It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now...........I Am A " Believer "

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
a reply to: alldaylong

I remember my first 'experience'. It was like I was watching a cartoon, knowing NOTHING can do those types of maneuvers, it all felt surreal.

Everyone is a skeptic until they experience it themselves.

How many "experiences" have you had? It seems odd that the vast majority of people never see a ufo yet you have fortunate enough to have seen them on multiple occasions.

I've had roughly 10 experiences, sightings, etc. in my lifetime. 3 were considered "close encounters'. The event in Arizona was a DIRECT encounter. They occurred more in my 20s and early 30s, they stopped though. It's been years since anything has happened. Kind of happy about that

ETA: Meant to say I have had roughly 7 'sightings' and 3 'experiences'
edit on 22-11-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading about your experience. In all of my years I have not seen what I would term a UFO though I'm an avid sky watcher day or night. The first thing I do when I go outside is scan the sky.

There's a website I really like and it's National UFO Reporting Center which I'm sure everyone knows. There are others but I like the one I named. I like the man who runs it. He's older and very down to earth. No pun intended!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

And I don't know WHY these events happened. When they were happening I felt like a freak. Tried to tell a few people but they thought I was nuts. So I stopped talking about it. Had a few people that believed me, even had a friend who was WITH me when a UFO came down over us...but overall I couldn't be open about it.

This was in the 1990s, and people STILL would look at me like a freak now.

As far as having sightings when the majority of people don't. I seriously think it's a lack of people jsut looking UP at the sky.

I can guarantee that if I went to somewhere desolate with good night vision, and laid on my back and just focused on one part of the sky, I would see a "UFO" after a few nights of doing it. And I'm not speaking of Satellites or the ISS Station passing.

I'm talking about genuine stuff like the OP spoke of.

A lot of people just don't look UP. If you think about how much your vision is fixated on the ground or in front of you, it's logical that you're not going to see stuff. Half of why I don't have 'sightings' anymore is because I'm just not interested. Plus the "close encounter' types scared the SH*** out of me. I don't necessarily enjoy being chased in the desert by blue/white orbs and men popping out of thin air yelling "Wait come baaaack"...and trying to grab my car as I peel out...and almost blowing my engine trying to escape.

edit on 22-11-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Strange this week, I think, Wednesday I saw a UFO.

I’m in the middle of a supermarket parking lot in the middle of the day looking at this thing and I get a little self-conscious but I didn’t figure out what it was but it was way up in the sky.

It was a gyrating object way up in the sky; it looked like it could have been an animal or something. Definitely wasn’t a plane or helicopter because it wasn’t flying just gyrating. But it was big.

It wiggled and moved like some kind of bird or flying dragon but it seems to far up and isolated to be a bird and also too dam big.

I don’t consider this as special as the OP s experience

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have seen the same exact thing you describe twice in my life about 15 years apart.

Very small star like light (object) moving rapidly through the sky only to stop and light goes out for a few minutes before coming back on and than returning back in the direction it came from making sharp ninety degree turns as well as other "erratic" maneuvering that left me in awe, twice.

Each time I witnessed it was the same part of the sky over the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

I spent many a night sitting on my patio waiting for another to appear, but I haven't seen anything.
I am an avid photographer, but the thought of capturing an image of the vessel never entered my mind for the short three minutes I witnessed the occurrence.
I was with a friend at the time, surrounded by over 100 other people. .I yelled out to others to look, but only my friend did and he saw the same. Everyone else ignored me. That was strange.
I have not seen anything with the naked eye, but I have seen a few unusual objects in photos I've taken. Particularly landscape images. It runs in spurts. I'm in an area known for UFOs.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So Mr. alldaylong, what exactly are you a believer in? Do you believe that there are unexplained things flying around in the sky? Or are you making the leap into aliens from outer space? Or something in between? You see, there are dozens of things you may have seen. Explainable things. It could have been a drone some guy purchased at the local Best Buy and was out playing with it after dark taking pictures with a GoPro camera.

The reason I am such a skeptic is because people tend to close their minds to rational explanations and jump right into the far out conclusion of flying saucers without thinking of all of the believable explanations.

Let me tell you my story: At the age of about six or seven (early 1960-1963 somewhere in there) I was out playing sandlot baseball with my friends. If you are younger than fifty it may come as a shock to you that kids used to do that. Most of the equipment we were using was mine. Bats, balls etc. It was right at twilight one evening in the summer and someone hit the ball over a fence into a yard and since it was my ball I retrieved it, an action that involved climbing a fence, going down a steep hill, finding a ball, and returning to the lot. When I got back to the "field" all of my friends had gone home since it was getting dark and the game could not continue. I was gathering up my stuff and happened to look up to the sky and saw a huge "thing" streak across the sky north to south. It was about the size of a full moon, maybe a little larger, had a long tail and it is hard to describe the speed other than to say it was fast but not too fast for me to question what I saw. It disappeared close to the horizon.

Of course it scared me and I ran home to tell my parents, who didn't believe me. I watched the news that evening to see what if anything was said. There was nothing, nor was there any mention of it in the newspaper the following day. No one believed me but that did not budge me on the fact that I was certain there were flying saucers and the only reason anyone would deny that was they did not have the experience I had.

