It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's 'No-Fly List Is Islamophobia' Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

A man, who just two years ago was the poster boy for the far-Left media's attacks against the U.S. government's no-fly list for "unfairly" targeting Muslims, finds himself and several family members sitting in a Turkish prison -- arrested earlier this month near the Turkey-Syria border as members of an ISIS cell.

It's a long way from 2013 when Saadiq Long's cause was being championed by MSNBC's Chris Hayes, Glenn Greenwald, and Mother Jones, and was being represented by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) terror front.

MSNBC's 'No-Fly List Is Islamophobia' Poster Boy Arrested in Turkey as Part of ISIS Cell

Looks like his placement on the list was more than justified after all.

His lawyer,MSNBC and CAIR, who pretended he was a victim, are now declining to comment, of course.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Ohh the irony...

Pcg

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

There are more ISIS sleeper agents scattered throughout the US. Arresting him is just a piece of the puzzle.
edit on 23-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeah, one doesn't just end up on a no fly list in, get removed, and then get put back on a no fly list out without good cause. And even if someone did go through such hell, travel to Mexico and fly out...don't you think they'd be a bit more cautious with whom they travelled with?

Anyway, I'm certain someone on ATS would claim it was the embarrassment and abuse of power, discrimination against him and entire family that drove them to an ISIS cell, but only after their mistreatment. So basically, Homeland Defense is responsible for ISIS.

Trust me, someone is thinking about typing that now. However, now that I've typed it, and it reads ludicrous, they won't!

Right?!

Right!

edit on 23-11-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Never heard of this guy but then again I don't watch MSNBC. I was curious though and decided to see if any other outlet besides conservative websites were reporting this. Nothing was found. Then I read the PJ article and they themselves say we will not hear about this in the media. Then I wondered where they got this information from. Turns out they are their own source... Do I trust PJ Media?

U.S. and Turkish officials confirmed Long's arrest to PJ Media, saying that he was arrested along with eight others operating along the Turkish-Syrian border. So far, no U.S. media outlet has reported on his arrest.

Long's Facebook page has not been updated for several months. The last entry on his wife's Facebook page was October 23.

I've been searching Turkish English news outlets but nothing...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
MSNBC.
Huh...they're usually so well informed.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is interesting.

HOWEVER, it should be noted that there are an estimated 1.5 - 2 million names on that list. Many of them US Citizens who have done nothing wrong, or simply folks with the same name as someone who is on a legitimate watch list. Right now the No fly list is being pushed as a means to to an end for gun control activists. They know full well that innocent people are on that list and they simply don't care.

The one thing that has pissed me off the most about this so-called "war on terror" is how much of it has been turned inward to erode the rights of innocent, law abiding Americans.

I'm all about killing terrorists. I'm all about stomping Daesh out of existence. But don't tell me I have to be ok with losing my liberty to do it. I won't give it up.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
During his interview Long stated that he converted to islam after recieving islamic literature while stationed at a USAF Base in Turkey.

Meanwhile a Christian group passing out free bibles was kicked off a USAF base here in America a couple years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What does that have to do with anything? The Gideon's are still allowed to leave their literature on base for all to take they're just not allowed to be on base preaching about it. It's not far fetched that religious people aren't allowed on military installations preaching the good word, well, unless they're Chaplains. That goes double for a post 9/11 America.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How do you know it wasn't his treatment such as being put on lists like this that radicalized him in the first place?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
"They are their own source"

Why lie?

The article plainly cites officials.

U.S. and Turkish officials confirmed Long's arrest to PJ Media, saying that he was arrested along with eight others operating along the Turkish-Syrian border

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

How do you know it wasn't his treatment such as being put on lists like this that radicalized him in the first place?

What a dumb thing to say..

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Why lie? Seriously? Why does anyone lie?

They cite officials? They say US and Turkish officials and leave it at that. Should I call up PJ and ask for the names of the officials so I can verify this story?

This, I guess, was a pretty big story that went international so how come I can't find any international stories about it, especially from Turkey? Sure, this all could be true but still would like to see some evidence besides the word of PJ and their "officials".
edit on 23-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Swills, I like you brother I really do..

But seriously who gives a flying # who is being divisive both conservatives and liberals do it and it's so silly. If there is somebody refusing to label some one a terrorists because they are Muslim whether they be liberal or republican they are wrong period end of story! Do you want know what the meat and bones of this whole quagmire is; the proverbial brass tax? It's in the form of a question, and the answer is what divides us, now remember answering a question with a question is a poor argument. how many Islamic terrorist are acceptable in your world? if the answer is more than 0 you seriously need to evaluate your way of thinking, be it republican or democrat or whatever ridiculous affiliation you hold true to.
edit on 23-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: spelling errors

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Priceless.

We are all spoon-fed the official narrative from these 'news' organizations and this just goes to show how often that narrative is false. Also, I have noticed that anytime CAIR is involved there is usually an agenda that goes beyond simple discrimination. They often seem to be actively protecting terrorist funding and recruiting. I don't believe ANYTHING they are involved in as truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Oh believe me, I don't belong to either camp but with the on going events in Middle East and terrorism anything coming from the conservative camp regarding Muslims is always suspect, and being that no other outlet is carrying this story, even Turkish outlets, I'm very suspect. Call it, innocent until proven guilty. I'm interested in the facts, man.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Asking for additional evidence is prudent. Asking for additional evidence of both Liberal and Conservative narratives is exceptional. Please be exceptional my friend.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Asking will get us no where. Looking has turned up nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Will you answer? How many Islamic terrorists are acceptable in your world?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

You seriously need an answer as if it isn't obvious enough. I assumed that question was rhetorical.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join