the need to "be strong"(one of the oddest ways to express sympathy) if you're feeling week. Bottling your sorrows will only magnify them, once they surface. Which is unavoidable. Dealing with death at our age can make us think about our own demise or have us take inventory of our life, up until that point. It's sometimes the first time doing so. Which can be overwhelming. Don't hesitate to seek some form of therapeutic guidance, if you feel the need. It's probably too soon, right now, but eventually you may want to consider a way to honor his life that benefits others. The only thing I know about his passing, is that it was untimely. So natural causes can be ruled out. So there's a good chance theirs organizations that were created to benifit his cause of death. (Every cancer, disease, addiction, etc. has at least one). Think about connecting with one to see if your assistance could be of use. I've done so in honor of a couple loved ones and it still makes me feel so connected to them.

You are in my prayers and know you have many in your corner to help you through this.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hope you are doing ok. I'm sure your friend knows that you are thinking of him and care.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I thank all of you for your kind words. I'm sorry for the losses you've had to experience yourselves.

top topics

join