It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trophy hunters are killing 70,000 animals ever year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I hear you and agree totally! a reply to: netbound

It will be humans who destroy our word and every other living organism on it.

I'll dogs, cats,birds, fish any day to people, at least you know what your in for.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

Deer, live everywhere. So do lots of animals. Racoon. Skunk. And so on. They are not rare in any sense of the word.

Polar Bear
Lions, Tigers, Bears
Elephant
White Rhino
Grizzly Bear

Any large game animal no longer has the space and resources to survive "in the wild".

They, as they are called back east, hard to come by.

But now we have a list of declared extinct. At least the Western Black Rhino as a living species, is no more.

I am sure their are or will be others.
edit on 24-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2015 by smirkley because: Hate my phone

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
For anyone that wants to Deny Ignorance on this subject:

I suggest you listen to this podcast from RadioLab about a hunter that paid $350,000 to hunt a Black Rhino in Namibia.

It does a good job showing the other side and the importance of trophy hunting in the world.

The Rhino Hunter

I don't necessarily agree with trophy hunting, and I don't ever see myself doing anything like it, but just imagine, those 70,000 animals raised millions upon millions of dollars for wildlife conservation.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
isn't this a tiny fraction of the animals we kill for the noms? how many animals die prematurely for our ammusement in zoos? how many do we extinct just doing the cement, steel gig in this civilization we got over here? like we wanna point the finger instead of plugging the butt spewing foul out.
edit on 24-11-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Very nice, love Radioab

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I have never seen much use in trophy hunting.
THe grandfather always told me,"if it is not attacking or you can't eat it, don't waste your ammo on it."

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

These guys and girls doing this have no moral ground to stand on and should and should be shot themselves or at least rounded up and put into an African reserve with only their clothes on their back and a few water bottles! And the rest of us get to watch via cam on drones!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

plug the butt, your hypocrisy is leaking.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Does that 70,000 include deer too?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So what is the correct number that should be harvested?

fyi all you peeple breeding and repopulating and encroaching into the wildlife home is doing far more damage than taking an animal in a legal scientific manner. My point is that if you want the animals to remain free and thriving then begin to put pressure on the companies that seek to destroy habitats for the creatures. As far as the sharks go there needs to be punishment for the bs. Right now as it stands the desire to hunt is the animals best friend. Stop the poachers.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I will check out that podcast as it looks very informative.

It does a good job showing the other side and the importance of trophy hunting in the world.

The so called importance of killing endangered species in unstable and diminishing ecosystems all over the world is wholly dependent upon the context of the world economic state of the human condition.

Despite the monetary gain for much needed conservation initiative, there is a high degree of hypocrisy through more killing.

Here's the real-world kicker:

All oversight organizations(FDA, EPA, etc.) are automatically suspect for colluding with the criminal, right? And all the silly crackdowns(drug war, woar on terrorism, war on poverty, war on christmas, etc.) have displayed much evidence of criminal collusion by those in power.

Why not similarly for African wildlife conservation organizations?

The last known rhinoceroses in Mozambique have been wiped out by poachers apparently working in cahoots with the game rangers responsible for protecting them, it has emerged.

They say the army and police have been engaged to fight poachers, but soldiers are also poorly paid and are actually poaching." In June, the government said $5m in potential revenue had been lost to poaching since January.Zimbabwe's wildlife threatened by poachers

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

While that number is high (without considering the total amount of animals in the world), it is good to remember that the vast majority of the animals killed by these hunters goes to the local population to be used as food and other things, so it's not like it's exactly a waste of the animals, as this thread appears to imply.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomorangatangarang

I agree with you on the corruption. I remember hearing the other day the guards for some elephants somewhere in Africa were protesting about their low wages and wanted more. Nothing was happening so they killed the elephants they were guarding and sold the ivory themselves.

For the podcast, Namibia will sell tags to kill the older males that can no longer reproduce. They become "problem rhinos." I think the one they were hunting had killed a younger male in competition, and he then raped a young female rhino to death (she was not mature enough to reproduce).

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Your post gave me an eerie feeling and I'll have to share it with you now.

It seems to me that many of our dwindling species that have been so iconic are only on a path to extinction anyway.

Perhaps we can ship them to other continents where they can be looked after by a caring peoples. I wonder if in the US we could set grazing herds near tribal American Indian reservations. Heck, just give them the land just to look after the herd populations. Give them money to plant vast pastures of herbaceous plants.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomorangatangarang

Your post gave me an eerie feeling and I'll have to share it with you now.

It seems to me that many of our dwindling species that have been so iconic are only on a path to extinction anyway.

Perhaps we can ship them to other continents where they can be looked after by a caring peoples. I wonder if in the US we could set grazing herds near tribal American Indian reservations. Heck, just give them the land just to look after the herd populations. Give them money to plant vast pastures of herbaceous plants.

You are likely right in that assessment there are a massive amount of animals going extinct each and every day .....that is because we are destroying the environment polluting water and land,cutting down forests etc.....it is the human races short sightedness and need for gross profit that causes the most damage....

Trophy hunters while are likely not the cause of endangered animals disappearing they are certainly the scum of the earth with no moral compass and in my opinion have inferiority complexes as they need to kill to feel good.... Pretty sad... Actually more like pathetic

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There should be higher enforced laws and consequences for killing endangered animals. Humans are selfish creatures, we are losing animal species at an alarming rate but the masses either don't know about it because the media doesn't cover it, or they just flat out don't care about the species we share our planet with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join