It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Gomm - How Have I Not Heard of This Guy Before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Just stumbled upon this dude tonight and I am completely blown away!

I think I can honestly say that this is the most talented S. O. B. I have ever seen in my life.

For those of you who haven't heard of him... enjoy

For those who have... please share your favorites.

Here are mine...

For starters... here's Jon Gomm just playing his guitar... and drums on his guitar as well...

Now check this out... he sings too...

And finally... my favorite and the most awe inspiring performance I've ever seen...

edit on 21-11-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Wow...that guy is good. Thanks for turning me on. I'd never heard of him. Incredible technique and dexterity.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You're very welcome. I've spent the last couple of hours listening to his stuff and each song is just as mesmerizing as the last.

Oh and for those who may be doubting whether or not he's really making those beats (like I was at first), here's a video of him explaining how he does it...

edit on 21-11-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I've been enjoying him for quite some time. I think the reason you haven't heard much about him is because he doesn't want to become too commercial... Sad really because he is so brilliant. He also uses that beat up guitar which has been broken and repaired quite a few times. He could command practically any guitar company to make him a special sig model, but he's happy with his simple setup.

Very good singer as well I agree, he's done a few morning talk shows here and there but likes to keep to the shadows. I hope I get a chance to see him live one day!

(edit can't help myself, but give this kid a listen too - he's is very similar in style to Jon)

edit on 22-11-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
I hope I get a chance to see him live one day!

You and me both! I may just have to cross the pond to see him play... look out Europe!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have seen him live in Leeds at the Brudenell working man's club, his home venue..... He is amazing, my woman coo's over him it's a little bit sickening.

His phrasing and timing is perfect, check out Telepathy. If you get the chance to see him live, he unplugs as part of his set and shows you how there is no trickery at all... I'd give my bollocks to be able to play and sing like him, literally but then I'd be useless to my woman so it's a catch 22.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Amazing talent thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join