It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sex crimes witch hunts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnightstar1365
As this is something that I am very familiar with, I can tell you, the most damning thing, for both men and woman, is that they do not understand the legal definition of sexual abuse, sexual assault, and rape, and that the laws can change by just crossing a county line.

It is not always as simple as No. Means No.

edit on 23-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clarification.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
I think a man can save guard himself by not having random sex with random women. I guess I have missed the supposed witch hunts, but a man that is guilty of rape has committed a heinous crime, and I don't feel the penalties are strict enough. As men, we are held to a higher standard, so we should be holding ourselves to higher standards as well. I think it is a rediculous fallacy to assume that only 1% of men are capable of such things, and my own guess would be closer to double digits.

The OP makes it sound like the false accusations heavily outweigh legitimate claims, but I don't think that is accurate. Police investigations place great emphasis on evidence, at least in most cases. I would guess that more than half of all rapes go unreported, and although I feel bad for men who are falsely accused, I don't know how to address false accusations with out pushing the more vulnerable part of society further into the shadows. As men, we carry the weight of societal burdens... we need to accept that, and avoid situations that could make us vulnerable to false accusations.

ETA: Even worse, the link is about mistaken identity, not false accusations. The justice system failed, and a rapist is out there attacking woman.

In my friends' cases, they were basically drunken one night stands in college and the chick felt guilty afterwards so decided to cry rape. This happened like three times to guys when I was in college. All charges dropped after investigation found no wrong doing. Of course, the guys were almost kicked out of school, given criminal records, etc.

One of my friends who started hanging out with the wrong crowd was with a group of guys that ran a train on some stripper / hooker. I guess she decided they didn't pay her enough, so she yelled rape. He spent the better part of two months in jail for her to just up and drop the charges. Didn't even show up to court.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

In my friends' cases, they were basically drunken one night stands in college and the chick felt guilty afterwards so decided to cry rape. This happened like three times to guys when I was in college. All charges dropped after investigation found no wrong doing. Of course, the guys were almost kicked out of school, given criminal records, etc.

Colleges have been one the prime locations that sexual assaults occur. There is a huge awareness campaign happening right now to educate male and female students of this problem along with their parents.

The Documentary "The Hunting Ground" aired last night on CNN. I am sure you can find it around the internet or OnDemand if any anyone is interested in seeing it. The Hunting Ground Documentary

edit on 23-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Transfer glitch??????

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I posted the story so people could see that not all who are accused of rape are guilty of it.
as for woman who have been raped . i guess if one man will rape they all must be rapist .
Funny thing i was accused of a sex crime (and no its wasn't a stranger it was a woman who i knew
14 years ) and again quite a few of the men who i know who have been accused wrongly it was from women they knew.
so this isn't a don't sleep with strangers fix ( in my case i hadn't even done that )
I honestly don't expect this post to change a thing >this is just a pet pev of mine .
being accused is devastating and wile i wasn't jailed it cost me every thing i worked 25 years for .
as for what % how many people should lose there life over it ? not one woman should be raped i bet you would kill every rapist if you could .So why should any man have his life destroyed over a lie .
and i stick by my 1% in ten men may rape . Are you really saying you believe there are (10 %) ( almost 16 million rapist in this country??? that is ten % of the male population .
even 1 % means there must be alest 1.5 million rapist .
16 million rapist yea right makes Africa look like the place woman should go to get away from them.
The reality is that most rapist who are not just some dumb kid on a date going bad are milti offenders.
The reality of America now is if your poor you must be a criminal and being poor have no way to defend against it.
Ps being poor here meens anything under 50 k a year > as i had the house the cars the kids the whole leave it to beaver set up and that didn't even slow my loses down.
ps i dont think all woman would lie about rape any more then i think any man can be a rapist

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

When I was young man, I consciously made the choice to not engage in certain activities with drunk females. I can't say that none of the females from my sexual encounters ever regretted it, but none of them accused me of rape. I have some of my own regrets, but none of them have to do with not having sex.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

it goes WAY beyond this...

I personally know of someone incarcerated that is facing 18-20 years for...I KID you NOT, consensual sex with a 20 year old, which she fully said that she was willing...however a member of her family stepped up and said "no .. she would NEVER do this behind my back.." took it to court.

