It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions to ending homelessness in the US.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: onequestion

I did miss you. We dont always agree, but at least you aren't boring.

Thanks and I enjoy your comments as always!

I'm warming up for a return to the radio show so I need grease the engine so io speak.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I agree with the premise of your thread it is just a shame that your view is so short sighted... Some 8 million people due of hunger related illnesses every year ....Homelessness and hunger are a world problem not just an American one....

I'm not familiar with the rest of the world as I hadn't left the continent yet.

It's not short sighted to think that we need to solve our problems before we solve the worlds problems it's common sense.

I have a way with words
....it was not my intention to insult you I was just thinking of the bigger picture.... Anyhow you are right fix the problems at home then expand.... I was just thinking the reason it happens in the U.S.A are the same reasons it happens world wide...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Selfishness and short sightedness for sure.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Maybe consider going with the flow of cannabis and hemp legalization since you will have a huge amount of cheap building material for prefabricated tiny homes.

The land issue is a tough one since no one as you said wants to give it up since it really is a great asset.

We have many problems that eclipse our homeless populations needs but I agree that we need to act decisively.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

First off let me preface this by saying I don't want to read any garbage about vets and being homeless. I'm a vet and I know what it means to be a vet. There is services and the Obama admin have put countless, no nearly endless amounts of money into funding programs for vets. In two weeks you'll be housed with food and a fully furnished apartment with new clothes and a job. No freaking joke. So don't start that crap.

Now that that's out of the way. The real key to ending homeless is in changin our mental healthcare industry and prevention. We can prevent homelessness by ending this idiotic paradigm of profiting off of out of control rent cost and housing prices. Secondly by creating funding for small businesses and investing in ourselves we can create a situation where the possibility for enabling entrepreneurship.

Lastly we need to simply make it easier to live in this country for citizens. Less taxes on business and income. Sounds expensive right? Wrong the long term affect of more self sufficiency is more money available locally so people can choose what to invest their capital into through crowd funding initiatives with public oversight.

Have fun.

Oh and your welcome! I know you missed me!

Unless they say no. I'm a vet too and was denied help with no reason given. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

You didn't look hard enough all you need is a dd214

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You didn't look hard enough all you need is a dd214

Don't you think I know that? That was kinda insulting. But you don't even have to have that. They can pull your red right there. Some people are just turned down. I don't know what it is or how they decide I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones. I do know the number of homeless vets are decreasing. I'm only speaking of my own person experience.

Respect.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Maybe it's different In your state

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
Unless they say no. I'm a vet too and was denied help with no reason given. Go figure.

Same experience as well years ago in Alabama...

Dude didn't even want to talk to me because my resume was too incomplete.

Left me so totally disgusted that I never even went back.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Possibly

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I never tried again myself. I didn't understand why. I didn't have a place to stay, I didn't have a job, I was only separated for a year, just legally separated from my wife, bills piled up and all I got was sorry sir we're unable to help you at this time.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i just watched this... it touched me and made me truly sad for humanity... social experiment that puts a homeless man and a homeless kid together... passers give the kid cash, while ignoring and rejecting the veteran a few feet away...and the cop that did that needs to be sorted out too, that is NO way to treat any fellow human being.

(this isn't a youtube link, hope it's ok, if not i'll try and find it on youtube instead)
diply.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

The Obama admin changed a lot of things for vets.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Some people need lots of natural light otherwise they become depressed. Living outdoors gives them the light they need. Give them a conventional home and they'll be depressed and listless within three days. They'll create some crisis to get back out to the homeless life without consciously realising it's their need for natural light that drives them.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

That sounds crazy to me.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Hence they get treated as crazy.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny
i just watched this... it touched me and made me truly sad for humanity... social experiment that puts a homeless man and a homeless kid together... passers give the kid cash, while ignoring and rejecting the veteran a few feet away...and the cop that did that needs to be sorted out too, that is NO way to treat any fellow human being.

(this isn't a youtube link, hope it's ok, if not i'll try and find it on youtube instead)
diply.com...

As horrible as it is it is important to be aware of this....we are all people and somehow we are being programmed to view certain demographics as less than human ....it really is a harsh reality but we all need to be aware of it...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't worry when the machines take over they will decide for us who is worth keepin and Ho isn't.

At this point we won't need to think anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join