I went my whole adult life, up to the age of about forty five certain they were real. I read everything I could get my hands on on the subject, including all of the books about Roswell, books written by witnesses, abductees, Communion by Whitley Strieber, etc. No one could talk me out of it. But nothing described what I actually saw. This went on until about 1998 or 99. My career was the military as a commissioned officer. At one point I was sent to a physics lab in Colorado for research and spent a week with a group of government employed astrophysicists whose job it is to track space debris. They showed me some videos of what it looks like when a satellite loses its orbit and reenters earths atmosphere. Not only were the videos convincing, they could have been taken of the one I actually saw. That is how exact it was and I left there having solved the greatest mystery of my life. Not everyone gets that kind of closure on this sort of thing but it convinced me that there are many many things flying around in our skies that lay people don't understand. How could we? I never thought of that possibility but it makes sense.

Therefore, I urge you to keep an open mind and while I wish what I saw was something sexier than what it was, the fact is it wasn't. The more fantastic something seems, the eventual explanation is equally and conversely as prosaic. It is a rule.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: [post=20062966]Arbitrageur[/post

I'm not saying this is what you saw, but it's a known example that people can't tell the height of an unknown object

I initially thought what i was observing was a satellite, that was because it was within the area of the sky i would expect a satellite to be. High, very very high.

This isn't meant to be rude at all, but your explanation doesn't make any sense. If I understood it correctly. Anything can be in any part of the sky.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen the same thing!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11
3 minutes of watching and not a video......i really got to stay calm to not let any aggressions out..yeah i know not anybody has a smartphone....

What kind of smart phone do you think can capture such video? I know the newest on the civilian market sure can't. The moon, sure. A point of light in a dark sky? You should at least try to record a satellite fly over with your phone before complaining of there being no video. You will get nothing useful, and likely nothing at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I initially thought what i was observing was a satellite, that was because it was within the area of the sky i would expect a satellite to be. I believe it was High, very very high.

I expect people to be skeptical, that is life. However i am no fool and i know what i witnessed. I cannot make others believe and that is not my job to do so.

Fixed that for you

PS:
Nothing wrong with believing btw. People believe in all sots of things.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Autokinesis ?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone

This event officially makes you smarter than anyone from NASA

Most of those people at NASA are lying so they can keep their job.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
But that begs the question. What do you now believe? The evidence so far is that you saw an object high in the sky that maneuvered in a way that you think is not possible for conventional aircraft of any type. That puts it solidly in the "UFO" category and is not to be denied. The problem with these sightings is, where do you go from here?

Aliens from other planets are visiting us and flying erratically in our skies for no apparent reason!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: trueskepticnumberone

This event officially makes you smarter than anyone from NASA

Most of those people at NASA are lying so they can keep their job.

The scientists at NASA don't lie. If there is any lying going on, it is in the interface to government agencies that they are required to pass everything through.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Could be a quadcopter, some fly really high.

That said I'm both an avid quadcopter hobbyist but I've also seen things up there that made me say WTF was that?
Lately more than ever.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2
I've seen several things myself, some more strange and clear than what the OP describes, none of which made me a "believer" in anything but my own ignorance. "Wonderer" would be a better word.

It is interesting how personal experience seems to be a trump card for many. Seems like an weird siting, but it doesnt do much for me. I think there are many cases on record that are more persuasive.

Levelland 57 - Several motorist encounter a glowing sphere that stops their motor, police try to locate the object and also see it.
Westall 66 (start in at 9:47, picture at 11:00). Daylight sighting of a drone like craft that levitates up on a school campus.
Ravenna 66 - Several police chase ufo through 2 states
Minot AFB B-52 incident 68 - radar confirmation case
Eupen 89,90 - (start in at 2:20min) start of the Belgium wave

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Cool, congrats! Fastwalker by the sound of it, aka foo fighter. They're all over the place. Sometimes visible to naked eye, quite often not. Here they are (or related phenomena) in videos:

Denver June 2011 www.youtube.com...
Germany www.youtube.com...
Unknown 2012 www.youtube.com...
"New York" 2013? www.youtube.com...
Unknown USA 2010 * www.youtube.com...
Texas 2011 www.youtube.com...
bird flock comparison www.youtube.com...
unknown 2010 www.youtube.com...
unknown 2010 www.youtube.com...
Denver 2011 three www.youtube.com...
Denver 2011 www.youtube.com...
London 2014 big forma www.youtube.com...

Here in the UK they are probably the more common type of (genuine) UFO. We don't really do "football field size" ufos over here, but balls of light, rapid turns etc, we have a lot of that. Take Rendlesham for example. Put what was sighted up in the sky rather than in a forest and you've pretty much got a fastwalker/foo fighter.

Anyway if you're convinced, now you can perhaps move onto seeing patterns and links... and then the great fight against skeptics

My advice is to keep an eye on local reports over the next few weeks, you may not find an exact similar sighting of the same thing, but there may be an occurrence that links in to the date and time you saw what you saw, maybe not to prove anything, but to solidify your own sighting - and that can be proof enough for some. Let us know if you have any developments (even if they seem small and insignificant, it's fine, nothing is ever answered in full..)
edit on 24-11-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Not a problem my friend. Even with a telescope or whatever the sceptics would not believe you. There are dozens of UFO pictures on youtube. Yours would have been one of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Synchronicity11
3 minutes of watching and not a video......i really got to stay calm to not let any aggressions out..yeah i know not anybody has a smartphone....

he's already said he didn't have a phone with him? what do you suggest exactly? maybe go see someone about that aggression?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join