It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

...So therein lies my issue. I have no problems with Muslims practicing their faith, but I have a problem with them pushing their message over a loud speaker 5 times a day!

AGREE to that

I also detest those GOD SQUAD , door-to-door, evangelists...pressing my doorbell...
what does the sign NO Soliciting mean...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
This should interesting.

Religious Sound Mapping In The Mid West.

Would you address the fact that your initial post contains several misleading if not mistaken elements?

To wit, it's not a matter of anything that has happened recently, the ordinances were changed by a vote of the populace, the Town Council is not "majority Muslim" et. al.?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

IMO, it is imperative to control and limit immigration.....that is, if you want to maintain the culture. Now, if you want to fundamentally transform our culture, then let the borders flow openly and don't put real limits on who you bring in.

I'm sure the Native Americans felt the same way ....

PS: Many States have differing levels of "blue laws" which dictate what businesses can and can't do in terms of respect for religious stuff. It's not just MI, and it's not just about mosques.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

I object to pushing Islam on America. If you don't then you're too stupid to live and don't expect any sympathy when they cut your head off for not following their extremism.

Hmmmm... Whelp for starters I am MUSLIM .

The latest poll i read was their was around 1.5 billion muslims .. Extremists made up a very very small percent of that.

But don't you worry fella if they come to the USA to cut anyones head of rest assure THIS Muslim will lay down my life to prevent them from doing that. Why because i practice true Islam and not some evil twisted version of it.

And i do it in America. Because i am American and Muslim.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Flatfish

Not for nothing, Muslims revere Prophet Isa (Jesus)in importance just a bit less than Prophet Muhammad, as I understand the jargon. They believe in the Second Coming, etc. etc.

I feel like we're getting a little off topic here but, that's what I thought.

Like I said, I'm no religious expert but it's always been my understanding that Muslims hold Jesus in pretty high regard.

It's also been my understanding that it's the Jews who don't believe that Jesus was the son of God, nor do they believe in the second coming. I could be wrong, but I thought they still waiting on the first coming.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This should interesting.

Would you address the fact that your initial post contains several misleading if not mistaken elements?

To wit, it's not a matter of anything that has happened recently, the ordinances were changed by a vote of the populace, the Town Council is not "majority Muslim" et. al.?

Where do you get your info from.

Hamtranck Town Council

This is the adhan from 2013 in Hamtranck.

Adhan in Hamtranck 2013
edit on 22-11-2015 by sirlancelot because: added info

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

IMO, it is imperative to control and limit immigration.....that is, if you want to maintain the culture. Now, if you want to fundamentally transform our culture, then let the borders flow openly and don't put real limits on who you bring in.

I'm sure the Native Americans felt the same way ....

PS: Many States have differing levels of "blue laws" which dictate what businesses can and can't do in terms of respect for religious stuff. It's not just MI, and it's not just about mosques.

Exactly. Too bad for those Native Americans. They should have had better immigration policies....maybe even built a wall.
See what happens? Once you lose it, you 'ain't gonna' get it back! Let that be a lesson.

BTW...I hate "blue laws"!! They are ridiculous. In some places, you can't even buy beer in the grocery stores before noon on Sundays! Nevermind that the BBQ with friends starts at 1:00 and you're trying to get everything together, and ...oops!..."you can't buy that for 45 more minutes"!!!

Vote in your local elections.
edit on 22-11-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Not for nothing, Muslims revere Prophet Isa (Jesus)in importance just a bit less than Prophet Muhammad, as I understand the jargon. They believe in the Second Coming, etc. etc.

Like I said, I'm no religious expert but it's always been my understanding that Muslims hold Jesus in pretty high regard.

It's also been my understanding that it's the Jews who don't believe that Jesus was the son of God, nor do they believe in the second coming. I could be wrong, but I thought they still waiting on the first coming.

Muslim here.

That is correct. We do hold isa (jesus) in high reguard pece and blessing be upon him. The only separation in belief is that we believe he was prophet of god and not the "son of god" or an exstention of god him self.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

link   

It's as on topic as anything else here. I'm non-religious, although I do support some religious groups charitably.

