It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police operation underway in downtown Brussels

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Nah man, not in the Capital of the EU. I'm thinking maybe a bomb or 2 not to serious; just enough to keep the masses in fear.
Actually I have no clue. They did find chemicals and syringes in Molenbeek...

EDIT: Getting Various tweets that the operation in Brussel is over.
High alert level 4 remains.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Belgianbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

originally posted by: stuthealien
to stop people reporting the truth ,is surpression off the truth and might cost someone there life

Or by relaying all the information to the terrorists via media, might cost someone's life.

I think the authorities know what they're doing. If they're using a media blackout or whatever it is they're doing, then it's for a good reason.

I seem to remember the coffee shop siege, the terrorists were watching the police on the news. I think they don't want that to happen again.

Exactly !

Posting police and troops movements on live TVs will just let the suspects know how to evade them.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It looks like the Terrorists are currently winning on the continent.

Authorities concerned enough to put a Capital City on lockdown, heavy Police/Military presence on the streets, citizens locked in buildings terrified.

Worrying times.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Authorities concerned enough to put a Capital City on lockdown, heavy Police/Military presence on the streets, citizens locked in buildings terrified.

Worrying times.

Well all the terrorists reading will appreciate your post "thanks"
They will never win..

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am 15 minutes out of Brussels and have lived a block from the Molenbeek neighbourhood for years (where several of the “terrorists” are from). A walk through that part of Brussels in the summer is like a walk in Marrakech.

But this “Brussels Lock Down” is total BS folks! Isn’t anyone reminded of the Boston bombings? Just like then, they are now supposedly hunting down one guy, although they later changed that to ten terrorists. Besides that, they are giving no details at all.

The sad part is this: I was at the local pub after work, and everyone there was watching the news on the big screen. It was the press conference our prime minister gave about the level 4 threat level. Most people in the pub were completely behind his idea of closing the schools, etc. They were saying things like “Yeah, that’s it! Belgium is making a stand and not playing along with all the bs!”…

Whoever can still not see that we are being screwed BIG time, once again, has not been paying attention. I don’t like to say that, but it is what it is.

Here’s a prediction: There will not be another major terrorist attack until, for whatever reason, public opinion needs to be swayed towards war.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

DING DING DING Common sense detected.
No but seriously this is pretty much whats gonna happen. Right after the Paris attack they changed the damn constitution.
Hollande said ' we're gonna send our Flagship to Syria " lets not mention the fact the ship was headed there a week before.
That aside, I'm interested in finding out how our laws in Belgium will change because of this.

I highly doubts there will be any terrorist attack in the EU capital.
Star for you.

EDIT : Agenda's aside and who's to blame and whatnot. Innocent people shouldn't be the ones to suffer. Be that muslims or the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen tonight, nor was it.

These several planned attacks, that have been gathered by intelligence causing lock down and fear, are simply ISIS members leaving messages for the intelligence services that are false and creates the sense of fear without having to even do anything.

Basically, ISIS are just sitting back and watching the news and social media and having a laugh about how they can bring cities to their knees, by crying wolf...
edit on 22-11-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Worrying times.

Well all the terrorists reading will appreciate your post "thanks"
They will never win..

The power of ATS, eh?

I'm sure the MSM's reporting on events in Europe is much more appreciated by all the terrorists.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Tv news just said it's over...
press conference in 15 minutes.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLaBelle

All I have is its over. No updates beyond that in over 40 minutes.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
bbc are reporting 6 arrested ,so why so much panic over 6

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Latest update :
6 Terrorists arrested
Salah Abdeslam got away

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Did you miss the shootout and suicide bombings in the last big police raid in Paris?

Might have something to do with it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Sounds like the making of a new boogeyman

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Press conference starting now will Edit with news.
There where 19 house searches.
Some in Chareleroi, some in Molebeek.
16 people where arrested.
No casualties, except for a vehicle who rammed the police.
No details can be revealed about the persons arrested.
No weapons or explosives where found.
Salah Abdeslam got away

That's about it.
And its over, short one.

The general consensus seems to be that the lack of weapons and explosives makes the Police think it isn't the terrorist cell they are looking for.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe weapons are held in other locations or hidden around the city, sure they had information about something to make the raid.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join