It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should a human being do? Terrorism and such.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There have been many people who say that we should ignore the objectives of terrorists.
I agree that we should not enable them at all.
On a day to day basis though...what should we do?

It is very easy, from a distance, to say that we should just carry on as if nothing is happening. Is that really what we should do? Just because some enlightened people from a conspiracy site say we should is that really the best idea?

Should we keep in mind those flags that are clear to us (if they are clear), or should we, as is suggested, ignore them and just keep on keeping on.

What is the agenda exactly of those who say that there really is nothing to be worried about...is there any agenda at all?

The problem as I see it is that the people who say this is all a lie lose credence in the face of horrific terrorist attacks. You can not argue with dead people right?

Let us be real here for a moment ok? Terrorism, whether it is related to or not related to our present society in a causal way, exists!

So the question I really want to ask is what should we do?

WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

What do you feel like "we" should do?

I believe you can't fight fire with fire ...or an eye for an eye is wrong
What must be done has to be more intelligently thought out and well executed than the conventional methods that achieve nothing but more fuel on the fire, what needs to be done firstly is to recognise who and what is funding and controlling the terrorism then stopping them, then bring them to justice in a court of law and send them away for a thousand years each

Well it's a start

edit on 21-11-2015 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

I am talking about the everyday person, you know me and you. Those people who have to live with the reality of it all. What should we do? That was my question.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Don't let the terrorists terrorize you.

And realize that there are times when we need to fight. Because not fighting will result in more innocent lives lost--and that is the same as endorsing evil. War is terrible. But in situations like this it is necessary to bring the terrorists to justice and to end their regime of terror.

And keep your chin up. Everything will be okay. Love one another.
edit on 21-11-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Avoid certain people for the safety of your loved ones and your own self preservation. That being said, be ready to be labeled a racist and bigot by people who choose to keep their heads buried in the sand.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Watch the world around you fry unless you get active in exposing the true identities of the terrorist to the rest of the world, not much else for you to do...but I do suggest if it bothers you that much then get active!

Can you answer your question also please as I'd like to know what you think we should do?

I really don't see many options other than watch or get active

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What should we do?

We should NOT give into our emotions and be afraid

We should not give into their demands

We should strengthen our resolve to crush these radicals who seek to turn the world against reasonable Muslims

and most importantly we should remember and honour the dead as innocent martyrs who were killed by bloodthirsty thugs who want to end our way of life.

Do not let their deaths be in vain and do not give in to their demands!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Isn't it too easy to say not be terrorised?

Here is an example. My mother is scared, in fact she is terrified of going into the city centre. I have explained to her all about the probabilities and all those things, yet there is no way that I can convince her that there is no problem.
My problem is this though. I can not convince myself there is no problem, and some people are saying that there really is no problem. It is a media issue, do not worry and etc...

This is not true, there is an ongoing wave of social disturbance, in the form of terrorism, that we are living, right now.

Thank you for your good wishes, I wish you the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The only way I could be called a racist would be if someone was unaware of my life. My son is Spanish, I am English and my mother is mixed race.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I refuse to believe that a race is the cause for all this. That is not the point though. The point is how to survive this disaster right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I didn't watch any TV or turn on the computer for almost a month and during that time the attacks happened.

Because I had some time off I didn't get any news of the event and then I found out about it on here. As far as the things in my life concerning the terrorist attacks nothing changed. As far as I am concerned I don't need to do anything.

Yes, terrorism exists as do a myriad of things. Whether I ignore them or acknowledge them makes little to no difference in the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What you said is absolutely on target with what I am thinking. I wish I could star that more than once.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

These attacks are thrown at you via media of all sorts to scare the chit out of you but these things are still very isolated and unlikely to directly affect you

Don't let the media win don't fall for propaganda, out in the streets I'd say just go about your business and live your life otherwise you loose and someone wins

I actually travelled from London to Paris via the Eurostar on Monday as it was booked a few days before the attacks I hoped there would be no disruptions which there weren't and people had cancelled so I had a quiet carriage ...but that didn't happen and I had a few noisy families heading to a closed Disney land in my carriage

I was also questioned by an ITV news crew outside St Pancras st while I had a smoke on what I thought about the attacks and what I thought about my impending journey, I told them that I wasn't worried about my journey and the attacks won't affect my trip...I'm still in Paris and travel back to London soon and am still not bothered or "scared" of these events otherwise these scum bags win and I lose and that ain't gonna happen

edit on 21-11-2015 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2015 by zerozero00 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No one can tell you how to act or feel Jon...

Ultimately, only you can decide that.

As far as advice goes, you shouldn't really let things hinder how you have always gone about life in general.
That's the best I can do.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

The only way I could be called a racist would be if someone was unaware of my life. My son is Spanish, I am English and my mother is mixed race.

Exactly. People on here are unaware of my life, yet label me as such all the time. My friends (and some family) are of various ethnicities, colors, and religions. But they are the people I want to keep safe. Couldn't care less what others think. Their opinions won't keep me alive.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I made this thread in the hopes that those who felt shocked, lost or simply without aim could find some recourse Charlie.
There are so many people who do not understand what is going on right now, and they could use some direction.

There really is no direction for them at the moment and I thought that some of the people on ATS could give me advice that I could pass on, sound bites and such. Fact is that I got exactly what I never wanted. What ya gonna do right?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

But you've hit the nail right on the head without realising it...

We are all different and we all react differently to different stimuli...

So any advice you've received so far may help you but not someone else, or vice versa...

If statistics didn't work with loved ones, go to the source of the problem and explain what we all here understand by now...
That the media instill this fear to build a narrative...

That the media is dishonest and always provide what sells, what sells is fear right now.

If stats don't work, go for the head of the media snake and enlighten family members as to how they like to propagandise to the public.

If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas but surely others on ATS will have other ideas.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I made this thread in the hopes that those who felt shocked, lost or simply without aim could find some recourse Charlie.
There are so many people who do not understand what is going on right now, and they could use some direction.

There really is no direction for them at the moment and I thought that some of the people on ATS could give me advice that I could pass on, sound bites and such. Fact is that I got exactly what I never wanted. What ya gonna do right?

Stop panicking, I travelled to Paris on Monday and nothing happened to me
Go about your business..
What else? Arm yourself with a knife and go looking for a terrorist event?
Just stop letting the scaremongering get to you and stay normal, you'll be fine...this chit has been going on for a long long time now and we are all still here

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And those on ATS do not really care, they are too busy proving their own self righteous points of view.

Thanks for answering the issue.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

You miss my point completely, I am not panicking at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join