It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Gave Isis 45 Minute Warning Before Bombing Oil Tankers.....Thanks, Obama!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Let's not forget also, many of the fighters were originally 'the rebels" fighting Assad. They are not ISIL, but might be allying with them for the duration of this war. You know, as long as they live.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: Ngatikiwi

a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Its never stopped OBAMA for being concerned about the collateral from so called "Surgical Drone Strikes" before, so whats changed?

WHat has changes?

The thing that has changes is plain and simple: American interests have changed. The US always do what is in the best interests of The United States Of America. Many americans dont actually know what that phrase means. They think its about them. They think their government is doing all this for them.

I agree, the question was rhetorical..and for "them'.

Or is it about PR or Obama's peace medal that he glanced at at breakfast, and the guilt he felt for a split second thinking he might have to do something about earning it..

Obama is true to what ever path the US have set.... Obama dont care about Public opinion at all...he dosent have to.

Reason: He is not going to be elected again.

What is important is that Obama does what is needed of him until he is replaced by someone who will take over where he left of.

That sounds like a bad fairy tale. One even the Grimm Bro's wouldn't tell. Think about it.... Bush to Obama to whomever they have already picked. I believe that's Hillary. She needs little indoctrination. The Muffin Man doesn't seem so scary now, does he?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Its never stopped OBAMA for being concerned about the collateral from so called "Surgical Drone Strikes" before, so whats changed?

WHat has changes?

The thing that has changes is plain and simple: American interests have changed. The US always do what is in the best interests of The United States Of America. Many americans dont actually know what that phrase means. They think its about them. They think their government is doing all this for them.

Or is it about PR or Obama's peace medal that he glanced at at breakfast, and the guilt he felt for a split second thinking he might have to do something about earning it..

Obama is true to what ever path the US have set.... Obama dont care about Public opinion at all...he dosent have to.

What is important is that Obama does what is needed of him until he is replaced by someone who will take over where he left of.

That sounds like a bad fairy tale. One even the Grimm Bro's wouldn't tell. Think about it.... Bush to Obama to whomever they have already picked. I believe that's Hillary. She needs little indoctrination. The Muffin Man doesn't seem so scary now, does he?

I dont think Hillary needs to be indoctrinated. She has already proven her loyalty to her superiors when she served as the United States Senator.

But i bet the american Public throught the media will be groomed to like her. We tend to forget the past when we are distracted by New sensations and breaking News.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Because the messengers have a history of BS. Well, I can't speak too badly of the 3rd source because I'm not terribly familiar with it, just it's political leaning, but the other two...

Jones is Jones. Sometimes he has some good stuff but even then it's contaminated. Mostly, he's full of it but I get it because he's running a daily program that's what, four or five hours long? You're gonna need a lot of filler to fill that time table.

The Gateway Pundit can go to hell.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

WHat has changes?

I agree. Was bein a little facetious. Hes just the current puppet on a string, till the next one. Same as most western countries including my own. But they make such tempting targets, that I have to remind myself to focus on the true enemy from time to time. TPTB

I feel this is not about saving innocent truck drivers lives, cause its never concerned them before,but is more of a multi-faceted tactic. This one feels like propaganda, I mean PR, to be used in some future "see, we dont kill innocents" PR scenario.

Also I cant help but think that these are not just innocent truck drivers but are part of the terrorist orgs including foreign drivers, that the West supports by proxy, so they can fight/drive another day in some new trucks that the west or its allies (Saudi, Turkey?) supply in the future.

I just can not believe a word a politician says anymore..double speak and all that.

Hell I wouldnt be surprised to see in a future vid Kenworths getting bombed. But that would be a bit too obvious..

TPTB are a little more devious than that.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sounds like standard rules of engagement to me.

Unless we're at war with an entire country, this maneuver is standard issue to give any civilians in the area enough time to get out of harm's way.

We are not at war with an entire country here folks.

I'm quite surprised at how many people in this thread aren't aware of this common practice.

And as for Alex Jones with his faux indignation for the sake of riling up his readers...?

Pathetic.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Emigrate to Russia then since you love you some Putin pudding so much.
Get out of MY Country!
So sick & &%&^* tired of all the reichwing whiners expressing their love for a sworn enemy of the Nation.

Oh as far as the rest of that BS you posted all they did was drop leaflets, SOP when you plan on bombing noncombatants.
Look at the bombing footage, nothing but tank trucks no Mil vehicles.
Those truck drivers were more than likely just average joes who were probably told drive or die & not "ISIS".
Hell even the Israelis have the decency to do the same before they take out apartment blocks in Palestine.
K~

Great post, too bad it will fall on the deaf ears of the fools who most need to understand the truth.

