It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No cure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have to do a school research paper about a controversial issue. I have came here time to time to read and found the information very interesting. So i figured here would be the best place to get info. I am doing it on why and how there are no cures. I need facts, we all know the pharmaceutical companies make to much money off of patching up symptoms to cure anything, but i need specific things to. Like the pharmaceutical companies make so and so off of aids and cancer medication. Cures that work but are supressed. The link between government and pharmaceutical companies, stuff like that. Thanks for any help you can give me. Im off to google for now.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
For one thing (this has to do with diet but bear with me), if everyone started doing the low-carb diet, diabetes type 2 would plummet. I have relatives who are diabetics, and their doctors keep putting them on high carbohydrate, low fat diets.

The thing is, the higher your carb intake, the more insulin you need to put out. Pharmaceutical companies probably stand to lose a lot of money so I bet they're in cahoots with these doctors, nutritionists, etc., trying to say--falsely--that low-carb diets are dangerous. They tell you ketosis is dangerous. Now what is ketosis? That's where the body burns its stored fat--and isn't that why you diet in the first place?

I've noticed that cutting back carbs acts as a diuretic. The more insulin you have going in your system, the more sodium your body retains, the more water you retain. That's why a low-carb diet is good for lowering blood pressure.

BTW the idea behind Atkins is, start out doing no more than 20 grams per day for the first two weeks. Fiber is not included in the carb count. Week 3, do 25 grams per day, week 4 30 grams, and so on, until you start gaining or break even. That tells you what your level is.

Some people scream that the brain needs glucose. Actually, the brain benefits from ketosis. I can say from first-hand experience that while on Atkins I can think more clearly and have more energy.

Bottom line: People following a low-carb, high-fat diet are a threat to pharmaceutical companies' profit margin. Yes, high-fat is good for you (just not trans-fat). I have gained weight on low-fat diets. They don't work.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The reason they dont give every1 the cure for the common cold is because the tissue factories would lose money

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hmm ketosis?? No its the protein load on the kidneys that do the most damage IMHO.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmm ketosis?? No its the protein load on the kidneys that do the most damage IMHO.

The protein doesn't damage healthy kidneys, but if you have kidney problems BEFOREHAND, it can make it worse.

On top of that, it's pretty hard to really stuff yourself on pure protein. After say, four eggs, I'm stuffed and less hungry. But I can eat pasta all day long and not feel full.

I restarted Atkins this past Monday--or a modified version of it. I just eat things that are low-carb and drink water. Between that and exercising at Curves the past 2 days, I've already lost 4 pounds and I feel better already.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Oh come on, no one has any links, a well written report about this? anything?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Medicine is big business, it would not suprise me that cures are being withheld by some in this field (not to say all do). To say no cure is a term that angers me a lot of times.

Troy

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The point of my first post in this thread was to demonstrate that people don't give a flying you-know-what about others' health and well-being. It's all about the money.

Oh yeah, and I just lost 5.5 pounds since Sunday cutting back carbs and exercising at Curves.
And I feel better.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
No cures? Not true.

The killers of our past have been reduced or eliminated. Rabes is almost always fatal unless you get the shots. Gangrene and other infections can be cured by antibiotics. Headaches (and mild pain) can be cured by aspirin. Water retention (PMS, other factors) can be cured by diuretics. Tuburculosis can be cured. Black plague can be cured...

top topics

join