It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950s Superman clearly states that Racism and Religious Bigotry are UN-AMERICAN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A great story similar to this is How Superman Defeated the Ku Klux Klan.

It details how a KKK mole provided the FBI with the weekly Klan passwords which were then broadcast on the Superman radio program. It drove the Klan crazy as they could not keep up in real time with all new passwords.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: projectvxn

Fox News, the Tea Party and others, along with the internet, have created a whole new level of hatred and ignorance in this country. If they didn't create it, the have given it a new life, and exposed it for what it is.

Many of us who are conservative and have supported the Tea Party efforts don't think like this.

I know that, and try not to paint with a broad brush. I am Taxed Enough Already as well, but those efforts have been co-opted, and the ignorance and hate that come from their candidates should not be acceptable to any American, Donald Trump wants to tag Muslims, seriously WTH? And he leads the Republican polls, registered Republicans should be hanging their heads in shame. Not that the Democratic side is any better.

Your first post was completely and totally "broad brush". Re-read it. ATS is filthy with this. Typically, the same people who do it to conservative or American concerns, cry the hardest about it being done, to their little pets. And typically the complaint is false. Like....nobody says all muslims are terrorists, but there's a lot of crying about somebody supposedly saying it, when it didn't happen.

You really can't figure out how to support the real Tea Party movement that you claim you agree with ? Instead of furthering the lies that they are involved in every horrible crime against humanity ? I mean, come on.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Would have been possible if all religions/faith/culture where equal. But they are not. Culture is not equal and give the people living in it equal opportunity/rights.

Where do you draw the line at you tolerance of practice of religion/faith?

Will you be tolerant of Nazi if they create a religion?
Will you be tolerant of a KKK religion inspiring race hate against people of other skin color?
Do you think Zionist (the Jewish version of supremacist) should be tolerated even if they are creating Apartheid systems against Palestinians?
Should you be tolerant of the Wahhabi (ISIS/taliban) who say all should be Muslim or pay them tribune or die that have scripture on their side?
Wahhabi/Salafi/Conservative or muslim/Muslim that are inspired by sufi teachings? Where do you draw the line?

"Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

Lets accept your premise that some cultures are inferior. Why is that a reason to trample them?

haha, by "trample them" of course you mean "make them stop shooting, bombing, burning, drowning, stoning, beheading, drawing & quartering people".

Yeah, big "cultural bigotry" going on there.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree that you should use debate and keep cultures separate until they can live side by side peacefully. But we are not allowed that by those who want quick cultural changes in the world. Technology has forced humanity to be connected to the whole to soon and many cultures are not ready to be scrutinized and debated.

Perhaps they would be if we didn't invade their nations, install puppet governments, steal their natural resources, and murder them. When you do that, you destabilize a country and remove any possibility of progress. Doing so has been a cornerstone of American foreign policy for 50 years. Which isn't to say other nations are any better, all nations act like psychopaths... but when you recognize those actions you can try to avoid them, and by doing that things get a little better over time.

Remember, during the dark ages, the Middle East and specifically the Islamic world was the world leader in science and mathematics. They came up with many breakthroughs, some of which are being used right now in order to use the internet allowing us to have this conversation.

I guess my bottom line on it is this. You can't be scared of other cultures or people. Even the few who do want to do you harm, giving into the fear of what someone might do to you justifies ruining the world you and your ancestors have worked to create. There are a lot of us, and not a lot of them. They can't suicide bomb us all, so live life and take your chances because the security necessary to remove that chance of being harmed would have every one of us treated like a prisoner, and that's no better.

All we ever did was give them a framework to join the civilized world. Oil riches greater than the entire rest of the world. Real governments rather than prehistoric gangs eating each other. But could they do anything with it ? No. Still eating other, buying gold toilets and bidets instead of helping the Palestinians or Syrians.

Gee, what did the Israelis spend their money on ? Oh that's right, irrigation, crops, infrastructure, a working economy. And just enough weapons to keep the animals from eating them.
edit on 23-11-2015 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: kosmicjack
IMHO...I don't think "talk" is un-American. Censorship is un-American. Discrimination is un-American.

Racism and Religious bigotry are discrimination... or certainly lead to it.

No, discriminating is an intelligent approach to things, that lets you discern between good and bad, right and wrong, etc. Such as whether or not blowing up civilians in eateries, stadiums, buses, etc. is proper discourse.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Seems like Superman came to his senses after the forties

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: piney

a reply to: LittleByLittle

By trample I mean exert influence on. Why does the superior culture have the right to overrun, change, rule, exploit, harm, or manipulate the inferior culture? If they're happy with their lives, then why not let them be and try to coexist? They have their borders, we have ours.

