It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do gorgeous women have it easier or harder than the rest of us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: Profusion

Listen, there's a mathematical formula one can use to deduce facial attractiveness. It is down to good genes--of course if you're beautiful inside then it shows outside. But simply, some people are born beautiful. I'm not going into the inner beauty thing because that's not relevant in this discussion at all based on your OP. We are talking physical facial attractiveness here--or at least, I am.

If it were as simple as you're claiming, you couldn't get cases where one especially beautiful child is born into a family where everyone else is ugly (or visa versa) as often as those things happen IMHO. I realize those terms are subjective but consider the following:

19 Unbelievably Stunning Kids From Ugly Celebrity Parents

15 HOT CELEBRITIES WITH UGLY KIDS

If beauty were as simple as what you're claiming, situations such as the above would not be as common as they are IMHO. You can point to 'science' but scientific textbooks are rewritten and revised all the time. If you're claiming that you know the above based on 'scientific fact', you've lost your credibility with me.

originally posted by: rukia
I think it's easy not to be lonely if everyone is shunning you--because as long as you know why they're shunning you, it's not as big of a deal. It hurts, yeah. But it isn't lonely--one would rather be alone than surrounded by enemies and also alone. Now, I could see if the beautiful person doesn't know why people are treating them weird--then I could totally see being lonely. I just assumed all beautiful people knew why people were so nasty to them. But I admit that maybe not all do. Yeah, that's what should be done--a public service announcement to beautiful people: DON'T WORRY. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE DOUCHEBAGS. IT'S OKAY. IT ISN'T YOU--IT'S THEM. THEY'RE JELLY.

lol simple but true. I don't know--if you don't find yourself to be good company, then maybe you'd feel alone. But being alone is pretty fun, just saying
(granted, I am an only child--so the concept of being alone has a somewhat different meaning to me) And it doesn't last forever. You eventually find those friends who love you for you. You just have to hang in there and keep your chin up.

Wow did you make me feel bad...were you calling me a "DOUCHEBAG"?

When I brushed off the woman I mentioned earlier I did it completely unconsciously, alright? Looking back it was like I was possessed and something took control of my mind and forced me to brush her off. I literally don't think I was acting consciously and I may have a chance not to do that in the future but only because I realize now what happened.

I can't say exactly what was going on in my head when I did that but I think it was point #3 from my original post:

3. They're generally stereotyped so completely that people can't see them for who they are.

Was I being a "DOUCHEBAG" if I judged that woman based on the point above when it was not a conscious action to judge her that way?

I would like to plead temporary insanity. But, I think I'm just too jaded. The thing about it is...this woman seems to be PERFECT, she doesn't have a single flaw that I can perceive, physically or otherwise. So, I was definitely acting based on some preconceived idea of what gorgeous women are like but it was totally unconscious in this case.

If I'm not going to make the same mistake again I need to take conscious control of my thoughts and actions. I hope I get another chance like that again. Maybe even with that same woman, who knows.

My only chance is to not allow my subconscious to take over my mind. I had to realize it was happening first.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Also I can agree that the bitchyness from women against a very attractive woman is so obvious.
I see it at work all the time.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

. Men tend to be completely intimidated by them.

And that is how I dated some of the hottest women you've ever seen. I treat them like every other woman. Show respect, start a conversation, don't fawn over them just because of their looks and above all, Don't Be A Douche. The average rich guy, with looks that would be on a magazine cover, is one and will always be looking for that next one who is juuust a little hotter than the last, trying to impress everyone around him.....and the women know that. Many beautiful women want to be pampered and adored, but most just want to be treated equal.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Ask Hedy Lamar. Brilliant woman. Inventor. Also drop dead gorgeous and not taken at all seriously by anyone because of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Well up until the modern era, gorgeous women likely had it FAR worse than any other group of people. Beautiful women were always the ones sacrificed to the gods first. They are the ones most likely to be raped.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

They do if that is what you base your favouritism on which many people do. People are brainwashed by the media to be like this. Look back at how the aesthetics of beauty change through fashions and trends perpetuated by whims of those who have traditionally dictated culture to us via the canon. The canon is not dead. MSM are the canon now.

