It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a sinner?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I've actually softened up on Paul a bit. I think he knew the truth but encoded it into his epistles, people usually takes these 'codes' literally when they're more allegorical (carnal) representations of a spiritual truth. Whether he meant for them to be taken literally or not, I don't know, but Paul was definitely enlightened, though even enlightened beings can use their knowledge to enslave others.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I am saying if there was a God whose essence was benevolence and justice that all humans would be judged by that God and that all would come guilty to the stand. We are helpless to change the actions we chose in our life, so seeing as how we cannot do anything to save ourselves or to free ourselves from judgment we would need a savior, or someone that can make it as though those actions never happened in order to be considered innocent in the eyes of that God.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I have sinned but I am no longer a sinner. The bible says that those who are born of God do not continue sinning, I agree with that and have put it into practice. The bible also says that God does not listen to the sinner, only those who do his will. I agree with that as well.

The world promotes sin by saying it is unavoidable, I disagree with that. Jesus told us to be perfect, with a little effort and time, that can come true.

One step at a time focusing on the next step and given enough time you arrive wherever you want to go. Only takes dedication.
. Some souls live a life that is an automatic single continuous idealistic plea to the divine.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is good to hear. What made you begin to change your mind?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Exactly, you just take it.... little by little.

I'll see myself out.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

He might have ascended on step in awareness but enslaving others will make him fall quickly again. Insanity to enslave others when you are aware of the price to all including himself.

But then I do not know what he said and what was written. Maybe I should give the soul a chance to explain itself. That do not mean I will think better of the historical person that is described.
edit on 23-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

By keeping an open mind. I don't yet fully endorse Paul because of the way that his letters are written, they're complicated, but I do see the value his letters bring to those with eyes and ears.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A sin, according to the bible, is the transgression of God's law. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. You cannot "make up" for your sins; for our righteous acts are as filthy rags unto the LORD. The wages of sin is death. Willing that none should perish, Jesus Christ was sent from the Father to dwell among man. That through his death, burial, and resurrection he might provide propitiation for our sins and thereby reconciliation of man unto God.

According to the bible a judiciary enforcing the laws set forth by God is one of the primary purposes of a government. Judges are meant to judge righteously; protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty. They should be, as God is, no respecter of persons; treating all equally under the law.

Salvation, unto life eternal, is the gift of God. Not of works lest any man should boast.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I just don't really understand what you truly believe. You are never just very blunt with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That may be because my beliefs are always changing with new ideas. The foundation stays the same: we are the universe experiencing itself and Jesus is an allegorical representation of the human condition (as are all other religious stories), but the details surrounding that base idea are constantly changing, sometimes every day.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

I just don't really understand what you truly believe. You are never just very blunt with it.

It is plain to see in his name.

3NL1GHT3N3D1
All in all is all we are.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh, OK. Yes. I believe that's what the whole biblical, religious structure/story is about. IF there was a benevolent and just God, and IF He were going to judge us based on perfection (and why would he, if he made us as imperfect beings?), and IF we could fool Him into thinking that we'd never "sinned" by being "saved" from having sinned (even though He KNOWS we have), then I can see where the need for a "savior" might come in. It's all pretty convenient, strange and fanciful, if you ask me.

But since I don't believe in a god, or a supernatural judge, or the need for a savior, as there's nothing to be "saved" from, those are all just hypothetical instances. But if that's what you're asking, I can see how someone might think a "savior" of some kind would be necessary.

But it all begs a few questions... One being, why would a benevolent and just God judge his own creation, based NOT on how he made them, but on whether or not they figured out how to make themselves appear as something they were not (sinless)? If He's doing that, I wouldn't call Him benevolent OR just, as that "trick" seems like a malevolent and unfair test.

Not asking for an answer, just an oddity that came into my brain.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
I believe I detect a troll

I think you owe your sister an apology...

That was anything BUT trolling.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Are you a sinner?

All human beings are sinners as we are imperfect animals that have been instilled... or installed, as it were, with eternal spirits.

Our physical experience... is like a class where we are supposed to be learning the values of what life is and how not to focus solely upon ourselves and physical desires.

Unfortunately, here in the second decade of the 21st century... such concept has been well set aside.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

But there is a good side to this time also. You have the ability to read all human spiritual views at your fingertip and question them. You have people who can talk to you about paranormal/spiritual/synchronistic experiences without them having to reveal who they are, so they wear a big target from groups of people who would not let them talk for hundred of years. Even the introvert hermited ones are sharing secrets to a higher degree.

The mysteries are slowly being revealed. God works in mysterious ways is a coup out for those who do not wanna know and stay ignorant. There are lessons to be learned for those who want to seek and understand creation. They left a lot out in the religious texts.
. Seek and you shall find. Ask the right questions and answers will be found/given.

edit on 23-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't know why we disconnect ourselves from our reality. We created this for ourselves to experience, giving ourselves amnesia so that a "pure" experience could be had. It all comes from and goes back to a singularity where every possible combination of realities exist.

Why do we externalize "God" as something "out there" (waves hands around) and not "in here" (taps head)? Why do we think so little of ourselves, and give credit for everything (including ourselves) to something else?

Most of you have seen the Wizard of Oz, yes? Remember when Dorthy pulls back the curtain and sees an ordinary man pulling levers and pushing buttons? Remember how it was him all along and not the magical wizard?

If you could pull back the curtain of your reality do you know what you would see? God? No...

You.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They are hypothetical to you, but the truth behind reality to me. It was not to convince you, but just make sure that you understood my point of view. Obviously I disagree with the idea that he made us imperfect. I believe he made us exactly as we should be. Free. The obvious problem with freedom is the ability to choose to do whatever you like, but if it was your free choice to choose those to do those things then the consequence falls on you not the person that gave you the ability to make a choice. If i give you a gun and tell you that you can choose to untie the innocent man tied to a chair or you can kill him, and you choose to kill him. That guys death is not based on me giving you a choice the guys death came from your choice you chose. God knew all of us were imperfect, which is why he gave us all the option to choose grace. We weren't imperfect because of how he made us though. We are imperfect because of who we are. God doesn't make us sin, we simply choose to sin because of our characters.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't follow Christianity so I have no need to acknowledge a poorly defined word like "sin" or "sinner". So no. I'm not a sinner. You have to be a Christian to be a sinner.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You have the ability to read all human spiritual views at your fingertip and question them.

No, you don't.

You have a life and that should be your focus. If one spends their life worrying about what the next person thinks, then everything that was offered to them loses ground.

If you spend your life questioning everyone but yourself, then in the end, you'll have no answers.

IMESHO, that is...

edit on 23-11-2015 by redoubt because: add

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't follow Christianity so I have no need to acknowledge a poorly defined word like "sin" or "sinner". So no. I'm not a sinner. You have to be a Christian to be a sinner.

What is a sinner then, because your definition is obviously radically different from mine as you do not have to be a Christian to fit my personal definition of a sinner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join