It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Muslim terrorist who fled Louisiana has been found in Washington, DC.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Great! So one of the unfortunate souls we refer to as Syrian refugees escaped Louisiana and disappeared into the countryside.
He has been found in Washington, DC. Imagine that! I’m sure he just wanted to catch a Skins game or browse the Smithsonian.
Upon further investigation it has been discovered that this poor underprivileged Muslim refugee was a terrorist as recently as 2013 working for the al-Nusra Front, one of the better organized Islamic terrorist organizations in the Middle East.

Missing Muslim terrorist who fled Louisiana has been found in Washington, DC.

After reading the article it made me ask myself if the U.S. government (possibly CIA) was behind this escapade. Terrorist have a plan.... putting terror in your lives and they can reach out and strike ANY country on this planet. Terrorism can be nothing more than ONE man or ONE woman or ONE juvenile with a bomb vest. You don't need an army to strike out and cause great damage ..... just a few handmade vest bombs strapped onto their bodies and placed in strategic locations shows no mercy and how far they are prepared to go.

We sure are living in dangerous times.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

No offense, but do you have a mainstream report on this?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

No offense, but do you have a mainstream report on this?

The MSM won't report until blood flows.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Another thread full of BS! I'm serious when I say this, this was part of David Vitter's campaign for governor, which he has since lost.

Catholic Charities: One Syrian immigrant briefly settled in Baton Rouge before moving; he never went missing

Baton Rouge received one Syrian refugee over the summer, a man Catholic Charities helped for a few days before he left to meet family in another state.

Catholic Charities said Tuesday the man is the only Syrian refugee they have helped recently, and Louisiana State Police confirmed he had left Baton Rouge for Washington, D.C.

But the news of that one man set off a flood of phone calls Tuesday to the organization, especially misinformation that made some people believe the man had gone missing, Catholic Charities Executive Director David Aguillard said.

One caller even made several threats while on the phone with Catholic Charities, especially against Syrian refugees. State Police said they are investigating the threats and take them seriously.

The Advocate

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I saw the title

"Missing Muslim terrorist who fled Louisiana has been found in Washington, DC."

And I thought, "I didn't know Valarie Jarrett was from Louisiana!

Seriously? This is what Obama wants. This is what government wants. They want us afraid. They want us defenseless. They want us cowering.

Then they can save us.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There was no terrorist. There was no missing refugee. This was a lie.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

First of all, why is he a terrorist? Is it because his skin is brown and he's possibly a Muslim? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Second, refugees in America are supposed to be watched? Are they supposed to check in with authorities, like a parolee?

Catholic Charities helped Syrian refugee in Baton Rouge

"We're at the receiving end," Executive Director of Catholic Charities, Chad Aguillard said. "We receive them, we welcome them into our community and help them resettle. There has been a lot of commotion and fear with Syrians. The fear is justified, but we have to check that against reality."

As Catholic Charities continues to work with those less fortunate, the organization says it has helped refugees since the Vietnam War. It plans to continue to help refugees no matter where they are from.

"If we see anything suspicious, we are going to report it," Aguillard said. "We work with FBI, Homeland Security and do what we need to do to safeguard our community."

edit on 22-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

LOL! People spreading fear... Who does that, again? Oh, yeah! TERRORISTS! LOL!

The Louisiana State Police sought to separate out fact from fiction for residents in a Facebook post Thursday "after rumors and misinformation began to run rampant and fear began to spread" about the state's refugee resettlement program. State Police Col. Mike Edmonson wrote that he had spoken personally with a representative from Baton Rouge's chapter of Catholic Charities, which works with the State Department to place refugees in Louisiana.

"We quickly learned that the refugee placed in Baton Rouge was relocated through official channels to the Washington D.C. area," Edmonson wrote.

The Baton Rouge refugee was one of just 14 Syrians confirmed by the State Department to have relocated to Louisiana since Jan. 1, according to The New Orleans Times-Picayune. Officials with Catholic Charities told The Baton Rouge Advocate that the refugee, who records show arrived in the U.S. between June and July, stayed in the city for just a few days before traveling to Washington, D.C. to be with family. The man submitted the required paperwork to the federal government before relocating, the officials said.

Vitter's Runoff Election "Hail Mary"

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Refugees aren't watched per se, I don't think but they are supposed to notify their sponsors if they move or travel... if they are found to have done either without reporting in they can be deported. However the man these bastards are claiming was a missing terrorist, did report to his sponsor, Catholic Charities, that he was moving to Washington DC to join family living there. His location was never not known.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
WBRZ Channel 2 Baton Rouge

This is the only mainstream news source I could find referencing Washington DC. The article does not state that the refugee "has been found", it states that he said he was headed to Washington DC and it is not their policy to track them after that.

