It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Decrease America's Woes; Homelessness, Suicide, Rape, Drug Use, Incarceration. -FATHERS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Who needs a father when you have the state?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
What do you expect when society tells young people that you're nothing unless you make millions of dollars? They know that there's no possible way to compete in a world where 10 percent of the people have 85% of the money.

And I think a lot of your stats are bogus. A lot of rapes happen in college and there's no way that 80% of them are fatherless.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chron 7:14

Most Christians in this country seem to have lost their salt. Either perpetual backsliders comfortable in our sin or perpetual babes in Christ; unwilling to study that they may show themselves approved unto God.

The number of unbelievers constantly growing because we refuse the great commission.

Too many Christians fooled into believing tribulations and wrath are the same and we shall see neither. Led astray with the sweet words of the prosperity preacher and pre-trib false teacher.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked. Revelation 3:17

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What do you mean when you say "science is doing away with this..."...? Like that's a good thing? To destroy a natural family unit? And are you referring to science or theories of people that study science? Your dry presumptuous remark was very loose ended. a reply to: nullafides

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Just a few of my thoughts on two parent households....

1) On the second day after my wife and our son came home from hospital after he was born, I immediately found a new level of respect (and, yes, I admit, some pity) for single mothers. (I know I should say single "parent" instead of mother, but that was my thought at the time). Although it is always a huge energy consumer, taking care of a child for that first year is beyond exhausting. I couldn't imagine having to do that alone. I would also point out that being physically exhausted all the time easily leads to being mentally exhausted along with a whole host of other, albeit temporary, emotional stresses.

2) Of course this depends on a few factors... but... in a two parent household there is a greater chance that the child will almost always find him/herself being cared for by a parent. We are lucky in that my wife is in the medical field so she found a job at a local hospital on the night shift. Now he is in Pre-K full time, but before that or over the summers he has Mommy during the day and at night he has Daddy caring for him. I'm sure people can find all sorts of "studies" about this, but I can't help but think that, especially for the first year or two, a child being cared for by parents rather than by relative strangers at a daycare is for the best.

3) Play: I'm using playtime as an example but this affects other areas as well. In a two parent household the child is raised by people sharing the same goal (a well educated, socially responsible person). By having two parents, the same lessons can be reinforced from two different perspectives. Bringing it back to playtime: My wife and I have two totally different "styles" of play. My wife has more of a "slap-stick" approach (making cars go BOOM! or stuffed animals bouncing around). I tend to play in a more "serious" way (for lack of a better word). We take his toy animals, put them around the house, then have the Octonauts rescue them one by one. My point is, with two parents there are two perspectives, which I believe to be beneficial.

4) Predators: It's disgusting to even think about this, but I think it's important. From what I understand (and from what common sense seems to tell me) is that predators go for the easiest targets. Part of what makes an easy target, is a kid that is from a broken home or has less of a family structure. I suspect that having two parents having their presence known at school or soccer practice or wherever, gives a potential perv reason to pause and not go after that child. It's horrible that I even have to write this, but it is true. I'm want to clearly say that I don't think single parents "make it easy" for predators, but by default they have less time (working, caring for the child, maintaining the house). Plus, just in numbers, two is more than one. (Yes, I know that sometimes kids from traditional households get abused too, sometimes from their own family, but I'm speaking to the topic at hand: single-vs-dual-parents).

5) To the point about fathers in general. It seems to me that a child, generally speaking, is well served to be raised by a mother and a father. Let me be clear, I am not saying that two parents of the same sex can't raise a well developed kid. I'm simply saying that I believe that kids learn a tremendous amount in those first few years. In a sense, mommy is (and hopefully acts like) a role model for how a woman should be and daddy is (and hopefully acts like) a role model for how a man should be.

Sorry for rambling....

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
First off as a single father I would like to point out a few things. The fact that it all says fatherless homes is correct but that is because how the court systems are set up unless the mother is a drug addict or in jail a father will never get full custody. Period. Secondly in most cases the children get used as leverage against one another because obviously the relationship with the mother and father is not good and therefore arguing usually happens. So not you have an innocent child in the middle of two people's indifferences which is not good for anyone. It also boils down to how both parents raise their child. I see my daughter atleast 4 times a week. I take her to dance class every Saturday and I'm there for anything she needs and me and her mother communicate very well with one another and she is a very happy little girl. Not every home that dosent have 2 parents makes it worse for the child. It's all about how those parents can adapt to make their child's live as best a possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join