It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi and The Black Knight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: majesticgent

originally posted by: draknoir2
What is " urthecast"?

Urthecast

Thought since you brought it up I'd let you explain it, but I guess a snotty response tells me even more.

LOL don't take it personally... I just wanted to have a reason to use that site!

I take nothing here personally.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
holy shizznit folks its just a F****** movie.

And it's full of outright lies about the 'Black Knight' myth, which OUGHT to trigger alarm bells.

Time to dust off another decades-old debunking piece -- www.jamesoberg.com...

Guess it's time we dust off this piece, too.

Skeptic Misses the Point...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As fascinated as I am with the Black Knight Satellite (and the Army Football Team, which is only related in name...or is it?)....and as wonderful as a message that was put forth by this short film....I am still (and will forever be) a die hard Coca-Cola Kid.

Sorry Pepsi.

edit on 11/22/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edit

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Loved that

I don't even care what it's for

Put me down as Happily Manipulated

:-)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
For those who had feeling lately that something big is about to happen, this may be a warning.
For those who don't give a dang, is just another marketing movie.

Time will tell, however I think is time for some alien invasion because we are doing a very poor job by ourselves here on Earth.

S&F

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they do this? Ever hear of ad campaigns? It's all about grabbing your attention... Clearly it worked!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Agreed. The uttermost oddity about that short was for a global brand the lack of advertising. Who was the target audience???

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I just pinned on a map the cities mentioned on the video.

For those who care enough, here is the link www.mapcustomizer.com...

Notice that there is only one city in the entire south hemisphere: Sydney.

Not a single city from Africa or South America.

Take it as you want. It is interesting to say the least, when the world is full of whining and weeping about politically correct, it would have cost them nothing to go maybe to Rio de Janeiro or Johannesburg.

edit on 22-11-2015 by tsctsc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Okay, so we've established I should be receiving some kind of royalties for promoting their product more than a multi-million dollar advertisement.

But in all honesty, did this make anyone want to go out and buy a Pepsi? Are you craving one after watching that video? Are you going to go out and tell all your Pepsi loving friends who will then watch the video themselves and run to the store after? Is this really as effective as some of you are claiming?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Okay, so we've established I should be receiving some kind of royalties for promoting their product more than a multi-million dollar advertisement.

But in all honesty, did this make anyone want to go out and buy a Pepsi? Are you craving one after watching that video? Are you going to go out and tell all your Pepsi loving friends who will then watch the video themselves and run to the store after? Is this really as effective as some of you are claiming?

Nope. I'm still 100% coke. I didn't get thirsty either.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

People make associations. Any good feeling tied to a product is valuable - hope sells

Do you have any idea what this commercial did for coke?

During the Vietnam war no less. I honestly can see a movement happening out there - even in our commercials

Or...we're about to get a visit. I'm good - either way

:-)
edit on 11/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I agree vector99. Parts of the May 11th preview included identical shots from the OPs video. Looks like a cross promotion. Very strange use of topic though. A unproven ufology story that has more weight on the hoax/untrue side than belief side. The satellite in the video even seems to be modeled after the alleged NASA photos that turned out to be space junk.

If any one interested at least Pepsi didn't spare expense in production / direction

Production co. ' Levity Entertainment Group'

www.leg-corp.com...

Director: jabbar Raisani

www.imdb.com...

a reply to: Vector99

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Let me tell you what I see... in the Coke's ad I see lots of people holding and showing a bottle of coke.
I see nothing of the kind on Pepsi's

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Just to say: I spent about half my life to date in the advertising business as a copywriter, creative director and account planner. Your analysis is spot-on.

Thanks. I honestly feel like I'm making it up as I go sometimes but I am probably drawing from some subconscious memories from my psych years.

I think the internet has really changed things as far as how ad campaigns go. Yeah, this has no place in main stream media. I watch very little TV and I think there is a trend there and an untapped market...possibly.

There was a recent episode of South Park regarding how its hard to tell the difference between an ad and a real news story on the internet. Even if South Park isn't your thing, it may be worth checking out that episode because of your background.

edit on 22-11-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, I'll say this much: If this is actually heralding something, I will never drink Coke instead of Pepsi for the rest of my days.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker

But your not getting any royalties. Don't you see the genius in that?

But in all honesty, did this make anyone want to go out and buy a Pepsi? Are you craving one after watching that video?

No but I am being bombarded by McDonalds ads from ATS which makes me want a Big Mac.

Are you going to go out and tell all your Pepsi loving friends who will then watch the video themselves and run to the store after? Is this really as effective as some of you are claiming

I don't think it works quite like that and I'm not really sure how effective it will actually be. It may be a failure. I don't have any Pepsi loving friends but Pepsi lovers will buy Pepsi. Coke lovers will buy Coke. Will the people on the fence buy Pepsi because of this? Maybe. I will buy coke..but I really don't know why. Maybe because "Jack and Pepsi" wouldn't sound right? If there is any effect, it will probably be virtually undetectable.

Perhaps 10% of those 2 million viewers will identify with the fringe topic and become Pepsi loyalists...and if Jim Oberg puts a YouTube video out....man my head is spinning. Someone from Coca-Cola should contact me ASAP.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Someone noticed the cloud/contrail shape in the background?

Wasn't there a thread a while back about that shape?

I'm not sure why there would be a thread about an aeroplane flying in one direction,and then making a roughly 90 deg turn to head in a different direction.Especially if it's over a way point on an established airway and it and many others would turn there anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tsctsc

True - but times have changed and the audience is maybe more sophisticated now

But let's say that this isn't a commercial - what do you think it is? Why Pepsi?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsctsc
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Let me tell you what I see... in the Coke's ad I see lots of people holding and showing a bottle of coke.
I see nothing of the kind on Pepsi's

Coke beats Pepsi in sales for a reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

That reason tends to be cultural ingrain and taste (which is based of that cultural perspective.) I don't think I've ever seen an ad for either.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join