It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

No, practice your religion privately

What about the rights of Atheists? What about the rights of Christians, Buddhists and Hindus? None of us want to hear a call to prayer once during the day, never mind 5 x. News flash, America isn't a Muslim country. Oy Vey.
edit on 22-11-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't see an issue with this, but I'm sure anyone enterprising could create an app (calling people to prayer) so no one would get upset.

Free expression means free expression for everyone.

Ok so under the auspice of free expression why is this happening to those of christian faith?

Christmas Carols Banned

Christmas is just once per year yet the celbration is banned while the Adhan is 365 day, 5 times per day! Double standard if you ask me.

You can't justify an inhibition of free expression by using an inhibition of free expression as an example.

Banning Christmas carols is stupid and narrow minded. But banning a call to prayer is. . . . . ?

It's a double standard. I think that's the point

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: UnBreakable

Is someone complaining? Are they following local noise ordinances? If so, what's the problem with this? Whose freedoms are being curtailed?

You're the one who asked about the 6 AM time with a source.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

If it's really unbearable I imagine the neighborhood will work it out

Your not even a muslim why are you even defending this? Makes no sense!

I've lived next to bikers. Good folks - Friday and Saturday nights were a trip - especially since they often lasted until 4 A.M.

7:00 in the morning is legal here for lawn mowers - always a treat. Same time for roofers, street sweepers, garbage trucks - there's a weekend street festival a few blocks from here every weekend in the summer, concerts in the park...

Kids, cat fights, dogs barking, birds chirping ( I got busted for having a birdfeeder at my last place. Finches and sparrows apparently really piss people off)

I live blocks from an interstate at the moment - this would be like a gift

It's called life - when did everything become so boring and so sterile - so mean?

Oh I'm sure with a Muslim majority in the town council those complaints would go far!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Can you quote where I said "because you don't live there you shouldn't care"? No? Of course not, that's not what I said.

You conflated beheading and the call to prayer. You know this. Trying to wriggle out of your words again.

Of course there are non-Muslims who understand Arabic. Again, wriggle wriggle. You don't understand it, if you were walking down the street YOU would not hear ""god is great" and so your supposed conflict doesn't exist.

As far as "what I believe" I'll be specific again (although I'm sure you'll rephrase): this Call to Prayer, in these places, was a) not at illegal sound levels and b) was brought before the voters and approved anyway, c) was resolved 6- 11 years ago and has been dredged up by the OP who wishes to falsely equate this to the imagined "war on Christmas."

There's nothing illegal going on, and matter has been resolved both by local council and by the will of the people. No one's religious rights are being restricted or overrun. We've had someone who lives and works in this specific area at this current time tell us that these Calls are rarely heard, and when they are, it is not at an intrusive level.

Everything claimed in the OP is inaccurate. You're just picking at nits.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

Yup, loud and obnoxiously in a foreign land dominating the majority with it.

I want it all outlawed and our culture protected and our borders closed.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

What about the rights of Atheists? What about the rights of Christians, Buddhists and Hindus? None of us want to hear a call to prayer once during the day, never mind 5 x. News flash, America isn't a Muslim country. Oy Vey.

More than that, I don't want to have traffic stopped on a public road so that attendees at Sunday services can be given preferential treatment to exit their parking lot by both on-duty and off-duty police personnel, but it happens, and I accept it.

I don't want to have to see words of "Christian wisdom" plastered on street-signs at almost every block I pass in the city, but it happens, and I accept it.

I don't like hearing the most ludicrous and extreme lies being presented on television, radio, cable, the internet, etc. in the name of various religions, to the point that some people choose prayer over medicine and donation over putting food on their family's table or throw their kids out in the street because they are different ... but I have to accept that too.

In short, my rights end where yours begin and vice-versa, live and let live, etc. And no, I wouldn't find the Call to Prayer one whit less irritating than hearing damned church-bells or having fools knocking on my door peddling nonsense ... and, probably after filing my grievances in the appropriate forum, I would accept that too.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling and other corrections

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure with a Muslim majority in the town council those complaints would go far!

A Muslim majority of 16 days, right? Not 11 years as you misrepresented in your OP?

Complaints will likely be dealt with in the same legal manner they have been for years as this "Muslim majority" is still made up of American citizens. Being Muslim doesn't disqualify anyone from being American, no matter how much some would like for it to.

If not, they'll be taken to court. This is another reason to continue to observe the traditional separation between church and state in our country which of course, you're actually arguing to diminish here with your carping about Christmas.

If Christians, Buddhists, Wiccans or Muslims want to amplify their nonsense within legal limits in Michigan ... they can. We have freedom of religion (and freedom from it) in this country. We have to find a balance between free exercise and no establishment.

You don't live in Michigan as you've admitted. We've heard from someone who does who states clearly that your exaggerations are BS.

Why can't you admit that you misrepresented the issue? Why not just say that you're fine with the establishment of religion, as long as it's Christian?
edit on 22-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In fact, I stated the exact opposite above several times. I would not be "fine" with it if I lived there, but I don't.

Neither does OP. Presumably neither do you.

Mysterioustranger does, and stated clearly that this was not the incessant noise being cried about here.

You're fine with it because you don't live there. Apply that logic to any other situation, and you might realize how stupid it sounds.

The prayers preachig allah is great and the one true God ring out throughout public streets and neighborhoods, and people have to accept it no matter what their faith, and you're fine with it. If that's what you're telling me I will accept it. I only hope to see that standard applied to more than just the religions you approve of.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: FlySolo

More than that, I don't want to have traffic stopped on a public road so that attendees at Sunday services can be given preferential treatment to exit their parking lot by both on-duty and off-duty police personnel, but it happens, and I accept it.

