It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Gave Isis 45 Minute Warning Before Bombing Oil Tankers.....Thanks, Obama!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
They don't care about our innocent civilians, why should we care about theirs? Being tenderhearted towards our enemy's people isn't going to stop them, and it isn't going to win a war. You go in, you vaporize the country, you come home and you live in peace.

Only that's not real life. If we resort to killing women and children are we better than ISIS? I'm not a terrorist and I don't want to live like one. Because we have compassion, we are a great nation.

Then you have to really think about this, you have to consider one reason that terrorist groups recruit so well and part of that reason is that we kill their women and children in our murderous drone strikes. most of the time we don't even know, really, if we've even killed any terrorists or fighters.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Are you attempting to imply that Putin is an ally, he's not nor are his criminal compatriots.
He and his crew are at odds with the west.
Like I said I'm sick of all the ("oh obummer why he cant he be more like putin" "I wish we had a leader like putin")

Well Putin can rot in hell where he belongs along with all his admirers.

K~

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

They don't care about our innocent civilians, why should we care about theirs? Being tenderhearted towards our enemy's people isn't going to stop them, and it isn't going to win a war. You go in, you vaporize the country, you come home and you live in peace.

And since when has that worked? Are things getting better?

First we need to try it.

link   

They don't care about our innocent civilians, why should we care about theirs? Being tenderhearted towards our enemy's people isn't going to stop them, and it isn't going to win a war. You go in, you vaporize the country, you come home and you live in peace....

...until they vaporize you. Rest in peace.

There...finished your little fairy tale for you.

link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm not sure our top guys a the CIA and in the pentagon, don't seem to know what's going on.

Yah, the Russians are threatening to gum up the (world order) works.

edit on 23-11-2015 by intrptr because: (world order)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
U.S. Pilots Confirm: Obama Admin Blocks 75 Percent of Islamic State Strikes
‘We can’t get clearance even when we have a clear target in front of us’
Link

Something to think about.. this 45 minutes delay somehow fits with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Only that's not real life. If we resort to killing women and children are we better than ISIS? I'm not a terrorist and I don't want to live like one. Because we have compassion, we are a great nation.

Then you have to really think about this, you have to consider one reason that terrorist groups recruit so well and part of that reason is that we kill their women and children in our murderous drone strikes. most of the time we don't even know, really, if we've even killed any terrorists or fighters.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but compassion is not going to get us a step ahead of these barbarians that are knocking heads off at their own free will.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
a reply to: LSU0408

Are you attempting to imply that Putin is an ally, he's not nor are his criminal compatriots.
He and his crew are at odds with the west.
Like I said I'm sick of all the ("oh obummer why he cant he be more like putin" "I wish we had a leader like putin")

Well Putin can rot in hell where he belongs along with all his admirers.

K~

Well, if WWIII busts loose, we're not going to win it without Russia so he needs to wait before he rots in hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

You do know its 2015 right ? There is no war going on with Russia vs US.

Depends on who you ask...especially here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

They don't care about our innocent civilians, why should we care about theirs? Being tenderhearted towards our enemy's people isn't going to stop them, and it isn't going to win a war. You go in, you vaporize the country, you come home and you live in peace....

...until they vaporize you. Rest in peace.

There...finished your little fairy tale for you.

Fairy tale is right. What do you think they're going to vaporize us with, fairy dust? That's about all they'll have left when our B-52's are flying home.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

We can’t get clearance even when we have a clear target in front of us
Link

I've definitely heard about that.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

They don't care about our innocent civilians, why should we care about theirs?

Because, we are the good guys. Do we let them set the rules? Then we've already lost.

link   
a reply to: dollukka

Link

That is because he is trying to keep civilian, and collateral damage to a bare minimum if none at all, but it seems many would rather just bomb civilians getting to ISIS, and all that does is make new enemies for the future.

The 45 minutes was to get whatever civilians that may be there a chance to get away.

link   
Dragging us back to the OP.

This is a rule of engagement and we should be thankful that this type of thing happens. It is likely the drivers of these tankers were civilians, possibly forced to work.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Ngatikiwi

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

If a few ISIS drivers get killed then it might discourage others from taking up that career.

What career would you suggest for a wildcat tanker driver in a war zone?

Anything but working or being employed as an "ISIS wildcat driver" by a terrorist organisation like ISIS. Goat herding?
Work for the true Syrians, hell join the Syrian army, as a I dont know a tanker driver maybe. Not having a job is no excuse/reason to join the enemy. There's a name for that.

"Employed" is an interesting word. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. Do you think that ISIS wouldn't use blackmail to get people to do what they wanted? I'd take the possibility of a bombing by the west over knowing my family was absolutely going to be killed by ISIS.

Fair comment,
There are no doubt lots of individual circumstances for doing so.
From what I understand these organisations are becoming attractive because they "are" getting paid. And thus my point of view.."Employed" as opposed to "blackmailed".
Im sure there would be plenty of actual ISIS members that could and would be willing to drive tankers. I sure there are a lot of foreign "workers/mercenaries" involved as well.
Risk vs reward. Their choice. Allahs will.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Something else to think about. With 45 minutes warning a truck driver can be miles away by the time the bombs start falling.

It doesn't make sense to give that much warning time. Besides, how do they know who's driving the great majority of said trucks anyway?

A column of fuel trucks is ISIS, truck, fuel and driver. Who wants to let the drivers escape to drive the next convoy?

Oh, ISIS supporters.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen
When someone puts a gun to your head, or worse your family and friends heads, you do what they ask. You do not reject. You do as they want so those you care about can survive. Only the heartless would reject, all the more if it's something as trivial as driving a truck. What about those that were in the German Armed Forces, or camp guards.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's a thought and it applies to any ME nation that we have been screwing with. How old is that 5yo kid from 2005 in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc that saw his family destroyed by us? Mid teens now. Have they forgotten that? WE are making these people. Stop creating them and this will be a lot easier.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Link

That is because he is trying to keep civilian, and collateral damage to a bare minimum if none at all, but it seems many would rather just bomb civilians getting to ISIS, and all that does is make new enemies for the future.

The 45 minutes was to get whatever civilians that may be there a chance to get away.

It is funny how this have suddenly become a priority for the US. The US have never had any problems once or ever killing civilians before.

The US always had a good legal excuse for killing civilians. They always do..
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Some of the ignorance in this thread is nothing short of astounding.

The Nazis subjected millions of people (both Jews and other victim groups) to forced labor under brutal conditions. From the establishment of the first Nazi concentration camps and detention facilities in the winter of 1933, forced labor—often pointless and humiliating, and imposed without proper equipment, clothing, nourishment, or rest—formed a core part of the concentration camp regimen.

Even before the war began, the Nazis imposed forced labor on Jewish civilians, both inside and outside concentration camps. As early as 1937, the Nazis increasingly exploited the forced labor of so-called "enemies of the state" for economic gain and to meet desperate labor shortages. By the end of that year, most Jewish males residing in Germany were required to perform forced labor for various government agencies. [Source]

And when same said forced laborers became DPs and refugees, they had the great please of being called Nazis themselves by the countries they fled to.

Yeah. No parallels in history here.

ETA: In addition, you act as if us dropping warning leaflets is something new. Well it's not. But you know what, I can't be arsed to go tally up what freaking political party the presidents at those times belonged to or if we loved or hated them.

So, yes, thanks, Obama, for at least attempting to be human, unlike some of the subhumans typing here.
edit on 11/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join