It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazardous Waste Site Map - umm, Nevada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Only site shown in Nevada is "Carson City Mercury Site".
Apparently the rest of Nevada is spic-n-span. I guess years of nuclear testing are considered an exception.
How many pits full of cyanide are scattered around Nevada?

Gold Heap Leaching Nevada

Toxic Sites
edit on 23-11-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

Lol, and never mind the burning and exploding radioactive waste site there, too.
Edit: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-11-2015 by intrptr because: link to thread

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well Obvi. they won't include all those numbers - then the whole damn state would probably be off limits Lol the thieves in Vegas probably bought their way past regulation to remain

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've spent some time in the Nevada/Utah border area. It may be nothing, but it did seem like I saw more people with physical deformities than I was accustomed to.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Wyoming seems safe. Plus no state income tax.

Glad I moved west of the Mississippi a decade ago. The whole east side seems toxic.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We got our gold...we'll be leaving now...no need to clean up.
Reveille cyanide pit

BTW, not everyone can smell cyanide. It is a genetic thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS
Only site shown in Nevada is "Carson City Mercury Site".
Apparently the rest of Nevada is spic-n-span. I guess years of nuclear testing are considered an exception.
How many pits full of cyanide are scattered around Nevada?

Gold Heap Leaching Nevada

Toxic Sites

As a small leach plant operator i will say you have no idea what you are talking about.

I had to add about 60 pounds of cyanide to the tanks every shift just to replace the cyanide that was degrading to non toxic chemicals (carbon and nitrogen) and no longer able to leach gold.
At heap leach projects all the cyanide is gone within 2 years after operations end,
At vat leach projects we used bleach to kill all cyanide before the water is discharged.
edit on 25-11-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
At heap leach projects all the cyanide is gone within 2 years after operations end

Thanks for clearing that up. I won't get poisoned if I stay away for 2 years.
Of course those tailing are gonna have more nasty things than cyanide in them.
edit on 25-11-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
www.lasvegasnow.com...

The link goes to a follow up on the US Ecology nuclear "incident." I like the part about the drums that were blown beyond the border of the site being returned to the "crater" for reburial. Sounds like a safe plan to me! /s

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
www.lasvegasnow.com...

The link goes to a follow up on the US Ecology nuclear "incident." I like the part about the drums that were blown beyond the border of the site being returned to the "crater" for reburial. Sounds like a safe plan to me! /s

I don't understand why this crap isn't at the NTS, considering the proximity. They certainly have the facilities to deal with it. And seems a better location than close to a populated area.
edit on 28-11-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I believe the US Ecology nuclear site is shut down, so somebody would have to pay to move the material. Then there is the problem of what exactly is this crap? So you need skilled technicians. Maybe nuclear facilities don't qualify as Superfund sites. And why we are at it, just what exactly explodes when it comes in contact with water?
youtu.be...

When you tour the NTS, the low level waste faculty is on the schedule. Knowing nothing about a high tech dump, it looks professional to me. The have a staging area where they examine the paperwork and determine what exactly is in the drums. Everything is buried in a grid system, supposedly if they want to retrieve material. All vehicles are examined externally to see if there is detectable radiation.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

And why we are at it, just what exactly explodes when it comes in contact with water?
youtu.be...

Caesium in water:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Note to self: grow mad scientist hair.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Initial testing revealed the presence of sodium confirming it was interred in this site decades ago.

www.news3lv.com...

And the winner is sodium.

top topics

join