It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple gunmen shoot into crowd in New Orleans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
At least ten people were injured when multiple gunmen shot into a crowd at a park in New Orleans. Not much info yet, just hitting the wire now.

mobile.twitter.com...

Gang activity? Fight? Something more?

Time will tell....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
At least ten people were injured when multiple gunmen shot into a crowd at a park in New Orleans. Not much info yet, just hitting the wire now.

mobile.twitter.com...

Time will tell....

It was a shootout

www.nola.com...
edit on 22-11-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

How terrifying. O wait, thats terrible. Whoops, lets just assume its a terror incident, yah we can get behind that.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

NEW ORLEANS, LA (WVUE) -
New Orleans Police are investigating a shooting that left at least 10 people injured. The incident occurred Sunday evening in the 1900 block of Gallier Street.

According to police, gunmen fired into a group of people gathered at Bunny Friend Park. Officers assisting a nearby second line heard the gunshots and responded to the scene.

NOPD Chief Michael Harrison said that more victims could have been taken to the hospital via private conveyance. Police are at multiple hospitals speaking to victims and witnesses.

Officers believe that there were multiple shooters involved and the shooting stemmed from a fight. Harrison said that police are unaware of the extent of the injuries, but no deaths have been reported.

We will have more information as soon as it becomes available.

www.fox8live.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yep I've been following this from breakingnews.com since the first report.

Read that it stared from a fight.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It doesnt really surprise me.

My brother was robbed at gunpoint there a few months ago. Even when I went there on Vacation a few years ago. The street gang activity was extremely noticable.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You know we live in bad times when I look at the headline, then read about "at least 10 shot" and I'm not even phased... I guess living in Chicago for 30 years has desensitized me or something... aye aye aye

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

They are having a lot of trouble with crime in New Orleans right now. You would probably be just as safe somewhere in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

They are having a lot of trouble with crime in New Orleans right now. You would probably be just as safe somewhere in the Middle East.

I remember US Marines were saying they felt safer in a military base in Iraq than they did in a subdivision home in New Orleans or Los Angeles. At least they had perimeter walls, spotlights, armed guards all 24 hours/day.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Metallicus

I remember US Marines were saying they felt safer in a military base in Iraq than they did in a subdivision home in New Orleans or Los Angeles. At least they had perimeter walls, spotlights, armed guards all 24 hours/day.

Not to state the obvious, but it's little surprise this kind of thing happens when everyone is packing a firearm.

The only thing that surprises me is that it doesn't happen more often.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

It's NO, it could have been NOPD.

Truthfully, Nawlins is a pit. I detest the place.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Those twitter comments . . . WoW.

One of my professors is in NO right now for a tour helping community schools with math and is a huge baseball fan. Sure hope he wasn't there.

Best wishes to those folks.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Not sure if the links posted by other members talked about the shooting happening during an impromptu filming of a music video but here you go.

www.4029tv.com...

(post by aorAki removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
A great example of USA gun laws working their magic. Lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Does'nt surprise me, NO was a cesspool even before Katrina. I have absolutely no reason to want to go there. Well I did go there a few years ago because I friend of mine wanted to park his car in the ghetto and get it stolen so his insurance would pay it off lol!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Does'nt surprise me, NO was a cesspool even before Katrina. I have absolutely no reason to want to go there. Well I did go there a few years ago because I friend of mine wanted to park his car in the ghetto and get it stolen so his insurance would pay it off lol!

White collar crime, eh? Well, at least no one got killed

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Not to state the obvious, but it's little surprise this kind of thing happens when everyone is packing a firearm.

The only thing that surprises me is that it doesn't happen more often.
I'd bet good money that the people who were doing the shooting weren't carrying legally. So, they were in violation of the gun laws. Unfortunately criminals don't seem to pay too much attention to laws of any sort...

-dex

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I lived in the south for many years and stupid acts such as these in New Orleans came to become commonplace and didn't effect my calm as much as they did when I first went to the south.

I got tired of hearing about it from people and on the media after some time and moved north.

The weather is so much nicer in the south, but the cold of the north during part of the year keeps people inside and not shooting one another.

There is something wrong down there and it is all through the country below around the middle of North Carolina.

Must be that "Southern Way" crap people babble about all the time.

They can have it....

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

We are glad you are gone.

Don't come back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join