It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Female meteorologists all wear the same $23 dress

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:13 AM
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Star Trek want their props back...

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:21 AM
All I could think was, Love the dress! Where can I get one?"
Maybe I'm being mind controlled, or maybe it just is a really great figure-flattering design....

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:34 AM

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
So before you read below, I saw this article and it got me thinking? Is there something in it? The more I looked at the dress the more I recognised it! I Live in Australia and I see this dress on weather presenters over here too? Not as often as in America apparently?

It might just be me or is there a message to be taken from this...i.e. when this dress is worn something happens?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no wacko but the girls I have seen over my life would never ever wear something another girl would wear. Let alone on TV? Now, unless they all know each other (Highly doubtful considering I've seen this dress in Aus too?)

Well, you might be onto something....

More likely, it's 2015 and people are a lot dumber and groupthink is actually fashionable now. So it doesn't matter how stupid it looks or how mindless it is. If everyone is doing it, everyone else will. It's tempting to look for more complexity but it doesn't necessarily have to be. All you have to do is look and see how many morons will post the same vapid meme instead of actually thinking and typing something they thought of themselves.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:55 AM
I also think it has to do with the colors they can and can't wear due to the green screen. It's probably a suggested dress pattern.

The meteorologist here almost always wears red as of late, sometimes blue, but a lot of reddish colors.

edit on 24-11-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:59 AM

I can see why. The black stripes down the side have a considerable slimming effect, and in an industry where any pretty, smiling face can fill your shoes (heels?) I can understand why a dress like this would be popular.

The solid colors probably also help with the green screen.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:52 AM

Your clue: $23.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM

I just had a thought, what if, like nurses, there is a catalog of clothing for female news reports / meteorologists ?? You know, some company specializing in such things.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:19 AM
how many meteros out there, not in that picture? shape the information to push an agenda, works on fools! easiest explanation, dress code sucks, easy buy, cheap no hassles. done deal.
edit on 24-11-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
a reply to: ringdingdong

Got it, thanks.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
What I really need to know is where can I buy this cheap basic crap? I need clothes for work and I'm tired of dropping bills on clothes i'll ONLY wear to work.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
Lol, well, the cheaper the dress, the better...

edit on 24/11/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:59 PM
a reply to: kloejen

Damnnnnn.....she's super caliente!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:53 AM

$23 dollars, really????

I find it more than just a little bit casually amusing that the dress costs "TWENTY THREE" (23) dollars!!

Did you just grasp that number, or was there an actual source for the price?

A post about all weather girls curiously circling back to the same place, a dress, which just happens to cost $23 dollars. Interesting.

You know, the number "23" has been the subject of numerous theories/conspiracies in the past. One example of some of the coincidences can be found...

Here is just part of the list...

1: 23 is one of the most commonly cited prime numbers - a number that can only be divided by itself and one. Twenty three is the lowest prime that consists of consecutive digits. Primes have been described as the "atoms" of mathematics - the building blocks of the world of numbers. An American businessman has put up a US$1m (£500,000) prize for the first mathematician to find a pattern in primes - a problem known as the Riemann hypothesis.

2: The number has been the subject of not one but two films: the 1998 German movie, 23, and The Number 23, starring Jim Carrey, released (naturally) today. Each has a main character obsessed with the number.

3: John Forbes Nash, the Nobel Prize-winning economist who was the subject of the film, A Beautiful Mind, starring Russell Crowe, was obsessed with 23. It featured prominently in his battle with mental illness. His breakdown began when he claimed that a photograph of Pope John XXIII on the cover of Life magazine was in fact him, the proof being that 23 was his favourite number. Nash published 23 scientific articles.

4: More freaky numerical coincidences: Charles Darwin's Origin of Species was published in 1859 - 1+8+5+9 = 23. Two divided by three makes 0.666 recurring (allegedly - actually it makes 0.6666666667). The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am - 8+15= 23.

5: 23rdians are a group of people who subscribe to the mystical power of 23 and see it in multiple combinations throughout daily life.

6: The Ancient Chinese believed numbers conveyed sexuality - evens for feminine and odds for masculine. They considered prime numbers to be the most masculine, conferring special status on 23 which is made up of two consecutive prime numbers and the only even prime number - two.

Here is an ATS post about it

And here is a video (one of many) about the subject...

Curious, isn't it? (or did you already know that?)

edit on 11/25/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but what's the chances this is confirmation bias at work?
We already have a relatively small phase space to work with, colour/cut-wise, and we know it's cheap but 'decent'...
Now think about how many stations are screening the weather, seven days a week, across the globe...
something's bound to come up multiple times, right? I'm sure we'd find other dresses cropping up more frequently as well, if we were so inclined as to actually collect and analyse all that data.
Sounds like an absolutely mind-numbing task so i'll leave that to someone else. I'm too busy trying to hold back my inner cat-fight because i know there's no accounting for taste and each to their own but DAmNNnn girl i would not be caught DEAD in that thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:03 PM
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hi, no I didn't know that at all? Well, some of it but it didn't click. Thank you very much for pointing out!?

Oh and since when has a dress you would wear on television ever cost $23????????? ALL of my past girlfriends and my now wife would never wear a $23 dress if they were to appear on tv?

Something to this for sure.

$23 Pfffft.

Nice point out Flyingclaydisk, good spot

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:04 PM
a reply to: continuousThunder

DAmNNnn girl i would not be caught DEAD in that thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:34 PM

originally posted by: FamCore

Have any of you heard that audio clip of literally like 30+ news anchors stating the same exact lines in their reporting? It must be like franchising for chain restaurants or similar business entities- a corporate master dictates what and how things happen

That's not because the news is scripted but rather because there's not an independent journalist at each news organization. Most companies that report the news do just that, they don't have a huge staff to go out and find the stories, and when they do the people giving the stories don't have the time to answer the same question 50 different times to 50 different people. Most major stories come from wire services like the AP. They do the interviews and get the stories then they write up the story/transcript and send it to the reporters.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM

originally posted by: Metallicus

The 'news', be it local or national, is simply a 30 minute daily dose of indoctrination. Everything is scripted, everything is controlled. There is no actual 'news'.
I am in total agreement.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
This isn't too surprising. Many industries have a standard outfit and you will often see people wearing nearly the same exact outfit as others. Chances are, this dress became a highly recommended standard in that industry for it's great looks, great price, and the fact that it meets all dress codes.

Men everywhere have been wearing the same colored pants, shirt, tie, and jacket for decades to work.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
Now if we could just figure out how to get women to like men as much as they like ugly dresses.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>