It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Goo story linked from chat a while back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A while back, a link was shared in the chat room to an interactive story which I believe was called Grey Goo or Grey Goof. A topic came up in conversation and I attempted to find the story for a friend, but google hasn't turned up anything besides what the idea of grey goo is and pages pertaining to a game which came out earlier this year.

I don't remember much about the story, I think it started as a chat log for an online game, and slowly twisted into a strange tale about a.i. gaining self awareness and even feeling emotions (love in particular).

If anyone has any info or links to this story I would be forever grateful. My searches from my cell phone have been slow going and haven't turned up the slightest clue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

I remember hearing of grey goo. I thought it was a sci-fi writer's story of nanobots that had AI and dissolved everything into a grey goo.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Here you go: Wikipedia: Gray goo
And a...
video game
edit on b000000302015-11-23T19:22:34-06:0007America/ChicagoMon, 23 Nov 2015 19:22:34 -0600700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Was it on Reddit?

www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My apologies to all who posted links, unfortunately it looks like you guys found the same info I was seeing.

Then I decided to wade through the hundreds of thousands of bookmarks I've collected over the last few years...I actually found the page, turns out it was called "Grey Goof" and it was referred to as 'an open source love story'. I'll include the links, I've been insanely busy so I haven't had the time to do a proper search with the new info. If I find anything more I will certainly post it here. Likewise if any one finds anything new with these links, please let me know. I haven't been bothered by something like this in quite a while...

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

As far as I can tell, these are the only bookmarks I saved for this story. I have found a few mentions of the concept through some short Google searches, but the leads I've had time to chase have each led to dead ends.

new topics

top topics

join