It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US issues global travel alert due to 'increased terrorist threats'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

The United States issued a worldwide travel alert on Monday warning American citizens of "increased terrorist threats" in the wake of the Paris attacks.

"Current information suggests that ISIL (aka Daesh), Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions," said the State Department advisory, which cited recent attacks in Denmark, France, Mali, Nigeria and Turkey.

"US citizens should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation," it said, advising Americans to avoid large crowds or crowded places and to "exercise particular caution during the holiday season."

Read more at www.9news.com.au...

US issues global travel alert due to 'increased terrorist threats'

Slightly obvious seeing as what is going on in the world. But I guess all advisories help in today's world. What is particularly interesting is that this is a Global advisory. Not just singled out one or two countries.

Interesting times ahead.

Either way you look at this. It's not good times that's for sure.
edit on 23-11-2015 by CaptainBeno because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

They dont have to issue a travel alert to tell me not to leave the country..

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Nice reply, but, maybe this includes your country also? I hope not.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well if anyone needs to be told this, where have they been this last couple of weeks?

It's worrying times, especially here in Europe.

The Government here in the U.K and the MSM are now advising us that unless they win a vote to commence bombings in Syria, it will be a coup for Daesh. When the MSM are pushing the agenda in line with Government rhetoric, you know it's propaganda at its finest. People claim RT is bias and of course it is, but there isn't any difference from the West's MSM.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Is ANYONE really safe ANYWHERE? Anymore?

My daughter wants to go to Ireland when she graduates and although it is a ways off, I dread the time. She is young and doesn't have the predispositioned fear or wariness that her Mom has. When I have mentioned the state of the world to her she just shrugs it off and says Mom, look at what's going on HERE. I am going to be in just as much danger at University here in the US with these "crazies" shooting people up.
Oh to be young again!
I have friends and family all over the globe and have certainly sat on edge with different news outlets reporting different things at times until I heard from them via call, text, or email.
Friends and family who travel frequently for work or pleasure have not slowed down any of those trips.
The director of the company that I work for just returned from the Middle East a few weeks ago.

These alerts will serve, I hope, to remind everyone to be on guard. To pay more attention to their surroundings, here or abroad.

Interesting times indeed, scary AND interesting...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Yeah, you're probably right to worry to be honest. It's a time away and we should see what plays out over the coming day and months. BUT I think in all honesty, Ireland is not a bad choice. I'd say safer than most places. Obviously can't put money on it but I'd say so no problem.

Agreed though, things don't look good when a global warning is placed???

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm just thrilled to be flying tomorrow.....sigh

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I wish the media given this warning. Everyone is already on edge since the Paris attacks. With the holidays coming up so soon, everyone's minds are already made up if they'll be traveling or not. These reports just increase anxiety. That fear alone becomes an indirect attack in itself. A successful attack to the terrorist.
(OP, not placing any blame on you for posting. Just the media.
)

top topics

join