It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most paranormal places

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
what in all of your opinions are the most paranormal places on the world (alien hot spots, haunted houses, general paranormal stuff like stone henge and easter island and anything else)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I pick up more energy in places that have never been heard of before than most the famous ones. And for some reason, certain roads have alot of feel to them.
(I've always wanted to go to the bramuta triangle)

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think it all depends on what vein of "paranormal" you're talking about.

I'm more or less a ghost guy so I'll focus in on that area....

Not really a ranking, but hotspots...

New Orleans
St. Louis
Ghettysburg, Penn (along with several other Civil War battlefields)
London
Rome

Basically hotspots of civilization and sites of great battles or energy.

*EDITED TO ADD*
Just wanted to chime in as well and say that I'm hitting famous ones here. I'm sure there are probably many places, just as charged, if not moreso than those but doesn't maybe have the publicity behind it that these locations do.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by PolluX]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The old brewery down here is active and famous for it. The Lemp family owned it before Bush took over.

You can rent a room for the night if you don't mind being locked in. I have some friends that do this for kicks. Scares the every time. LOL!

Someone made a comment that said it depended on what you defined paranormal as. Good point. I define it as anything dealing with non-physical beings.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are several hot-spots around the world, it only depends on what you are looking for.
Ghosts: plenty to choose from. England, Scotland and Ireland are all great places to go. Most castles, ancient inns and historic sites proudly boast their ghostly denizens. Also, Rome and Turin in Italy are reckoned to be good places. In the US, Gettysburg has a good fame but the two most-haunted battlefields according to old timers are Shiloh and Chickamauga.
Mysterious animals: if you are looking for flesh-and-bones cryptids, the best place is South-East Asia, especially the Laotian highlands. If you are looking for wierd creatures (black dogs, enthities, etc), England and Scotland win again.
Scary places: the world scariest place is reckoned to be the lighthouse on the island of Tennevec, Brittany. It was one of the first lighthouses to be fitted with a fully automatic control system because nobody is willing to stay there overnight. Also, Great Isaac Point on Bimini Island, Bahamas, is reckoned to be a pretty scary place.
Area of general weirdness: Hockomock Swamp, New Jersey, has developed a reputation for inexplicable phenomena (UFOs, ghosts, Bigfoot, etc). Diablo Valley near San Francisco,California, has also a nasty reputation, as well as Devil's Outpost, Labrador, and Le Champ du Diable, Quebec. Allow me a word about the Bermuda Triangle. I have a relative who worked for a time as a commercial pilot in the Bahamas. He said that since the inception of the LORAN and NAVSTAR navigation systems (both now superseded by GPS) there hasn't been a single inexpicable disapperance. He also said that he never had any strange experience whatsoever while flying over the Triangle.

new topics

top topics

join