Every instance of the stronger culture meeting the weaker culture in human history has either resulted in a genocide, very bloody resistance, or police state.

If you want to change a culture do it through debate. If you're right, those in power or those who eventually take power will agree with you and change but change happens slow so you have to be patient. If you're wrong, atleast the world is more peaceful.

One culture believing they have all the answers figured out, and trying to change the backwards one who believes different has been the motivation behind how many deaths throughout history? Where has it gotten us? The truth is, not one of us whether the culture is based on religion, economic philosophy, government structure, military policy, or anything else has gotten it right yet.

The sixties first showed signs of marxism
Free love make peace not war
The communists crept into your schools and
Instatutions to change your values

So you would kill your unborn babies
Promote homosexuality
Encourage women to disobey men
To have contempt for men
To reject God

This Marxism is not designed to be ongoing
To create some Marxist utopia

This is designed to destroy you all
Most of you are under the Marxist yoke
If you call someone crazy you have become a Marxist stooge
If you call someone a racist you are a Marxist stooge
More rights for women Marxism
More rights for homosexuals Marxism

I believe it started with the French revolution
When God was removed from power
And democracy began to take over the world

There was a report in Germany just before
The 2nd world war
A room full of Jew's were found by the Nazis
At a university they had all this Marxist propaganda
I don't think the Jew's started it
They embraced it because they were a minority in Europe they were fooled

It will take decades to reverse the damage
That Marxism has done to the world

Besides being the worst "poem" I've ever made the mistake of reading, that was one heck of a revealing little sociopathic manifesto you threw out there! Wow...

how nice, juvenile labels and insults that you would cry and cry about from the other side.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

...said Superman, speaking to a group of kids and teens comprised of 6 whites and an nondescript darker skinned individual standing clear in the back.

(Sorry, just chuckling at the message being delivered subconsciously by that.)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
Seems like Superman came to his senses after the forties

haha, bad Superman, How dare he sling an evil nickname at them just because we don't understand the nuanced cultural beauty that was the Rape of Nanking, and their experiments on live subjects that made Mengele flinch ??

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...said Superman, speaking to a group of kids and teens comprised of 6 whites and an nondescript darker skinned individual standing clear in the back.

(Sorry, just chuckling at the message being delivered subconsciously by that.)

NTM his cupping the head of a tiny little asian child, in the proximity of his junk. Must be a subtle support for LGBTXYZ and NAMBLA.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Not to mention Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March, cannibalizing their POWs, and mass executions of Filipinos. While the use of those slurs today makes folks flinch, there wasn't much reason for normal people to shy away from them around WWII.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not to mention Pearl Harbor, the Bataan Death March, cannibalizing their POWs, and mass executions of Filipinos. While the use of those slurs today makes folks flinch, there wasn't much reason for normal people to shy away from them around WWII.

Well, luckily we have the exploits of radical jihad caliphate islam today. And the anti-America crowd loves to ignore that and cry about anybody being a little put off by the savagery. I'm sure that the same people existed in America in WW2, hating America and supporting Germany, Japan, and Italy. No internet, but they were there. Luckily McCarthy thrashed their traitorous asses, but that was a decade or 2 after they started digging in. They started right after WW1. Maybe the ancestors of today's islam apologists and supporters at ATS and elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Fox News, the Tea Party and others, along with the internet, have created a whole new level of hatred and ignorance in this country. If they didn't create it, the have given it a new life, and exposed it for what it is.

Many of us who are conservative and have supported the Tea Party efforts don't think like this.

I know that, and try not to paint with a broad brush. I am Taxed Enough Already as well, but those efforts have been co-opted, and the ignorance and hate that come from their candidates should not be acceptable to any American, Donald Trump wants to tag Muslims, seriously WTH? And he leads the Republican polls, registered Republicans should be hanging their heads in shame. Not that the Democratic side is any better.

Your first post was completely and totally "broad brush". Re-read it. ATS is filthy with this. Typically, the same people who do it to conservative or American concerns, cry the hardest about it being done, to their little pets. And typically the complaint is false. Like....nobody says all muslims are terrorists, but there's a lot of crying about somebody supposedly saying it, when it didn't happen.

You really can't figure out how to support the real Tea Party movement that you claim you agree with ? Instead of furthering the lies that they are involved in every horrible crime against humanity ? I mean, come on.

