It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ditching your parents

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would just like to say good on you for making this decision for yourself.

Some people are blessed with wonderful parents, others get the raw end of the Parental Deal. I myself stopped considering the elders in my life as "parents" and put them into the "people" category. Just ordinary people who happen to share some of my genes.

My father died when I was 12. But I actively chose to remove my mother from my life just recently. Some people can't or won't understand what leads us to decisions like these. But I put my foot down. As an adult I can make my own decisions (or mistakes as some would see it) and that's just how it is. No "growing up" necessary, it's an adult choice that is often made after years of contemplation, there comes a time when you can't take it anymore and you selfishly say NO. I'm doing what is right for ME!

I see you haven't updated this thread for a couple of weeks, I only saw it because of the reply asking about you
but i just want to say stay strong! Do what's best for yourself! Sometimes finally saying "No." can be the start of a brand new happy relationship with -yourself-.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hello beautiful people

i will respond soon
I am meant to meet them on 19th

so I will update
from the bottom of my heart thank you for supporting me and being the people you are
edit on 13-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join