I noticed this long ago. I decided to make my own version of pretty up. It is nothing like Angelina Jolie or what the canon tells me is attractive.

What the media and their brainwashed flock view as pretty very often end up trying every desperate act to prevent aging (cosmetic surgery, etc). They end up becoming quite shallow and one dimensional in character, having no other strengths than that which bought them the initial meal ticket that age is robbing them of.

They end up marrying men who are tyrants who have gotten rich through their profound greed. They marry these men for money, power, status, fame and soon find out that the greed involves withholding the wallet from them, too. They realise they are a trophy and start drinking alcohol profusely.

What I have just described is a caricature. However, we all know that Hollywood boasts a lot of so called pretty women like this.

I look for the different in people. Sometimes the imperfection is what sets off the rest of the features. Check out the use of beauty spots. It works, artistically, too.

The concept of women beauty over the centuries

"Looking at the portraits of some of the most beautiful women in history and reading about how impressed were men and how popular were, we came pretty hard sometimes to understand why."

Think changing definitions of female beauty in history and culture (no need for quotation marks, from my on brain).

edit on 24-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I treat them much harsher because i feel they get two many hand outs and are often brain dead. I am a man btw

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I treat more attractive women worse. Not on purpose...but subconsciously I overcompensate for my desire to make sure it is clear that you don't get 'special treatment" from me for things like looks.

When i realize it, i try to correct it.

edit on 11/24/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think just point one might have something to it but I will come back to it.
I think the lonelyness and desperate existence is self fullfilling. The majority of beautiful women have an idea what they want out of a partner and that alone dictates whether they will be lonely or not. In answer to your second point, I don't think it's the case of the majority of men are intimidated it's when you are a man and you try to interact with any woman you hit the womans idea of who she wants as a partner. Very, very few beautiful women will lower their standards for a poor or ugly man. The vast majority want a beautifal man, a rich man, a man in a powerful position (and that includes a violent or a criminal man) so they automatically exlude anyone that doesn't drop into her ideal. So when, as a man, you have tried talking to enumerable beautiful women and just been ignored time and time again then point two becomes self fulfilling, not intimidated but just lump them all together and say"it's a waste of time trying as they just knock you back".
Point three, go to answer two. They stereotype themselves and the majority of times do not even give any man the chance to find out her "true feelings".
Point one, other women have a point because they DO have it easier in life, just because a very few beautiful women make wrong choices in life do not make the mistake of saying all beautiful women are put on or abused.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Every dame, chick, broad, babe, deserves a pat on the fanny. No matter if they're gorgeous or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think just point one might have something to it but I will come back to it.
I think the lonelyness and desperate existence is self fullfilling. The majority of beautiful women have an idea what they want out of a partner and that alone dictates whether they will be lonely or not. In answer to your second point, I don't think it's the case of the majority of men are intimidated it's when you are a man and you try to interact with any woman you hit the womans idea of who she wants as a partner. Very, very few beautiful women will lower their standards for a poor or ugly man. The vast majority want a beautifal man, a rich man, a man in a powerful position (and that includes a violent or a criminal man) so they automatically exlude anyone that doesn't drop into her ideal. So when, as a man, you have tried talking to enumerable beautiful women and just been ignored time and time again then point two becomes self fulfilling, not intimidated but just lump them all together and say"it's a waste of time trying as they just knock you back".
Point three, go to answer two. They stereotype themselves and the majority of times do not even give any man the chance to find out her "true feelings".
Point one, other women have a point because they DO have it easier in life, just because a very few beautiful women make wrong choices in life do not make the mistake of saying all beautiful women are put on or abused.

Yes, this, a thousand times, this.

Everyone posting here should be looking up the following:
"red pill"
"blue pill"
"the wall"
"manosphere"
"MGTOW"

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have three very attractive daughters, and while they were

growing up and noticing the advantages they received because of

their looks ....I would pull them back to reality by telling them ...

That whilst they were very lucky to have good looks, and,

because of that doors would be opened to them ... but if they

wanted to stay in the room they had better start developing a

personality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join