It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time To Look At The Bible From A Different Perspective

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2015 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As for the Trinity, I believe it represents parts of our own existence. There is the egg, the sperm, and the child that is the product of the two. The egg is the body, the sperm is the animating force that enters the egg/body, the child is what is created when the two join together.

The Father (sperm/Spirit) enters the Mother (egg/body) and created the Son (child/life).

While the Catholic Trinity is a deception, their deception has a foundation of truth, the same can be said about most if not all other church doctrine.

The church promotes a literal reading of the text whereas it was meant to be read allegorically. If you begin to relate the stories to aspects of yourself and everyone else on a personal level, you will begin seeing its true meaning in my opinion.

What are we all trying to find the answer to? Life. We are IT yet we do not understand exactly what we are. Science is trying to explain what is observed, yet no attention is paid to the one observing it and allowing it all to exist.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well Said Laddy...
I Do Not Cling To The Church With Faith... But Instead By Tradition.
However... The Mission:
Father/Master...
Son/Apprentice...
Holy Spirit/Craft ---> The Standard Of The Great Order Or House. aka Flag!

Thereafter... You Delve Deep Into Esoterics And Mysticism To Which End There Is No Mystery.

That's My Take...

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
After wading through 5 pages of gobbledygook, i will say again, for the millionth time: WOW, am i glad I'm a Catholic.

Jesus started a Church, The Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church brought to the world, The Bible.

The authority, given to it by Christ, resides within the The Catholic Church...the fullness of Truth. Have a question about biblical interpretation? Go to The Church (THE authority). It's in the bible :-)

Or, just make it up. Like the 40,000+ Protestant denominations, all floundering, flailing about, arguing about their own interpretations. This thread being just one more example.

Authority is a good thing. Obey. Be Bold, Be Catholic.
"You are Peter, and upon this rock, I will build MY church". Touché

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

The Catholic Church also threw people to the lions and bears, crucified them, and burned them on stakes because they didn't believe in Jesus. If anything, the Catholic Church is the most corrupt denomination on Earth and has been ever since its inception.
edit on 11/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well... In their defence they have changed their ways since those days

This new pope is quite impressive to say the least...

Doesn't change the flawed doctrine... but lets just say the RCC has "evolved" from its previous atrocious nature

edit on 29-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I like Pope Francis, but I don't think he'd be sitting where he is if it weren't for him being part of their plan somehow. As much as I like Francis compared to other Popes, I still don't trust the church and the people who run it.

In my opinion the Catholic Church is the one that hijacked Jesus and his message, teaching lies instead of truth. It is the original church and the one that the rest broke from in one form or another, all emphasizing Jesus and his supposed sacrifice for sins.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I thought you were more knowledgeable of history, come on now, you know that's not true. The Romans threw Christians to the lions...and worse.

There's only a small handful of people who truly hate The Catholic Church. But there's MILLIONS of people who hate what they think the Catholic Church is...point being, they're wrong. On so many fronts. YOU, also, are wrong about the church Jesus Christ started, The Catholic Church.

Come home to The Church, the one started by Jesus Christ in Mathew 16. This IS The Catholic Church. "MY" church, Jesus said, directly at Peter. The Catholic Church is Jesus' church, lead by the successor to Saint Peter. Today, that's Pope Francis, The Vicar of Jesus Christ!

"God is goooooood."

AMDG

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The newly formed Roman church persecuted and killed pagans late in Constantine's reign. They tore down pagan temples then built Christian ones on top of them. That's well established history. That led to the Byzantine Empire which was even more extravagant than the Roman one, the only things that were different were that Byzantines had Christianity as their state religion and started speaking mostly Greek.

The Catholic Church was only a vessel the Roman empire used to transition into the Byzantine empire. It was political more than anything in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Excuse me, but dude, (or dudette)...this is 2015 brother, lets talk about today. You're talking Roman Empire, Byszantine yadda yadda yadda. 1800,1900 years ago. Really?

I went to Catholic Mass TODAY, Sunday. I worshiped our God, in the way Jesus taught us 2000 years ago. In the way He wants us to worship..."do this in remembrance of me."

You're swinging at a piñata brother, grasping at straws. Study your true Christian history, it's all over the internet. Ie, google "church fathers". Read what those first Christians wrote, in the years immediately following Jesus. They were Catholics! They were already calling themselves "Catholic" by A.D 107.

The Catholic Church makes very bold statements. Unfortunate, for all Protestants, these claims are all based in cold hard facts. Historical truths.

ALL Christians were Catholic, for 1500 years. Until the arrival of Luther. And thank God, It was a schismatic, dark time in Catholic history, reform was needed. Luther actually strengthened Orthodox Catholicism. But the split that has occurred to this day must end.

We all have one baptism....one God....one Faith. We are Christians. Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If you went to Catholic Mass then you weren't worshipping or praying how Jesus told you.

Matthew 6
5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

It says here to pray alone, not in front of others like the hypocrites.

edit on 11/30/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The bible is an allegorical commentary on the human condition, not a literal history book. I think it's time we start looking at the Holy books (whichever they are) from a very personal viewpoint. Only when you internalize the narrative are you able to decipher its true meaning.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, the Bible is for the large part mainly allegorical teachings, especially Jesus parables and coded language that he used…which incidentally has huge parallels with the language used by the Gnostics and Gnostic Christians…

In Jesus terminology, Fruit isn’t literal fruit, blood isn’t literal blood and wheat and tares aren’t literal either…

IMO the light Jesus spoke of is metaphorical too, and it represents “truth” i.e. Gods truth…IMO

Matthew 5:14-15
14 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.”

Those who have the light (Gods truth) in them, are not supposed to hide it away; they are supposed to speak it openly, so that their light (truth) shines before all men…

When Jesus said we are the light of the world, IMO he meant that Gods truth lives in us/them/everyone, even if they can’t recognise it yet…or perhaps I’m extrapolating too much and he was only speaking of his true disciples, i.e. the ones who knew Gods truth already…

The Gnostic opposite of not knowing truth/Gnosis, was to be as one walking in darkness, i.e not knowing themselves or the Father… as in the verse below…

Pslam 82:1-5
1 God presides in the great assembly;
he renders judgment among the “gods”:
2 “How long will you defend the unjust
and show partiality to the wicked?
3 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.
4 Rescue the weak and the needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
5 “The ‘gods’ know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;
all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

When ones eye becomes single, we can see clearly that everything is one…and thus we become full of light, which is to see recognize the truth….

- JC

ETA : S+F...

edit on 5-12-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join