It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The discussion, on how to deal with a religious problem.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The interesting thing about this discussion is that I agree with all the statements made by every person on the panel, so why is this an argument in western society, it seems like it is such an emotional subject that people can't sit down and discuss it rationally.

Even though that Canadian politician seems to be very stubborn I know exactly what she is saying and why. I also agree with Bill the percentages don't lie and it's a very big number.

But I will say the moderate Muslims maybe don't understand that in the wake of Paris they need to really step up, if they don't, in time they are going to be branded as part of the problem too, look at what happened at the UN this week.

The United Nations has called the states to fight “a global and unprecedented threat to international peace and security” which is Islamic State (IS, ISIS/ISIL, Da’esh). All 15 members of the UN Security Council voted to adopt the French-proposed resolution.
The resolution “calls upon member states that have the capacity to do so to take all necessary measures ... on the territory under the control of ISIL ... in Syria and Iraq.”

IS “constitutes a global and unprecedented threat to international peace and security,” the resolution says.

So if you feed and house the radicals or give them money, even if you just suspect they are up to no good, in time those people will be a target too, I fear they just don't understand this.
Or even more scary they actually do understand, but then they aren't really moderates either, are they?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What are the moderates supposed to do? They're already speaking out against ISIS and what they're doing. Are they supposed to do more than any other person of a different faith or belief? Most moderate Muslims don't have the means to go out on the battlefield and fight them face to face, so what more can they do other than to speak out against them?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not suggesting they arm themselves and go to the middle east to fight against that.
Do you see active counter protests, like other religious/political issues ?
We need an Islamic type Martin Luther King from the moderates to lead a movement against radicals within Islam.
And that person my already be out there, but they don't have a significant following.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
You may find this thread by Bluesma insightful.

I really appreciate his thread and the first hand experience from a real person. Not the propaganda spewed by the MSM.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It really helped me to understand the dynamics involved. Its complicated.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

in time those people will be a target too, I fear they just don't understand this.
Or even more scary they actually do understand, but then they aren't really moderates either, are they?

That creeping logic is primarily why the Allies razed whole cities to the ground in World War II.

Wars never begin this way, people think they won't be targeted because they aren't 'combatants'.

Then Paris… now begin the massive reprisals.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not suggesting they arm themselves and go to the middle east to fight against that.

Do you see active counter protests, like other religious/political issues ?

We need an Islamic type Martin Luther King from the moderates to lead a movement against radicals within Islam.

And that person my already be out there, but they don't have a significant following.
that doesnt work in a theocracy.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So you want them on the street protesting? What streets? The Middle East is a war zone, not a very good idea to get out on the streets by the thousands and protest with ISIS right next door. If you mean in America, what would that accomplish when ISIS is in the ME?

They have social media for protesting and many are speaking out against ISIS there. Not sure what more you expect from them.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Very interesting, it is a complex subject, for sure.

It seems that the French were tolerating it and look were it has got them.
In the thread it was brought out that these people are like a step child that was treated very well by there step parents.
I will take it one further, that step child just abused the parents biological daughter, and the game has changed.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Basically, there needs to be separation and marginalization of the radical elements.

If you're a Christian, you know and recognize the signs of "those" churches and pretty much everyone avoids them. They are isolated and get smaller over time. If something wonky or criminal or hateful comes out of that church or congregation, most everyone takes a giant step back from them because we all saw potential trouble coming long ago and were hoping it died before it got to that extreme.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

wayward churches that disgrace the name of judaism should be taken to task instead of being studiously ignored like a squalling toddler on the airplane.
edit on 22-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Never miss Bill Mahar's show...

I think personally we should get the hell out of the middle east and let them take care of their own issues...

Maintain the bases we have there because of course there are tons of them, and let people go to those protected areas if they finally had enough of the laws they're trying to enforce

IF they want their sharia law, let them have it... but give people a safe way out if possible

My 2 cents

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So if you feed and house the radicals or give them money, even if you just suspect they are up to no good, in time those people will be a target too, I fear they just don't understand this. Or even more scary they actually do understand, but then they aren't really moderates either, are they?

I do not understand this mad American love for Muslims. Tell me just what is this good and moderate and radical thing that has most peoples minds twisted into a pretzel. When did we get good and moderate and bad ideology out of one book called their Quran? The Muslims have only one ideology and one rule book for all Muslims regardless of their differences of who their boss is or came from. Muhammad is the rule book and the radicals are simply reading the same Quran as all Muslims read and acting upon the rules in that book.

Do you actually believe that when your good Muslim become the vast majority that some how He/She will still be your good Muslim? You are a fool to believe that. The good Muslim is a good Muslim only when the odds are against them and they use the sanctuary of fools to feed, educate and cloth them till they become the fools masters. There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim or a good Muslim or a radical Muslim. All are of one book and all of the same ideology. Don't follow the rules you lose your head.

A Muslim does not pick and choose verses from the Quran and create denominations such as Christians do. They are not allowed to do this with harsh penalties overshadowing their every thought. Even as they kill each other the same ideology prevails and that is why they are insane and of a filthy minded ideology.

Why are they for the most part silent? Simple. They can't march or protest against their own Quran. What would be the subject matter to protest when the Quran agrees with the head hunters. Muhammad is their papa and they all read from papa's book and they all believe papa's book. King marched against the very things that Jesus died for and he believed and died for Jesus' ideology. But the Muslims would have to march and die for the same Quran that the butchers use an excuse to butcher. Go figure. The Quran would have to be changed or a new ideology would have to be born by the Muslims.
Your good and bad Muslim is about the same as good and bad cop thingy.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Hmmm, I think you are mixing up western moderates with Saudi Arabian moderates.
A third generation american moderate Muslim is way different than the most moderate Saudi, environment plays a part too.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Hmmm, I think you are mixing up western moderates with Saudi Arabian moderates. A third generation american moderate Muslim is way different than the most moderate Saudi, environment plays a part too.

Makes no difference whether it's the Wahhabism of the Saudies or the Sunni against the Shia. All are of the same ideology and read from the same source. They all have papa Muhammad's book of life and afterlife. All the rest is smoke and mirrors in their own power struggle on who is the boss of the gang. All said and done, remember the Iran/Iraq war of over eight years.

If the entire world would bow its back to Islam and the universal sharia law became the master, it would not solve a thing. They are unto themselves a filthy gang of murderers who would then eat themselves. Environment has no effect upon the Quran. It reads the same in Iran as it does here in America. Simply because the Muslims are now a quite minority here in parts of America means nothing. France once had the same foolish idea that free stuff would buy their allegiance just as the United States fools believe the same. Look at France and now look at America. Both are torn apart by the same philosophy of giving free stuff and gain a friend. The freebie philosophy does not work and as proof simply study the South Africans.

top topics

join