So you are perfectly fine with the leading candidates on the Republican side spouting hatred and ignorance? There is no real tea party anymore, it has all been co-opted by the likes of the Koch brothers. I am dreading 2016, there is no candidate on either side that I consider capable of being the leader that we need in the US.

ETA: not to mention, the whole fundamental evangelical BS that keeps getting spouted.
edit on 11/23/2015 by BubbaJoe because: on account of I actually had another thought.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well, luckily we have the exploits of radical jihad caliphate islam today. And the anti-America crowd loves to ignore that and cry about anybody being a little put off by the savagery. I'm sure that the same people existed in America in WW2, hating America and supporting Germany, Japan, and Italy. No internet, but they were there. Luckily McCarthy thrashed their traitorous asses, but that was a decade or 2 after they started digging in. They started right after WW1. Maybe the ancestors of today's islam apologists and supporters at ATS and elsewhere.

So basically anyone that disagrees with you is un-American, and should be subjected to McCarthy type treatment, and have their lives and careers destroyed. UP WITH FREEDOM for everyone that agrees with me, yeah that sounds like someone that loves the constitution and the freedoms it grants us.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

...or maybe they're people who got tired of being played for fools by politicians, their puppets in the media, and multiple decades of brain washing to be blindly patriotic at all times, regardless of how grossly different America's behavior is compared to days of old?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

So you are perfectly fine with the leading candidates on the Republican side spouting hatred and ignorance? There is no real tea party anymore, it has all been co-opted by the likes of the Koch brothers. I am dreading 2016, there is no candidate on either side that I consider capable of being the leader that we need in the US.

ETA: not to mention, the whole fundamental evangelical BS that keeps getting spouted.

Examples of said hatred and ignorance ? And please, no fake quotes that never really happened, like "all immigrants" or "all muslims" as created for Trump.

With this rant, there's no way that you're "OG TP".

I really hate it when people say false things like liberals claiming to be conservatives. It cheapens everything.

I consider myself TP, because I think there are more than enough taxes already for all of our social safety nets, the government is too big to be rational, and we should follow the constitution closely. Why can't you just say that, instead of all the other noise ?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So basically anyone that disagrees with you is un-American, and should be subjected to McCarthy type treatment, and have their lives and careers destroyed. UP WITH FREEDOM for everyone that agrees with me, yeah that sounds like someone that loves the constitution and the freedoms it grants us.

Well, the people that McCarthy dug out of the excrement pile certainly deserved what they got.

If they loved communism so much, they should have gone to live in a communist country, not subvert America for their selfish little 1% beliefs.

Has nothing to do with agreeing with me. Has everything to do with not being a self-centered fool wanting to screw up everything for the 99% that are enjoying life.

Reminds me of all the Californians fleeing what they created in CA, and then recreating it in Oregon or Texas. Mental illness. Move somewhere where everything is the opposite of your little beliefs, and demand that everybody change for you.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

...or maybe they're people who got tired of being played for fools by politicians, their puppets in the media, and multiple decades of brain washing to be blindly patriotic at all times, regardless of how grossly different America's behavior is compared to days of old?

I think we've already swung wildly to the opposite side of all that.

Did you miss the absolute conditioning by the media, academia, lower schools, judges, and so on......to mock and eschew patriotism, religion, capitalism, and so on ? It's only been a steady march for the last 30-40 years.

In the last 7 years we've had Obama, Clinton, Kerry, et al leading the charge, and chumps like McConnell, Boehner, Alexander, etc. there to make sure there's no opposition. So there's your political piece.

I'm always amazed when we read people on ATS claim just the opposite of reality.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ah, turn your head. The concept of Patriotism isn't dead at all... they just changed the definition of it. Notice how these 7 years of Obama have seen the "unpatriotic" during Bush's tenure do a 180? Patriotism is now controlled entirely by whoever is in the big chair. It's not beholden to the country, but rather beholden to whoever is making the rules. A kingdom, if you will.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

All we ever did was give them a framework to join the civilized world. Oil riches greater than the entire rest of the world. Real governments rather than prehistoric gangs eating each other. But could they do anything with it ? No. Still eating other, buying gold toilets and bidets instead of helping the Palestinians or Syrians.

Gee, what did the Israelis spend their money on ? Oh that's right, irrigation, crops, infrastructure, a working economy. And just enough weapons to keep the animals from eating them.

Iraq was very stable, and quite peaceful. My best friend as a child was from there and his dad was brought over to the US to learn Computer Engineering. They weren't as developed as the US but they were well off. Then we destroyed the country, ironically enough that best friend of mine (who happened to love the US) was killed by an American soldier... collateral damage.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join