I don't want to have to see words of "Christian wisdom" plastered on street-signs at almost every block I pass in the city, but it happens, and I accept it.

I don't like hearing the most ludicrous and extreme lies being presented on television, radio, cable, the internet, etc. in the name of various religions, to the point that some people choose prayer over medicine and donation over putting food on their family's table or throw their kids out in the street because they are different ... but I have to accept that too.

In short, my rights end where yours begin and vice-versa, live and let live, etc. And no, I wouldn't find the Call to Prayer one whit less irritating than hearing damned church-bells or having fools knocking on my door peddling nonsense ... and, probably after filing my grievances in the appropriate forum, I would accept that too.

Ok first of all your comprehension skills are lacking because I never said the adhan was as a result of the new muslim majority, did I? You took it that way and that's your mistake.

It goes without saying we all deal with things we dont like about the faith of others! Since you brought this up let me share what I don't like about the muslim faith:

I don't like it's ok to beat women
I don't like the quran says you should throw gays of the mountain. (no Im not gay)
I don't like muslim hijacked a few planes and killed 3000 americans in the name of allah
I don't like people's head getting cut off because they are "infidels"
I don't like Swedens woman are getting raped by Muslim and even more the PC govt covers it up.

Most of all I don't like the thought that my beautiful 8 year old daughter could become a victim, statistic, and anything of the sort of the change we are seeing here in America.

The adhan in America which is what this post is about is just the beginning of what Muslims and there ideology affect across the world.

You want honesty? Here is my honesty:

The religious component is a beard for all of the other components. Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious rights.
When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious rights, some of the other components tend to creep in as well. Here's how it works.
As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens.

This is the case in:
United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
This is happening in:
Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply.
This is occurring in:
France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- Muslim 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam, and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam.
Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections, in:
Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:
Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:
Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.
It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts nor schools nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
originally posted by: Unity_99

I want it all outlawed and our culture protected and our borders closed.

Aren't you Canadian?

edit on 22-11-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm not fine with anything because I "don't live there" what utter nonsense.

I've stated my position clearly and repeatedly, I just stated it again a few posts ago.

EDIT: For convenience's sake:

originally posted by: Gryphon66

As far as "what I believe" I'll be specific again (although I'm sure you'll rephrase): this Call to Prayer, in these places, was a) not at illegal sound levels and b) was brought before the voters and approved anyway, c) was resolved 6- 11 years ago and has been dredged up by the OP who wishes to falsely equate this to the imagined "war on Christmas."

No one "has to accept" anything. How absurd! I don't have to accept Jesus just because I hear about him. I don't have to accept Donald Trump, for example, because almost every TV in public spaces in Georgia is set on blaring Fox News permanently.

I'm "fine with" our Constitutional freedom of religion in this country. Freedom of, freedom from, etc.

Bark up another tree.
edit on 22-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Here's the first thing you say in your first post about "Islam Call to Prayer" ...

Recently a town in Hamtrack, MI voted the first muslim majority city council into office. For a century this town was of heavy Polish heritage and of Catholic faith.

Who cares what you don't like about the Muslim faith? Who cares what I don't like about any faith? Why don't you title your thread "what I don't like about Islam" ... at least that would smack of a tiny bit of honesty?

You built a thread around claiming that the Muslim Call to Prayer in two American towns (approved by VOTERS in those towns over 10 years ago) is somehow discriminatory in light of how you want Christian imagery to be treated by government facilities on public lands.

The two cases are absolutely unrelated and that's been demonstrated to you time and time again.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hamtramack....I'm sure it's been addressed already.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I like the call to prayer and songs.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

What they are doing is pushing religion, and forcing everyone in hearing to listen to Muslim calls to prayer. Unless Christian prayers are also broadcast several times a day, this is clearly biased. Anyone claiming otherwise is either not paying attention, or isn't being honest.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

More and more we are seeing Xmas and holidays that are associated with it being censored, muted, or banned in some parts of our country under the premise of not to offend other's, yet 5 times a day this Call to prayer is blasted where everyone in town can hear it.

Why are you then helping to perpetuate it by writing/referring to it as "Xmas"?

Its CHRISTmas...

edit on 23-11-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I must admit the call to prayer us on quite lovely to listen to.
Better then church bells bonging every quarter of an hour.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I didn't realize Christmas was illegal anywhere in the USA. I'll just call B.S. on that right now. As for the call to prayer...as far as I remember, church bells ring at specific times, too. As part of your "proof" that Christmas is banned you linked a site talking about an atheist protest. No, I didn't read it...because it has nothing to do with your complaint about Muslims. You are complaining about the Muslim call to prayer and give us a link to atheist protests. Give me links showing how the Muslim call to prayer interferes with your ability to worship or otherwise live your life.
The whole complain about the call to prayer thing reminds me of people b1tching about gays. It doesn't affect you or anyone but those concerned.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

What they are doing is pushing religion, and forcing everyone in hearing to listen to Muslim calls to prayer. Unless Christian prayers are also broadcast several times a day, this is clearly biased. Anyone claiming otherwise is either not paying attention, or isn't being honest.

No one forces you to listen - invest in some headphones or turn your TV up. Or just listen to it and enjoy what's called "diversity." Does listening to the call to prayer make you question your beliefs and think of becoming Muslim? "Forcing everyone to listen" - as if that were actually a bad thing to hear people being called to worship. If you don't agree with freedom of religion, feel free to leave the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join