It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Gave Isis 45 Minute Warning Before Bombing Oil Tankers.....Thanks, Obama!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Well, if WWIII busts loose, we're not going to win it without Russia
a reply to: LSU0408

WWIII? What are talking about? There are only two countries on this planet that have even the remotest chance of going to War, real war against us.
That's China & Russia, well Russia, China aint got the legs yet to get across the Pacific short of ICBMs.
So just who are we going to be fighting a "World War" against that we need Russia to win.
& if you say Mooslem terra ists, just don't.

K~

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oh, ISIS supporters.

Or civilians forced to work.

Regardless, in most people's books an unarmed person is not a combatant. No evidence either way, but a tanker is not a military asset per se, even if it is transporting fuel that supports ISIS. The end goal is to prevent the fuel going from A to B and not killing the poor sods who have been possibly forced to drive the tankers, but are not combatants.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Dragging us back to the OP.

This is a rule of engagement and we should be thankful that this type of thing happens. It is likely the drivers of these tankers were civilians, possibly forced to work.

Probably forced to work..... great argument.

Are you telling me that the US would not have bombed People who aid terrorists in any way? Is that the New doctrin the US fight against terror now? That was not the case before.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Eww, those sources.

Alex Jones, need I say more?

The Gateway Pundit, a hardcore conservative blogger who constantly lies to distort any truth in support of his hardcore crazy right wing views.

Western Journalism, another conservative site.

Got any unbiased sources? Guess I'm gonna have to find them myself huh?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If your destroying infrastructure no point in causing civilian casualties, Warnings were sent in Iraq as well. The other thing is they try to target the facilities when the least amount of people are there. What I truly find funny is if they had went in without warning these same people would be screaming about how is bombing is causing civilian casualtues.

US has always done what it can to limit the effects of war on civilian populations. While other countries that entered syria do not care and has even gone to using cluster munitions to maximize the death toll. Yet several here are ready to cheer on the Russian air strikes. All Russia is doing is turning more people to isis as they will be seen as protectors against a brutal air campaign. Russias involvement in syria will cost them a lot in the long run as the war in the caucusses break out do to their treatment of syrians.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So what?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Well, if WWIII busts loose, we're not going to win it without Russia
a reply to: LSU0408

WWIII? What are talking about? There are only two countries on this planet that have even the remotest chance of going to War, real war against us.
That's China & Russia, well Russia, China aint got the legs yet to get across the Pacific short of ICBMs.
So just who are we going to be fighting a "World War" against that we need Russia to win.
& if you say Mooslem terra ists, just don't.

K~

A war between Russia and the US dont have to take Place on US soil.

Neither does ww3.

ww1 and 2 didnt not take Place on US soil.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
America did not create ISIS/ISIL/islamic state.

The quran created ISIS.

Obama, Clinton, Kerry, etc. fed, nurtured and sheltered it.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Are you telling me that the US would not have bombed People who aid terrorists in any way?

Er, yes. I know it's difficult to take in but even the US have rules of engagement. If they are not armed then they are not combatants. And yes, is there any reason to suppose these people are not forced to work, or are even ISIS supporters?

I think leaflets are often used in conflict to get people to move out. Nowadays with spy drones they could probably see if the people running for the hills were armed and if so, they would be dead anyway!
edit on 23/11/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: paxnatus

Eww, those sources.

Alex Jones, need I say more?

The Gateway Pundit, a hardcore conservative blogger who constantly lies to distort any truth in support of his hardcore crazy right wing views.

Western Journalism, another conservative site.

Got any unbiased sources? Guess I'm gonna have to find them myself huh?

You blame the messanger but not the content of Message. How can that be better?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Work for the true Syrians, hell join the Syrian army, as a I dont know a tanker driver maybe. Not having a job is no excuse/reason to join the enemy. There's a name for that.

But if your family was killed by Assad, maybe ISIS starts to look like the good guys. This is not a simple question of good guys versus bad guys, it's various flavors of bad guys struggling for control.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: spy66
Are you telling me that the US would not have bombed People who aid terrorists in any way?