You can rest assured none of the dolts who think this is a bad idea have ever served a day in the military. Just a bunch of cowards who think they know better, even though they know nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: spy66

Because the messengers have a history of BS. Well, I can't speak too badly of the 3rd source because I'm not terribly familiar with it, just it's political leaning, but the other two...

Jones is Jones. Sometimes he has some good stuff but even then it's contaminated. Mostly, he's full of it but I get it because he's running a daily program that's what, four or five hours long? You're gonna need a lot of filler to fill that time table.

The Gateway Pundit can go to hell.

Yes, i know who he is... i hardly pay much attention to his coments, because he oftem adds to what the Source is saying.

The topic of his News is the Clue not what he adds to them With personal opinions. I would rather find the Source and make up my own mind.

If not you would end up as you say. sitting for hours filtering him out.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Our method of fighting an ideology appears to suck.

How would you recommend defeating ISIS?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Thanks.
"deaf ears"
More like deaf, dumb & blind but like they say "you can't fix stupid".

What I have yet to see is anyone actually wonder or question just who it is in Iraq that is buying "ISIL oil".
But then that would entail actually considering the larger strategic theater & thinking vs just hyperventilating over some partisan pig poop you stumbled across on the net.
K~

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I know this isn't directed at me but can I ask, does killing more people because they are Arab work?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

These truck drivers and the peopel working at these oil refineries have been safe until Putin brought this up just a while ago. I am not sure if he repeated the same issue at the UN Meeting last week.

The US and UK have been flying drones....the US have also been flying jet sorties over the North east of Syria and along the Syrian/Iraq boarder for a year now. And never spotted any of these 500 trucks or any of the oil refinerys ??? It is unbelievable..

The UK have had the SAS inflitrate ISIS to the Northern part of Syria.... And nothing at all about these oil trucks or refineries from them???

US SF have been flying their own drones over the Iraqi boarder into Syria, and have seen nothing??

But they can find one or two terroris anywhere else in the world within 48 hours???

We are talking about the US here....who claim to have the best intelligence reasources know to man (This is supported by many here on ATS) and they cant find ISIS anywhere in the Northern part of Syria???

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I know this isn't directed at me but can I ask, does killing more people because they are Arab work?

Dunno. Are those Arabs, ISIS?

They want to kill us. We can just stop killing them, but would that stop them from continuing to kill us? We could surrender. Give up. Convert.

Maybe that would stop them from killing us.

What is your suggestion to have them stop killing us?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

They want to kill us. We can just stop killing them, but would that stop them from continuing to kill us? We could surrender. Give up. Convert.

Who has ISIS killed that affects your life?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If I had the answer to that, I'd be sitting on the throne tossing around commands to my minions.

To fight guerrilla warfare, one must think like a guerrilla.

The entire point is to outwit the enemy. That does not include dropping oneself to the lowest common denominator alongside the swines your fighting in order to beat them.

So again I say:
We are not at war with an entire country, therefore the standard rules of engagement must be applied.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

To fight guerrilla warfare, one must think like a guerrilla.

Exactly. We have to sink to their level. We have to out terror, the terrorists. We have to be worse than them. We have to not just beat them, but also scare them. They have to become afraid of us.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

No one.

Yet.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No one.

Exactly.

Yet.

That's a scary mindset.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

ETA: In addition, you act as if us dropping warning leaflets is something new.

Forced laborers worked at all kind of factories under Nazi rule, and the bombers took them along with the factories.

Any warning would have defeated the element of surprise.

What do the leaflets say dropped on the V2 Missile factory, This is for the prisoners only… runaway!

Any warning helps the enemy, period.

Edit: In addition, at times during the Vietnam war, North Vietnam was declared off limits to American bombers, only interdicting the Ho Chi Minh supply line in the south. Obviously, to extend the war, to make more money from arms.

You're going to sit there and tell me that these ISIS oil trucks survived the thousands of US airstrikes since early 2014, operating with impunity, regardless if they were parked lined up in the open desert or what hiway road they were driving on to get to market?

edit on 23-11-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Exactly. We have to sink to their level. We have to out terror, the terrorists. We have to be worse than them. We have to not just beat them, but also scare them. They have to become afraid of us.

So in your mind the only way to out terror the terrorists is to sink to their level and slaughter the civilians in the area that we're not at war with ?

Yessiree, it sure is a good thing not just any layman joe schmuck can become the leader of the free world...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join