It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's 'No-Fly List Is Islamophobia' Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Never heard of this guy but then again I don't watch MSNBC. I was curious though and decided to see if any other outlet besides conservative websites were reporting this. Nothing was found. Then I read the PJ article and they themselves say we will not hear about this in the media. Then I wondered where they got this information from. Turns out they are their own source... Do I trust PJ Media?

U.S. and Turkish officials confirmed Long's arrest to PJ Media, saying that he was arrested along with eight others operating along the Turkish-Syrian border. So far, no U.S. media outlet has reported on his arrest.

Long's Facebook page has not been updated for several months. The last entry on his wife's Facebook page was October 23.

I've been searching Turkish English news outlets but nothing...

Why would you expect any non conservative outlets to report something like this, it goes against the narrative.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
One would think if an American vet was arrested on the Turkey-Syria border, we'd hear more about it. Lack of Facebook activity means nothing. There is not enough evidence to implicate this man, let alone MSNBC.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
"Earlier this morning President Barack Obama was arrested by US officials under suspicion of terrorist affiliations and high treason."

There, I just wrote a news article with the exact same level of citation as this one.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
More confirmation for the deniers.

The Daily Caller was able to confirm that Long, his wife, and their daughter were detained in Turkey. A family relative told TheDC that the U.S. embassy in Ankara had confirmed the arrest but did not provide additional details. The relative said that an attorney is working on getting in touch with Long but claims that the Turkish immigration office is currently denying access.

Long’s CAIR representative, Adam Soltani, did not respond to TheDC’s request for comment. A spokesman at the U.S. embassy in Ankara said that he could not offer comment, citing limitations under the Privacy Act. Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is interesting.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that there are an estimated 1.5 - 2 million names on that list. Many of them US Citizens who have done nothing wrong, or simply folks with the same name as someone who is on a legitimate watch list. Right now the No fly list is being pushed as a means to to an end for gun control activists. They know full well that innocent people are on that list and they simply don't care.

The one thing that has pissed me off the most about this so-called "war on terror" is how much of it has been turned inward to erode the rights of innocent, law abiding Americans.

I'm all about killing terrorists. I'm all about stomping Daesh out of existence. But don't tell me I have to be ok with losing my liberty to do it. I won't give it up.

Nicely put, and I agree with you there.

BTW, homeland security among other things is making their airport employees manhandle everyone's privates who would not go through their cancer machines, that includes kids, and women, including the elderly. That is not to combat terrorism in the least.

But i guess some in here would proclaim that manhandling kids, women, and the elderly in their privates is necessary for the fight against "terrorism"...

edit on 24-11-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

My own husband is on the watch list for flights.

He signs with a shortened version of his full name for most things like credit card receipts but uses his full, formal name for important docs like loan agreements and mortgages. So it's called "using an alias." He also works with biologicals and thus has records of having far more and exotic vaccinations.

Those things are enough to put him on the watch list, or at least they did after 9/11. He found that out the first time his company sent him to a seminar after the event.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Gee who would have thought??? A middle eastern muslim might be a terrorist??? Nahh really??? Sometimes it isn't profiling folks, sometimes it's common f##king sense...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Although it does seem to be a staggering twist of karma that the one they chose as their poster boy turns out to also be one who gets arrested as a radical later on ... the very thing they were crying over most on the no-fly list NOT being.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The TSA are a bunch of bungling idjuts anyway, last time I flew they took my travel nail trimmers but allowed me to board the jet wearing MC colors and carrying 2 sets of lock picks...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Is there actually proof yet, though, beyond a vague statement of "officials"?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
msnbc, HA

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I love that Christian Right website. I mean, they're so unbiased and they obviously know that the majority of their readers take things at face value.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Gee who would have thought??? A middle eastern muslim might be a terrorist??? Nahh really??? Sometimes it isn't profiling folks, sometimes it's common f##king sense...

Please, don't be a dick.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

How do you know it wasn't his treatment such as being put on lists like this that radicalized him in the first place?

............how do you know he wasn't radicalized first thus he was put on the list? It's a circuitous argument. No matter what the reason he did something which warranted putting him on the list.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Swills

Will you answer? How many Islamic terrorists are acceptable in your world?

To libs, there are no Islamic terrorists. Obama can't even use both words in the same sentence.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Israelis profile for all their flights leaving Israel. Of course, everyone else gives them a rash of sh#t for doing so. But do you think they really care? They haven't had a hijacked flight in almost fifty years. Their profiling methods are working.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The irony is that the U.S. created ISIS and is still arming them.

I think we should take away some more of our civil liberties to protect us... from them... yeah....

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No fly lists are lists of people who have been neurologically manipulated by the EU, and are considered mentally unstable until when these effects are removed and they are removed from the no-fly list. The EU is the most responsible for these mental issues created by neurological weapons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join