It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAX airport approves a private lounge for the rich

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have been saying for years that America is becoming an Aristocracy but no one wants to believe it. Well, here's some proof. Now if you live in Los Angeles and you're wealthy and you don't want to wait in line at the airport and go through security checks with the rest of us guess what? You no longer have to mingle with us commoners, you get your own airport entrance without the crowds and annoying security procedures and you get shuttled from your aristocrat lounge to and from your flight so you don't have to be demeaned by walking. What's next, special rich person access to congress where you can write the bills and bribe politicians? Oh wait...

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

America has been a plutocracy rather than an aristocracy...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It there money.

You get what you pay for.

Think those sorts of people are smug selfish arse holes, especially in Hollywood, but they have the right to spend there money as they see fit.

Only think I disagree with is bypassing security. Rich or poor they should be subjected to the normal TSA semi literate police drop outs abuse and customs inspections as the law should be applied EQUALY to all.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

This is a bad idea. It makes a terrorist's job easier. All of those evil, rich people in one place.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I guess they're paying for it. A Hollywood celebrity can create all kinds of havoc and hysteria just walking through a place. According to your article, a private celebrity-security company will build it and run it and it should bring revenue to the airport.

A private celebrity-security firm, Gavin de Becker & Associates, will build and run the lounge, which is expected to bring in $34 million for the airport over 10 years, and help pay for a major airport expansion, which includes a project to connect the airport to the region’s rail system.

Win-Win. And at the same time, the Hollywood uppities don't have to rub shoulders with us everyday riff-raff.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What is the big deal? They are paying for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

It there money.

You get what you pay for.

Think those sorts of people are smug selfish arse holes, especially in Hollywood, but they have the right to spend there money as they see fit.

Only think I disagree with is bypassing security. Rich or poor they should be subjected to the normal TSA semi literate police drop outs abuse and customs inspections as the law should be applied EQUALY to all.

Wait in the same line as we do too.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sorry, but I rather like it?

In this world, you get what you pay for.

Having spent a lifetime in airports I think this is awesome. Sure it could be looked upon as a little rich, but it beats having to stand for hours with complainers and over weighters.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
so?

you can use it too.

your op sounds like a sissy rant cuz you can't afford it..

"It also must make all necessary arrangements with airlines, the federal Transportation Security Administration and U.S. Customs and Border Protection."

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's more of a loyalty rewards scheme, I've been in the lounge numerous times, we have them here in Australia, I get priority check in free food and booze!
I'm not rich I just travel a lot for work, if you do numerous trips with an airline you get treated to their lounge card and all the benefits.

ITS NOT JUST FOR THE RICH, but they recently put a dress code on because of all the FIFO workers.

Qantas' decision to enforce the "smart casual" dress code more strictly in its main capital city lounges has led to complaints from passengers refused entry for wearing thongs - including designer leather ones that had not been on the airline's initial list of banned clothing.

edit on 22-11-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So in other words you can't afford it so it is a bad thing..

Almost all airlines is a special lounges for frequent fliers..are those as equally as bad?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
I'm not rich I just travel a lot for work, if you do numerous trips with an airline you get treated to their lounge card and all the benefits.

Same. I am a United member and at my home airport, Newark, I can go into the lounge, grab some free food and drinks and then walk out the back entrance where I can cut to the front of the TSA PreCheck lane.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
those lounges have been around for a while.....you can get into one with "airline reward points"

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
My mom worked for an airline at LAX in the 50s.

They had a private room for celebs and VIP then.

It's hardly a new thing.

Celebs in the general area causes extreme disruption and requires additional security. It's not just about them.

BTW --- Jayne Mansfield face was extremely cute.

edit on 22-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wow. What a total nightmare. A VIP entrance.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's hardly a new thing.

Yeah they have them at Heathrow , iv used them a few times when flying first.

Not really worth it though. Not much special in them to be honest except slightly more comfortable seats.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Annee

It's hardly a new thing.

Yeah they have them at Heathrow , iv used them a few times when flying first.

Not really worth it though. Not much special in them to be honest except slightly more comfortable seats.

Exactly. It was just a private room or lounge.

Sometimes the celebs would intentionally go out in the main lobby. It created a mess --- it was very disruptive.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The real question that should be asked.

Who and why is someone trying to blow this up into tabloid gossip?

It's a non story.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It sounds like it's an actual separate terminal and they're just calling it a lounge, but this is about the rich getting special rights. Pretty soon they'll have their own supermarkets, restaurants, courtrooms and everything else while the rest of us will be crowded in substandard facilities with migrants and refugees.

They used to call it discrimination, but I guess in America now that's fine as long as it's against working people in general and not just minorities.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
It sounds like it's an actual separate terminal and they're just calling it a lounge, but this is about the rich getting special rights.

You jealous?

You want to blame them for what you don't have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join