I agree. It is DHS and/or INS job to track them. The feds ought to be working closely with the charities to ensure that this happens.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

Sponsors do work closely with and report to DHS and the FBI.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, my gosh! If he TOLD them where he was going (Washington DC of all places) then case closed. What else do we need?! Catholic Charities---off the hook. They got their government grant money, filled out the necessary paperwork, and put the onus on our government....and we know how great the government is at keeping track of people entering our country.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

How come this one man is such a big deal? Are people aware of the millions of refugees in this country already and do they care about their whereabouts at all times?

Refugees get screened via the UN first, then are on a two year waiting list while they are vetted from US intelligence agencies. Once they enter the US they aren't allowed to work for a year and are given gov't assistance. After one year they are allowed to work.

Thanks to the US involvement in constantly destabilizing the Middle East we have refugees from all over the ME so how come no one was crying terrorist are sneaking as refugees in until now? That's because conservatives haven't played their bigotry card until after the Paris attacks and the MSM rolls with it to fulfill more hate agendas.

USA, relocating Middle Eastern refugees to the states since 2001 in record numbers and no one cared.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
When the economy is weak the people become fearful for their livelihood...and so any new threat deemed worthy of terror will get front page exposure.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

....but World Nut Daily and Breitbart said so...so it must be true!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
LOL at powderedwigsociety.com.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Nusra front I guess was one of the recipients of CIA support some time ago. And as it happens, those guns and guys were passed over to ISIS - and - who became then poor refugees - Thanks to good ol Sam, the chap is now safe and well in US. Went to give thanks to Abe & co at DC.

No problem there.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Terrorism can be nothing more than ONE man or ONE woman or ONE juvenile with a bomb vest.

Or one man telling a lie - or one person, propagating that lie... Spreading fear is terrorism. Especially when it's unfounded.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He did not leave to go there. He was transferred. Ok...but why should there NOT be a flag or warning for him or any other refugee from an active ME hotspot with all that is going on? People are acting like this is 1860 and people are immigrating to head West and start a new life. This is not the case. There are some bad people just like there are bad cops or simply bad people in the US.

99% of them, I am sure, are legit. But the less than 1%? That is the worry and it should be. How did the 9/11 hijackers get into the country? Legal student VISA's and then fell off the radar. This is the same situation. People arriving and then falling of the radar.

We are 14 years on from 9/11 and again, just like in the 8 years of Clinton, we are lax again. The 93 bombing taught our intel agencies nothing and posturing caused 9/11. ALL of the evidence was there and it was not that it was ignored, it was not able to get to the correct people.

We need another Ellis Island. If someone wants to enter this country there should be a 7 day waiting period ( i have to wait three days for a handgun, right?) and they should be cleared. If they are not, they should then be afforded 30 days to get proof or do a more extensive search. If they cannot do that then deport them. It would cost less than giving them all free housing, subsidies, and medicaid. Place those who are cleared and they have a chance at citizenship.

We need one on the East Coast, the northern border, the southern border and out West. It is no longer fair to those who immigrated legally.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
If someone wants to enter this country there should be a 7 day waiting period

Do you know the process for a refugee to enter the US? It takes a LOT longer than 7 days! LOL!

Entering the US as a Refugee Would be the HARDEST Way for a Would-be Terrorist

Refugees must undergo an 18- to 24-month screening process, minimum, that the United Nations' refugee arm oversees. And that's before individual countries even begin to consider a refugee's application and conduct their own additional interviews and background checks.

Refugees also have their retinas scanned and have their fingerprints lifted.

After a rigorous screening process and several interviews carried out by the U.N. refugee agency, refugees the U.S. agrees to consider for resettlement have to undergo an additional interview, medical evaluation and security screening.

According to one U.S. government official, there's an additional layer of vetting that's specific to Syrian applicants, including special briefings for interviewers and information from the U.S. intelligence community.

The security screening involves checks against several government agencies' databases and terrorist watch lists using biographic and biometric information. It's a process Mark Toner, a State Department spokesman, recently called "the most stringent security process for anyone entering the United States."

And Syrian refugees get an additional, more targeted layer of screening involving the U.S. Intelligence agency, according to a government official.

And you'd let them in after 7 days???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join