It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi and The Black Knight

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I only watched the video, havent read any of the other comments. I have to say I was wrong about the video, shockingly wrong.
And I am glad for that.

When I watched, I thought it was going to be another gimmicky advertisement for Pepsi, something like the AA's were waiting for the world to only drink Pepsi, and the 'signs' to alert the 'watchers' were waiting for was the Pepsi logo to be displayed worldwide.

Again, I am glad I was wrong.

Why would PepsiCo choose the Black Knight as the main source for this video?
Why pick the Ancient Astronaut theory at all to get the world to come together in a unified show of peace and brotherly love?

This makes me think hard and long about the whole scenario.
With all the strife here and abroad, I think we (the general population) is sick and tired of the fighting and turmoil we see everyday on the news, the TV and on the internet.
Maybe we should rise up and let our leaders know enough is enough. We arent gonna fight each other anymore. We are going to lay down our arms, walk across the battlelines and shake hands with our neighbors.
Time to say NO MORE.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

There also looks like there was some revised interest just prior to this video.

That would have been the Pepsi and ad agency people doing their research. Hundreds of people all over the world, all googling 'Black Knight satellite'.

That makes sense...

Any chance they were capitalizing on a trend in progress?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The trend shows a maximum of 100, a peak in May when the promotion for this short film was underway.I dont see a very large surge in the trend, enough to be a sensation to be capitalised on. The 'relative surge' may very well be a result of the idea being explored by people from the ad agency as Astyanax suggested?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I only watched the video, havent read any of the other comments. I have to say I was wrong about the video, shockingly wrong.
And I am glad for that.

When I watched, I thought it was going to be another gimmicky advertisement for Pepsi, something like the AA's were waiting for the world to only drink Pepsi, and the 'signs' to alert the 'watchers' were waiting for was the Pepsi logo to be displayed worldwide.

Again, I am glad I was wrong.

Why would PepsiCo choose the Black Knight as the main source for this video?
Why pick the Ancient Astronaut theory at all to get the world to come together in a unified show of peace and brotherly love?

This makes me think hard and long about the whole scenario.
With all the strife here and abroad, I think we (the general population) is sick and tired of the fighting and turmoil we see everyday on the news, the TV and on the internet.
Maybe we should rise up and let our leaders know enough is enough. We arent gonna fight each other anymore. We are going to lay down our arms, walk across the battlelines and shake hands with our neighbors.
Time to say NO MORE.

Ok. You walk across the battleline first, we'll follow.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Time to say NO MORE.

Ok. You walk across the battleline first, we'll follow.

Now now... there are only two kind of people: The leaders, the followers, and the ones who suck at math (a bit of humor)

The way I see it, if an old method is not working, it really might be time to try something new and unexpected....

Who knows?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: krines

The trend shows a maximum of 100, a peak in May when the promotion for this short film was underway.I dont see a very large surge in the trend, enough to be a sensation to be capitalised on. The 'relative surge' may very well be a result of the idea being explored by people from the ad agency as Astyanax suggested?

Most likely.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tsctsc

True. War only creates more war. Not that we have much choice in the current situation , but that is precisely the problem. Vicious circle of violence and struggle for domination.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
To me it appears Pepsi, in constant desperation, hired
yet another 20 something to come up with an eye opening commercial.
That 20 something probably did a good bit of their research right here on ATS.
If you search Blackknight, ATS,hands down, has the most back and forth on the topic.
It goes something like this:

"There were no polar orbiting satellites when the BK was tracked by Northrop Grumman"
" Yes there were as they started in 1962"
"Yes they tried in the early 60's but the first satellite to achieve polar orbit
was in the later half of the 1960's."
"So what was tracked in the early 60's?"
Then it's just a big circle of the same argument over and over.

If disclosure ever does happen it may go like this. A mega company AT&T
Pepsi etc are on the fritz and need something to catapult them to the top again.
Some desperate and slightly loony CEO may green light this sort of thing.
This is the bleed over between corporations and the military that may bite the
PTB right on the "can" .

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

It seems the UFO theme has always appealed to pepsi co, Check out the following, someone has already posted a link to a 1984 commercial involving ufo.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

In this case though, it wasnt a 'direct' advertising of the product but more of a music video mix. Regardless it was a cool short film, I have to admit.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
at around the :52 second mark where the guy is uploading the 'file'....

curious, I went to 'blackknightdecoded.com' and it's like unfunctional as hell.

the videos don't play sound, and although there are 5 pages to the site only the home page had anything on it.

there are a few links to other sites, but nothing related to pepsi at all. i dunno, just wierd.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: horseplay
The best way to describe that website is that its a prop for the video. There is virtually no content but there are some working links. The "blog archive" goes back a few years but the site was created a few months ago. I was hoping to find something interesting there ...like Pepsi bought the Slusho franchise or something.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yep the guy behind it is James Frey whos recent books with Nils Shelton Johnson have been the Endgame series; a worldwide (well online) treasure hunt based on 12 'players' of Endgame after comet strikes around the world. I'm surprised noone else has picked that up as its 100% ATS audience material. Ancient societies, religions, technology, myth and conspiracies. Anyway the books have a movie right attached if theyre succesful enough I believe. He'd be the go-to man for a campaign like this, the books are very clever, very immersive on various platforms. The puzzles in the books are designed by Mat Laibowitz who created the hunts that Goldman Sachs staff participate in in NYC.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Using debunked black knight can be used only to ridicule whole ufo phenomena.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

To do what exactly the commercial was designed to do...get a sh*&load of people thinking about Pepsi...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
it may be no more than an ad. it may be something else. however, the 'conspiracy-minded' demographic is a fractionally tiny part of the whole (ask the man/woman in the street what he/she knows about the supposed 'black night' satellite to confirm this). to aim a campaign at such a niche audience strikes me as odd. apropos of pepsi, i actually prefer it to coke, so in my case they're preaching to the choir, if increased pepsi sales are the intention.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
Yep the guy behind it is James Frey whos recent books with Nils Shelton Johnson have been the Endgame series; a worldwide (well online) treasure hunt based on 12 'players' of Endgame after comet strikes around the world. I'm surprised noone else has picked that up as its 100% ATS audience material. Ancient societies, religions, technology, myth and conspiracies. Anyway the books have a movie right attached if theyre succesful enough I believe. He'd be the go-to man for a campaign like this, the books are very clever, very immersive on various platforms. The puzzles in the books are designed by Mat Laibowitz who created the hunts that Goldman Sachs staff participate in in NYC.

I did note that he was the writer a few pages back. But I connected it to "A Million LIttle Pieces," and the controversy surrounding the events he fabricated in light of the fact that this short film starts with "This is not science fiction. This is real."

I never thought about Endgame!

edit on 23-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Was that his autobiography? You're right, he does like to play with the truth, but then that's what gets people talking I suppose

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tsctsc

Right on the money.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
After everything is said and done, you can't help but ask why so much emphasis was placed on The Black Knight rather than Pepsi's product. It just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wow people still haven't realized it's cross advertising from Usher and Pepsi? That's all folks, sorry, it's neither sinister nor benevolent this time.

The aspect that has everyone talking about it? Well that's from market research, from ads, from websites like you guessed it, ATS. The commercial was made purposely to be talked about just like it is being talked about. Advertising works, it has special foil penetrating powers.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join