It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape In The Calais Migrants Camp

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

To make it more positive than allegedly we need evidence.

Callout for donations of small digital video cameras
Over the last week the state has instituted a quota system for the arrest and detainment of 40 – 50 refugees a day. Most of these people are being snatched from the streets of Calais or around the Eurotunnel entrance. Due to the influx of arrests across Calais we are keen to provide people with the tools to document their treatment at the hands of the state. To do this we would like to distribute small digital cameras around Calais to help record the actions of the police and the security services.

We will then collect video footage at our info center in the jungle and publish the results online.
calaismigrantsolidarity.wordpress.com...

Whenever I see callout I think spooks. It always seems to be the spook run projects that need a 'callout' of black-clad thrill seekers. Disregarding the word 'callout', we have the very sensible request to get stuff on video. When an Amazonian tribe were being killed and driven off their land by loggers they were taught to use video cameras and evidence was then presented to the world.

I fully uphold the request for multiple cameras to be used by migrants in Calais.

It will be interesting to see the results of their videoing inside the camp in the areas where, as we see in the op video, filming is forbidden by mafia.

I guess the apologists are going to go through some mental gymnastics to explain why documenting brutality between camp dwellers isn't fair.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
More confirmation of the no cameras rule.

www.cornishman.co.uk...

When I tried to video or take photographs, people would walk past shouting 'no' – the result of gossip saying they will never be able to seek asylum if it could be proved they were at the camp.

Has anyone thought photographs or film taken as people enter and leave could be used as evidence of having been at the camp? This flimsy excuse for not allowing filming is one which wishy washy do gooders will cling to.

The mafia don't allow video or photographs and have instructed their customers to enforce the rule to conceal their crimes.
edit on 24 11 2015 by Kester because: new word order

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Tragically, for the women who are stuck in the limbo that is the migrant camp at Calais, such gender-based hardships are still a strong source of fear. Why, as Corty observed, is the increase in women and children at Calais only obvious during the night? It can be hypothesized that this is due to women laying low during the daytime in order to avoid the gender-specific dangers that life at Calais has in store for them (Graham-Harrison, 2015).

For women living in the general camp, there is no security, street lights or female sanitation facilities provided (Graham-Harrison, 2015) which contributes to a pervasive atmosphere of insecurity. Reports have shown that the long and treacherous journeys being made by the migrants
have been fret with violence against women, which has left those at Calais feeling significantly vulnerable and anxious. A 20-year-old Somalian woman named Fedussa told the story of her journey, assisted by smugglers, as part of a group of migrants to Libya and then across the Mediterranean (BBC, 2015). Many of the women, including one of Fedussa’s friends Qani, were subject to being raped by the smugglers, who separated the women from the men for such purposes.

“I refused to go with them but they took away my friend Qani. She said six men raped her which she remembers resisting and fighting, but after the sixth she lost consciousness. Qani left for Europe 15 days before I did. I don’t know where she is but I hope to find her.” (BBC, 2015)

Women at Calais have spoken of feeling frightened and vulnerable at the camp. This is due to the atrocities that they have undergone thus far on their journey; due to being alone without anyone that they know; and due to the atmosphere in which many of the men at the camp are drinking and looking for women (Graham-Harrison, 2015). Furthermore, the journey that these women still have to make, every night walking miles to attempt to sneak on to a vehicles to heading for Britain, is more difficult than it is for many of the men. They are not as fast, not as strong and they are more vulnerable. Moreover, many of them have children to look after along the way (Graham-Harrison, 2015).

So the question arises: what is being done to help the women at Calais?

www.unhscotland.org.uk...

I've tried to find my original source but without success. This is a study of the issue. I would bring particular attention to this statement.

. . . many of the men at the camp are drinking and looking for women (Graham-Harrison, 2015).

Drinking and looking for women isn't such a problem when the women are propping up bars waiting for the men.

When the women are on a journey full of dangers they don't want drunks looking for them.
edit on 24 11 2015 by Kester because: link paras

edit on 24 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 24 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
From the site in your link, they say

British law British law therefore necessitates illegal entry to the UK for almost all those who want to claim asylum. This forces migrants, most of whom have survived war or human rights violations – and many of whom are very young – to risk their lives making clandestine entries in or under lorries that travel to the UK. Many people have died and countless others have been injured in this process.

I don't understand this logic. If they know that they can't get into the UK legally, then why do they complain when they are being prevented from committing an act they "know" is illegal? How can they blame the UK for their decision to take a life threatening risk to commit this illegal act?

I can't see how anyone can believe this is acceptable, which only strengthens my suspicions of this whole immigration scheme.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's because of the following logic...

If you are in fear of your life then you should claim asylum in the first decent country you arrive in.

There is no excuse to be able to pick and choose. Therefore, all these refugees fleeing UN refugee camps with all their security and free education etc., should be claiming asylum in Greece, for example. They should not think "oh, that was easy, I think I'll choose to live in London".

It's a joke.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
I agree and it seems clear to me that many are trying take advantage of the countries that are trying to help people that need it.

Me thinks that many of the host countries may have a fair share of Cuckoos and Cowbirds in the nest.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

if there good fighters then they will see them again, if they don't then there dad died a hero by helping save others by having his own life taken fighting for what's right.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join