It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Media Terrorism Reporting and Promotion and Save Lives.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The MEDIA make money from the misery of others.Look at the parasites going on and on about Paris attacks.

What do they hope they achieve with these interviews? Bring back the dead?

They are promoting terrorism by giving them the OXYGEN OF PUBLICITY and profiting from it.

The wall to wall money making reporting can be replaced by a simple factual 40 second statement.No pictures or videos.

The MEDIA PROMOTE TERRORISM by giving them wall to wall free publicity 24/7 which is what the terrorists WANT and the media ORGANIZATIONS which are really businesses profiting of others people misery and misfortune making tons of money doing so.They should all be arrested for aiding and abetting terrorist.

Terrorism is a statistically completely irrelevant cause of death. 2014 was the most peaceful year in human history. Recently, only 0.9% of all deaths are violence related and there are indications this is on the decline. Life Expectancy is rising, Child Mortality is dropping and life seems to be moving on. Apart from Cancer, Heart, Lungs and stuff like Malaria, traffic is a big one we should be worried about, really. Having a staircase in one's house is, for instance, more dangerous than the notion of terrorism ever will be.

Now, here come the news outlets. Apart from all this "Educating and Informing The People", "Freedom of Speech" and "Checks and Balances" bull#, the press and media generally exist to make money. In some cases they even seem to exist for more Machiavellian purposes, but to make money is a biggie. So when something as statistically insignificant as a terror attack happens *Close By*, the news explodes. It's like a gigantic circle jerk in which everyone and their uncle needs to fill yards and yards of column space or air time to talk about What May Have Happened, Why It May Have Happened or What May Happen Next and Which Refugees To Treat Like # Because Of This.

So generally speaking, the Media seem to take events like this and add to the sense of fear that terrorists would have instilled in the citizenry. As such, I'm beginning to view the media as culpable in the problem of terrorism, because any wacko can get a world wide platform by misbehaving in an instant. Social media are even worse when it comes to knee jerk bull# and mass panic.Because these discussions are boringly predictable, polarised, fraught with no-fact-debates and generally just plain stupid.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

Great solution!! Ignore it even more...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The amount of irony in this thread is too damn high

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
News organisations no longer have a monopoly of news distribution.
And would social media be any less sensational, even without the profit motive?

edit on 22-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
News organisations no longer have a monopoly of news distribution.
And would social media be any less sensational, even without the profit motive?

Don't agree with that statement. Social media mostly runs on the headlines of the MSM.
It only gives the illusion we can carry/bring the story.

The world media is in the hands of a few. If you watch a lot of news during the day and on different channels it becomes evident.

BBC covers a story about fat kids, next week we get it down our throat. Same goes with Ebola or every other event.
CNN/BBC/RT they all recycle the same crap.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
Don't agree with that statement. Social media mostly runs on the headlines of the MSM.
It only gives the illusion we can carry/bring the story.

I was thinking of the crisis tweets etc which claim to be coming from someone-on-the-spot.
They would not go away, and they would give as much publicity as a commercial newsman with a camera, especially if the commercial news had been stifled.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You don't really understand the media, do you?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The MEDIA PROMOTE TERRORISM by giving them wall to wall free publicity 24/7 which is what the terrorists WANT and the media ORGANIZATIONS which are really businesses profiting of others people misery and misfortune making tons of money doing so.They should all be arrested for aiding and abetting terrorist.

This is the equivalent of; we should arrest every member of the medical community because they make money off the misery and suffering of their patients by spreading information about outbreaks of diseases and superbugs.

I think the media's operations today are unethical too but this OP is ridiculous.
edit on 22-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Do YOU really need to Drink the pain and suffering of others to get your daily fix of Entertainment because that is what it is for you?

You need to read my original post SLOWLY as you forgot all the details.

So what if 129 Parisians died from bullets.....20000 other people died on that day including 1500 White Americans from cancer and 800 from heart disease and 54 from suicide.I have to mention White American as these are the only deaths that count for the Media and for you.

www.applet-magic.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No, I read the news to find out what the hell is going on in this unpleasant and violent world of ours so that I am properly informed. By the way, I'm an insurance journalist. It's my job to write about what happens in the world in an informed and sober manner.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

AND,do you know what else is too high? the rent is too damn high!

edit on 22-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

i READ the news too.People like who claim to be journalists simply regurgitate what is put out by Reuters or some other corporate source.

I daresay i could make you write anything i want in my favor by giving you a free beer and buffet.

You haven't explained what is is gained by all the hours of videos and interviews by these "journalists" or other media whores.Does it bring back the dead back to life or stop further terrorist attacks? You are simply making money of these terrorists and responsible for all these deaths by giving terrorists the OXYGEN of publicity.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The propganda ISIS videos need to be released without them we would not have the public support for the illegal bombing of Syria..

1000s of isis twitter accounts taken down by anon the US government could have done that with a phone call.
TPB want this information released

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: championoftruth

i READ the news too.People like who claim to be journalists simply regurgitate what is put out by Reuters or some other corporate source.

I daresay i could make you write anything i want in my favor by giving you a free beer and buffet.

You haven't explained what is is gained by all the hours of videos and interviews by these "journalists" or other media whores.Does it bring back the dead back to life or stop further terrorist attacks? You are simply making money of these terrorists and responsible for all these deaths by giving terrorists the OXYGEN of publicity.

Well, I actually talk to people. Real people with real knowledge of insurance matters, as well as other matters. I've written about terrorism as a point in fact, as insurers are quite concerned about that. Analysis of the recent attacks actually does give us a better idea about the true level of risk. An objective glance at the facts is paramount. I note your choice of language by the way. You placed quote marks around the word journalist and then you mentioned 'media whores', which is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Do you know what I have been writing about? The reasons behind the attack, the facts about ISIS, whose beliefs are frankly apocalyptic and insane. We have to mention what happened, we have to inform people. I think that we need to tell more about the other people who die every day from all kinds of revolting violence, but when insane religious nutcases attack the City of Light, the capital of France, don't you think that people need to be informed? Enlightened?
You mention the oxygen of publicity - I prefer to think of it as the oxygen of pointing and laughing at a collection of lunatics.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's hardly a laughing matter when genocidal actions are being stimulated & promoted by the media for the benefit of the weak of mind..............& PROFITS!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: championoftruth

"We have to mention what happened, we have to inform people.."

What nonsense.

you can inform in 40 seconds.

just admit you are making tons of money and profiteering of others people suffering and helping to set up the THE NEXT SET OF TERROR VICTIMS by advertising the terrorist acts.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dont report current events and just imagine what the tin-foil group would do here with claims of "the man keeping info hidden"

You can't have it both ways, you can't want to be informed but only want it in small doses.

Going back to my opening line their are people here that come and post about how the "media has moved on to the next drama" if they feel a topic doesnt get enough coverage and exactly how are you supposed to cover a fluid situation like yesterday in 40 seconds?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto

It's hardly a laughing matter when genocidal actions are being stimulated & promoted by the media for the benefit of the weak of mind..............& PROFITS!

You are correct Supamoto .These Media people are jaded and have no feelings and the terrorist victims are just a lucrative source of money for them.

Just look at them interviewing bystanders with glee in their voices as they total up the $$$$$ from their piece to camera with their fake concern and sincerity.

They are The Gentle Vultures .Waiting and waiting to peck out the eyes of people.
edit on 3-12-2015 by championoftruth because: spelling.

edit on 3-12-2015 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

You are wrong again.

The tv is a source of entertainment and the news is entertainment too.No one would switch off.it's a drug.you can't get of drugs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join