It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Baghdad 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

This is an awesome mini documentary about what life is in Baghdad in 2015, I will admit it made me a little emotional watching it. You would think that these people would be full of hatred and bitter that their country was destroyed by a pointless war. But it makes you realize that we all have more in common than we realize.

It's a shame that we here in the U.S. and in Europe are grouping these people with the same type of scum that blow themselves up and massacre scores of people around the globe.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

To learn from the Iraqi's: If you are caught up in a traffic jam, get out of the car and dance on the street!

This made me smile to see the activity and sad to hear the narrative. Such beautiful children. S&F

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

It's a shame that we here in the U.S. and in Europe are grouping these people with the same type of scum that blow themselves up and massacre scores of people around the globe.

The result of a "privileged" nationalist Media and mind .

As a Muslim my self this is the world i see and get to experence with other Muslims. But the picture painted over here in the west tells a story of barbarians and backwards people. Couldn't be further from the turth.
Problem is trying to get people to see through my eyes.

People are so quick to judge . if only they knew ....

Ty for the post .

S+F

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Iraqis are some of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met.

Definitely a different culture but as a whole, they do not deserve the broad brush treatment so prevalent in the narrative.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I personally know an Iraqi family. Great people. The father of that family was in the Iraqi Army before they immigrated here. He has since went back home to join in the fight against ISIS. His sons (my friends) must worry but also they are so proud.

Thanks for the video OP. People need to appreciate the culture differences, more experiences for all.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

People need to appreciate the culture differences, more experiences for all.

Why do you believe that culture differences must be appreciated? I am simply curious because I hear this phrase often, but I don't understand why.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Just people who want to enjoy their lives, have a lot of fun and maybe raise family..not much different from other places...thanks OP..

top topics

join