I'm dead serious....

be VERY VERY careful who you know ..justice system is big business ...and truly nothing more.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't expect you to be able to process this right now and you shouldn't. It is devastating when your world is turned upside down and for something that you did not do.

But there are no reliable numbers on how many people have been victims of sexual assault. First there are too many factors that can be considered variables. Often sexual assault victims may not even be aware they have been sexually assaulted, especially if the victim is a child or mentally impaired. Large numbers of sexual assaults are not reported or the victim refuses to go for prosecution, especially if the victims are men. Many cases of sexual assaults occur in environments or under conditions were the victim may be part of a culture were the act is deemed normal, and they think they have no choice or say in the what happens to them.

Surprisingly enough we have more sexual assault victims that wrongly blame themselves, than those that falsely accuse. Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does indeed happen, and for a huge laundry list of reasons. But making a sexual assault report is not a cake walk. It is a very long, embarrassing, and uncomfortable process.

I know you are not ready to hear any of this right now. I am sorry that you have had this unfortunate experience, but maybe with time you will be able to understand what the victim of an actual assault must feel like having to tell her story over and over with people looking at her with the same look of doubt in their eyes, and having to relive the trauma over and over again, with a 50%+ chance of having the person that assaulted her be set free to place her and others in danger of him repeating his offense.

It shouldn't have happened. I hope you won't let this define you or change who you are.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365
I posted the story so people could see that not all who are accused of rape are guilty of it.

No. You posted this story so that you could misrepresent the circumstance and segue into a rant about women lying about rape.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 ...as for woman who have been raped . i guess if one man will rape they all must be rapist .

Anyone that I do not know well (male or female) is potentially capable of doing me harm. I am always aware of that. Always. Although, I will admit that men have a higher percentage chance of being rapists, or capable of violence in that personal risk assessment algorithm. That is backed up by my personal experience, scientific evidence and crime statistics. Tough luck, that is the demographic that you are in. Get. Over. It.

I am more suspicious of people because of what happened to me, just as you are no doubt. We're just on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of that experience.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 ...I honestly don't expect this post to change a thing >this is just a pet pev of mine .

I don't believe you. This is not just a pet peeve, you are looking for something here, and frankly my guess is you are looking for some validation to confirm the narrative that you are emotionally invested in (i.e. Women Lie About Rape); that's why you couched the information the way that you have.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 ...as for what % how many people should lose there life over it ?

I don't know if anyone deserves to lose their life over a rape. Perhaps if they kill the woman, but then it's murder they would die for not rape.

originally posted by: [post=20066285]Midnightstar1365[/posti bet you would kill every rapist if you could.

That's not true, please see above.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 Are you really saying you believe there are (10 %) ( almost 16 million rapist in this country??? that is ten % of the male population .

Actually in terms of the 18-25 or so set I believe it is more like 33.3% that are (this next one is an important word, please pay attention) POTENTIAL rapists. Although, I personally do believe that it tapers off as men grow older, wiser and not quite so marinated in testosterone.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 The reality is that most rapist who are not just some dumb kid on a date going bad are milti offenders.

Those "dumb kids" are still rapists if they have sex with a woman without her consent. Also, it sounds a bit like you are taking an "boys will be boys" apologist stance here.

originally posted by: Midnightstar1365 ps i dont think all woman would lie about rape any more then i think any man can be a rapist

You say that in one breath and then rant about women lying about rape in just about every other so I'm going to call BS again.

Based upon what you have written here I think that you have a limited capacity for introspection, an inability for accountability and a tendency to shift blame and twist narratives to suit a personal agenda regardless of facts. You may not be a patently dishonest person (as in, someone who would steal, rape etc...), I don't have enough information to say that at this point, but the above mentioned character traits are consistent with a criminal mentality. I've run in some BAD crowds I will admit, and I've learned to spot not nice people from miles away, and I don't think that you are nice person. I know that you are not terribly honest with yourself at the very least. I would be nervous about you in RL because of these things.

In spite of all that, I'm still willing to take your version of events at face value. There is a big difference between being not such a nice person and being a rapist. I would be pretty cautious about you in the wild though.
edit on 23-11-2015 by redhorse because: "not"

edit on 23-11-2015 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I think your analysis is harsh, but very spot on! The only place I disagree is that I wouldn't mind seeing capital punishment for violent rapists,, I don't think that personality type should ever be reintroduced to society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join