It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should a human being do? Terrorism and such.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

My first post in this thread may have been strongly defiant about terrorists, but let me share something with you all about markosity1973 in the real world.

When I was just 19 I went and stayed in the village of Medjugorje in the former Yugoslavia. This was in Nov 1993 when the fighting there was at it's worst and people were dying everywhere. In short I was a tourist in an active war zone.

The village of Medjugorje was never far from the fronlline and in fact on a couple of days they actually shelled it. A vision that will never ever leave my mind is being in church for 6pm mass one day and there were bombs dropping. We could see the explosions flahing through the stained glass windows and the lights started swinging from the shockwaves. One explosion was so close, I saw the dirt flying.

Were we terrified?

No

The priest in mass would pause as the explosion went off and then carry on as normal. We all carried on praying and saying mass as always. The thought of dying never even entered my mind In our way we carried on our lives as per normal as the world was ending around us.

That experience taught me to never be afraid. I might die tomorrow from a terror attack, or I might die in my sleep at the age of 86. Either way, I make every day of my life count and I live a life where my decisions are made upon the philosophy of 'no regrets'

Therefore I will never give into tyranny because if you do, you have already died in a spiritual sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Practice Peace (defined as 'lack of hate') - in thought, word and action.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: zerozero00

You miss my point completely, I am not panicking at all.

You haven't answered your own question yet!

Why do you think someone here should make you feel better with Answers that suit you?

People give you opinions and you attack and abuse them with bad attitude about how self righteous they are, there's no helping some people

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
in WW2, 61,000,000 people were killed.

I am afraid of chemical weapons,

I think terrorism is the new norm and it will never end, I just hope they never get the technology to off millions.

People with money have built shelters.

www.editinternational.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I read your story and I am glad you are here, now, to tell it. I agree with all that you say. I do not understand why you are against the premise of the OP though. The question after all is What should a person do?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
in WW2, 61,000,000 people were killed.

I am afraid of chemical weapons,

I think terrorism is the new norm and it will never end, I just hope they never get the technology to off millions.

People with money have built shelters.

www.editinternational.com...

Nothing new about terrorism and it will end at some point it's inevitable

What good will a world be to the elite only? Who's gonna do the graft?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I really do not know what to say. Sorry if you think I didn't answer you. I made a thread asking what people should do. What question do you feel I avoided?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's nice to know who the enemy is when you are at war, yes there has been different ways to wage war, but this is different, they are cowards that attack the innocent.

I can't imagine how a warrior must have felt back in the day with hand to hand combat. That took courage, and conviction.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
There have been many people who say that we should ignore the objectives of terrorists.
I agree that we should not enable them at all.
On a day to day basis though...what should we do?

It is very easy, from a distance, to say that we should just carry on as if nothing is happening. Is that really what we should do? Just because some enlightened people from a conspiracy site say we should is that really the best idea?

Should we keep in mind those flags that are clear to us (if they are clear), or should we, as is suggested, ignore them and just keep on keeping on.

What is the agenda exactly of those who say that there really is nothing to be worried about...is there any agenda at all?

The problem as I see it is that the people who say this is all a lie lose credence in the face of horrific terrorist attacks. You can not argue with dead people right?

Let us be real here for a moment ok? Terrorism, whether it is related to or not related to our present society in a causal way, exists!

So the question I really want to ask is what should we do?

WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

I don't know

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm not against it.

I'm telling people to not be afraid and to not give in.

For people that are scared, live smarter. Adjust your lifestyle. If one is afraid to go into the city, ask yourself why were you going there anyway? Can you do the same things somewhere more quiet?

People have a natural fight or flight response built in. So, if you're afraid listen to your flight instinct and be smart by avoiding areas that you feel are unsafe.

Belgium just shut down most of the country over a threat. There is no shame in staying safe.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

imho

The worse thing that ordinary people like us can do against terrorism is ignore them. Negate their importance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join