Er, yes. I know it's difficult to take in but even the US have rules of engagement. If they are not armed then they are not combatants. And yes, is there any reason to suppose these people are not forced to work, or are even ISIS supporters?

I think leaflets are often used in conflict to get people to move out. Nowadays with spy drones they could probably see if the people running for the hills were armed and if so, they would be dead anyway!

So the US dont attack People who are not armed.....?

Did that come into effect after the war in Iraq, Afgahnistan, the attacks in Pakistan, Egypt, "Africa", Libya?

The US have been using leaflests since 2013 in Syria. The once meant for ISis were coded With 6001, 5004 that i know of.
I have no idea what the numbers mean.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Work for the true Syrians, hell join the Syrian army, as a I dont know a tanker driver maybe. Not having a job is no excuse/reason to join the enemy. There's a name for that.

But if your family was killed by Assad, maybe ISIS starts to look like the good guys. This is not a simple question of good guys versus bad guys, it's various flavors of bad guys struggling for control.

Kinda like the Mujaheddin of the 80's became the Taliban for a new generation?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
When I see this and other posts like it supporting the drivers it boggles my mind....well at least I will know who the colaborators are if America somehow ever manages to be conquered. Bout 50 % of you are saying you would support the enemy for food....you are traitors....plain and simple..,,dirty stinking traitors....let that sink in a bit before you respond.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: kloejen
When someone puts a gun to your head, or worse your family and friends heads, you do what they ask. You do not reject. You do as they want so those you care about can survive. Only the heartless would reject, all the more if it's something as trivial as driving a truck. What about those that were in the German Armed Forces, or camp guards.

You are presuming that they all have guns to their heads. I do not. They have enough resources to attract willing participants.

The "trivial truck driving" can fund arms, soldiers and suicide bombers..The ones we want stopped..today not tomorrow.
Cut the main source of their income "today" and we save innocent lives "today", not tomorrow or next month..

Delaying the process risks many more lives than a few poor ISIS truck drivers...

Its never stopped OBAMA for being concerned about the collateral from so called "Surgical Drone Strikes" before, so whats changed?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Betcha half the people moaning here about this alleged warning to potential slaves/prisoners/forced laborers/civilians spend as much time moaning about how horrible IS is to their slaves/prisoners/forced laborers/civilians.

Cognitive dissonance much? And once again, the target was more than likely things not people.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

When I see this and other posts like it supporting the drivers it boggles my mind....well at least I will know who the colaborators are if America somehow ever manages to be conquered. Bout 50 % of you are saying you would support the enemy for food....you are traitors....plain and simple..,,dirty stinking traitors....let that sink in a bit before you respond.

I am not supporting the truck drivers, I am explaining them in the vain hopes that you will feel the compassion that the terrorists lack. In your reply, you imply that you are so loyal and patriotic that you would rather have your family die horribly than put bread on their table by doing your job for a new set of bosses. If this is true, I applaud your courage, and lament your lack of compassion.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
a reply to: DJW001

And you're a traitor to your own potentially starving (and likely under threat of decapitation) family members.

Let that sink in when you hug your kids next time.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I truly cannot be the only one who is puzzled by this; and not for reasons discussed.

Since when has the United States government and military cared about killing innocent civilians?

Did we not just recently bomb a hospital?

I am absolutely convinced that the US military and government has begun its first steps towards growing a conscious. Or IS have serious ties and backing to the US.

I'll take the latter.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Then maybe we should stop funding and training them, oh wait those are moderates right? Because they don't ever join IS or suck the American economy. Oh and the accidental weapon airdrops to IS and the abandoning of American provided hardware by the Iraqis that IS has. Let's worry about the domestic causes first and Europe should focus on its own domestic issues and then consider, consider I can not emphasize that enough, to take in "refugees".

edit on 23-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: What a horrible error in my typing

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join