It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a sinner?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think it's arrogant of man to think he can "sin" in the eyes of a creative force powerful enough to create the universe and everything in it.

a supreme creator/creative force of Infinite Lovewould be bemused at the very concept of "sin"

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
If one of the definitions of sin was "failing to show love to others", that would be in tune with his nature. He would understand that.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I never mentioned God. That was other people simply because I used the word sin .

Didnt you?

From your op

So one of the biggest issues people have Christianity is the concept that humans are sinners. So ATS, are you a sinner or are you sinless?

Christianty implies the Trinity; therefore god. You are now being misleading - whats your agenda in even starting this thread?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Fine. I should have said Abrahamic religion word. You are right.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I believe I detect a troll

and yet I would say you fit the description of troll....first you say you didnt bring up God, then your bring up Christianity (and implied Trinity) and then you troll with the following...

I am saying if there was a God whose essence was benevolence and justice that all humans would be judged by that God and that all would come guilty to the stand. We are helpless to change the actions we chose in our life, so seeing as how we cannot do anything to save ourselves or to free ourselves from judgment we would need a savior, or someone that can make it as though those actions never happened in order to be considered innocent in the eyes of that God.

I ask you once again, whats your motive instarting this thread?
You make out that you only want to hear peoples perspectives and yet you you subtly start your proselytizing.
All one has to do is look at your thread history to see what sort of closed mind you have.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

You cannot "make up" for your sins; for our righteous acts are as filthy rags unto the LORD

And yet we are supposed to accept gods own sins and punishments against Israel and his repentance?

This is why we are made in Gods image...like the imperfect demiurge as protrayed in the Old Testament we move in all directions, changing on a whim

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

to be perfectly loving beings

"to be"?

We are! Perfect!

Doesn't really make much sense to me.

It would if you looked around and see greater truths...such as we are spiritual beings experiencing being in the physical...
remembering that "we are god" finding our way home.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

No i dont have to make up for my sins Jesus paid my bail

Why bail? are you going to be judged again? Whats the point of the crusifixion?

I thought through his blood he took the sentence and called it a mistrial?

The fact that you call them your past sins would suggest that they still are in the back of your mind...have you really forgiven yourself?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

If one of the definitions of sin was "failing to show love to others", that would be in tune with his nature. He would understand that

But this whole thread hasnt even resolved what sin is? Are they moral ambiguities? Acts gainst your fellow man or society?

Are you saying that the supreme creator has sin in its nature?

Ponder this again carefully....

a supreme creator/creative force of Infinite Lovewould be bemused at the very concept of "sin

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Are you saying that the supreme creator has sin in its nature?

Sorry, my comment was carelessly phrased.
What I was trying to say was that; A creative force of infinite love would plausibly recognise "failing to show love to others" as a fault. Understanding that definition would be in his nature, so he would not be bemused.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Sorry, my comment was carelessly phrased

Ok thanks I get that now.

"failing to show love to others" as a fault

So we can deduce that the creator creates imperfection.

I still think the creator would find it amusing that we could begin to undrstand its motives. This is just humans bringing god down to their level.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
I still think the creator would find it amusing that we could begin to undrstand its motives. This is just humans bringing god down to their level.

The premise of the Bible is that the Creator has been trying to communicate his motives, coming down to our level instead of being brought down.
Obviously we could have no chance of understanding the Creator without some such help.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Do gods...'try'?

Has this god been trying for 2000 years?

It can apparently create existence but has to 'try' to communicate with it's fans via a vague tome?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Anyone might have trouble communicating with people who are not good at listening.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Prezbo369
Anyone might have trouble communicating with people who are not good at listening.

Gods also 'have trouble'?

Doesn't this indicate that this god is neither omnipotent nor omniscient and is in fact limited?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Making a mistake isn't sinning.

That is not all you said, " I also agree that humans disobey their moralities, " and this is what I would call a sinner.

The existence of psychopaths and sociopaths pretty much shoots your hypothesis to hell here

How so? I think psychopaths know the difference between right and wrong they just don't care.

Are we saying that humans today are born thinking that slavery is wrong., yet 150 years ago, humans didn't have that sense of wrongness?

No slavery was wrong 150 years ago, and its wrong today as well. Again people know its wrong, they just don't care sometimes. Just because people don't care about what is right and what is wrong doesn't mean that morality is fluid. If morality is fluid, then you are saying it is subjective. If it is subjective then it really doesn't exist. Moral nihilism.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Ah but that is your judgement call, there are times and uses for immoral choices to further grow on your life path

Grasshoppers don't grow on muddy ground.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Christianty implies the Trinity; therefore god. You are now being misleading - whats your agenda in even starting this thread?

Are you kidding? So because I gave my reason for writing the thread that was part of the topic? No I was just letting people know that the word, 'sinner' was used in the context of scripture. It doesn't ask if you believe the text it ask if you think you fit the definition of the word 'sinner'. Most people have come on here and said yeah I am a sinner. So hopefully these people won't take offense to it when someone says humans are sinners, because so far seems like most agree with that statement.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
That is not all you said, " I also agree that humans disobey their moralities, " and this is what I would call a sinner.

But moralities are all personal definitions. My morality could be vastly different than your morality. Some people think that murder isn't immoral. Others think stealing is fine. Sociopaths and psychopaths don't have morals. Morality is a poor example to use as a basis for sinning. I mean if I violate a moral that YOU think is immoral but I don't, does that make me a sinner?

How so? I think psychopaths know the difference between right and wrong they just don't care.

No. Psychopaths and sociopaths may know what WE tell them right and wrong are, but that doesn't mean they acknowledge it themselves. Look at the tv show Dexter. He clearly KNEW what society considered right and wrong (after all he only went after bad guys), but he still was only doing it to stay under the police radar. Now I know that a tv show isn't the best example, but it certainly is a relateable instance to consider.

No slavery was wrong 150 years ago, and its wrong today as well. Again people know its wrong, they just don't care sometimes. Just because people don't care about what is right and what is wrong doesn't mean that morality is fluid. If morality is fluid, then you are saying it is subjective. If it is subjective then it really doesn't exist. Moral nihilism.

Yet the bible condones it. How come the people who wrote the bible never mentioned that it was bad? If we are born knowing that slavery is wrong, you'd think someone would mention such things in the bible. Yet not only is it NOT condemned, it is condoned with the bible giving out instructions on how to properly look after your slaves.
edit on 24-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

"to be"?

We are! Perfect!

Something I would disagree with. Do you really believe you are always loving and have always been loving your entire life?

It would if you looked around and see greater truths...such as we are spiritual beings experiencing being in the physical...
remembering that "we are god" finding our way home.

I would simply disagree with that ideology. I believe God will come inside you and be with you in our present condition and love us and change us from the inside out. Why do you believe this to be the truth behind reality?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join