If I were a betting man though, as Islam actually incorporates God, Moses and Jesus ...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

In the town I grew up in, church bells would chime in the evening. I loved it. Then the city ordinances stopped it for some reason that I can't recall now.

Laws and ordinances can be changed. As the makeup of the leadership of those local governments change, the laws and ordinances will change. Same with State and Federal governments. Even the Constitution can be amended!!

Business owners within 500 feet of one of Hamtramck’s four mosques can’t obtain a liquor license, she complained, a notable development in a place that flouted Prohibition-era laws by openly operating bars. The restrictions could thwart efforts to create an entertainment hub downtown, said the pro-commerce mayor.

Vote.

Laws about how far a bar or liquor store must be from a church have the around forever. Now because it's a mosque and not a church it's a thing? Or are you saying that they're antiquated in all cases. I'd guess the former.

ETA; I would assume that the same law in that town covers proximity to all places of worship as well as schools. And that the mosques were there before the business was moved in/trying to obtain a license, in which case, the business owner's real estate agent or attorney should have known that.

It's almost certain the mosque didn't move in and then licenses were removed from established businesses.
edit on 11/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Vote in your local elections.

No issue with that at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Laws about how far a bar or liquor store must be from a church have the around forever. Now because it's a mosque and not a church it's a thing? Or are you saying that they're antiquated in all cases. I'd guess the former.

Hell, Bergen County, New Jersey, which is right across from Manhattan, still has Sunday blue laws where all retail establishments are closed.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This should interesting.

Hamtranck Town Council

Adhan in Hamtranck 2013

I linked my information from the Hamtramck Government website itself. Apparently they have not updated their material with the election on November 6, 2015.

Now ... why don't you square that what you're claiming happened in 2015 actually happened in 2004.

Yes, there are still Calls to Prayer as demonstrated in your vids from 2009 and 2013. But the vote regarding them didn't happen "recently" and it certainly didn't happen consequent to a majority of Muslims being elected to the Hamtramck council.

I think you owe us a retraction at least.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yep. Grew up around there. And to be honest, we worked around it. Just like we do Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. Ha.

We couldn't buy beer or wine on a Sunday here in Atlanta until a couple of years ago either. That was a pain, but you adjust. Some counties around the country are still entirely dry too. But people work around that too and brew their own shine. Haha.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yep. Grew up around there. And to be honest, we worked around it. Just like we do Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. Ha.

Yeah, they all end up at Willowbrook or Short Hills.

We couldn't buy beer or wine on a Sunday here in Atlanta until a couple of years ago either. That was a pain, but you adjust. Some counties around the country are still entirely dry too. But people work around that too and brew their own shine. Haha.

I think the most ironic ones are the counties in Tennessee where they distill Bourbon but you cannot even buy it at the factory.

Thank you religion, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

One time I was playing the song Gortoz a Ran in my car and some dude at a traffic light yelled at me for being a terrorist supporter (and no, I have no Coexist or any other bumper stickers on my car).

If you don't know, the song was used in the film Black Hawk Down, and sounds a bit Middle Eastern-ish but is actually sung by a Frenchman and Australian woman in the French Celtic language Breton.

Now that was a funny.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Flatfish

Muslim here.

That is correct. We do hold isa (jesus) in high reguard pece and blessing be upon him. The only separation in belief is that we believe he was prophet of god and not the "son of god" or an exstention of god him self.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This should interesting.

Hamtranck Town Council

Adhan in Hamtranck 2013

I linked my information from the Hamtramck Government website itself. Apparently they have not updated their material with the election on November 6, 2015.

Now ... why don't you square that what you're claiming happened in 2015 actually happened in 2004.

Yes, there are still Calls to Prayer as demonstrated in your vids from 2009 and 2013. But the vote regarding them didn't happen "recently" and it certainly didn't happen consequent to a majority of Muslims being elected to the Hamtramck council.

I think you owe us a retraction at least.

Don't think so. Re read it. I gave readers a little depth regarding the community and recent changes. I did not state one had anything to do with the other. Perhaps you inferred that conclusion!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Church bells do not articulate "God is great" and "there is no God but Allah".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join