It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taurus pt140

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i just bought one.
been hearing mixed reviews about them. i like it a lot though.
got a good price on it.

any taurus owners here?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Personally I carry a S&W bodyguard as my pocket pistol but my day to day carry is a Taurus PT1911ARwhich has been smithed to shoot just as well as my Kimber. Taurus has a mediocre rep but makes a pretty solid gun. Best of luck.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have the pt809. I like it, it's a very reliable gun.

Have you brought it to the range yet?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i just bought one.
been hearing mixed reviews about them. i like it a lot though.
got a good price on it.

any taurus owners here?

Yeah,I have had a PT92AF 9mm,24-7 9mm,PT111 9mm,617 .357(7 shot snub nose),605UL .357(Ultra-Light .357),605 .357(Non UL model),327(6 shot snub nose in .327 magnum,same size as 5 shot .38),85 .38 special,85UL .38,66 .357 mag,and a Night Court Judge in .45/.410. I only have the the Judge right now but all the other guns were just fine I just sold them once I got the Judge and to help finance a Sig Sauer pistol. I have had a lot better luck with Taurus than I have had with Kel-Tec or Charter Arms.
edit on 21-11-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

not yet. i just got it a few hours ago.
maybe in the next couple days

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

not yet. i just got it a few hours ago.
maybe in the next couple days

Any particular reason you went with the .40 version?
I ask because after owning a .40 Ruger P94 I don't know why anyone would prefer it over 9mm or .45 acp,it felt like it had more recoil than .45 acp +P+.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

because i got it for a song.
i dont carry. it will just sit in my box

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

because i got it for a song.
i dont carry. it will just sit in my box

How cheap if you don't mind me asking?
I know some can be found really cheap,I saw a gen 1 PT111 a while back on armslist for $200 that I wish I had bought.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

buck 50.
from a guy i work with. he wants to get a smith and wesson m&p i think it is called.

got the pistol, 2 clips, a holster, and 2 clips full of hollow points for 150.
the gun is a cherry. he bought it new so its only been in the 1 hand

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

buck 50.
from a guy i work with. he wants to get a smith and wesson m&p i think it is called.

got the pistol, 2 clips, a holster, and 2 clips full of hollow points for 150.
the gun is a cherry. he bought it new so its only been in the 1 hand

Nice,fyi the Taurus lifetime warranty goes with the gun even if you aren't the original owner,keep that in mind in-case anything goes wrong with it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The .40 S&W can produce significantly more recoil in certain platforms the the 9mm, but it also produces a great deal more depositable energy that the nine. I carry a 45 just for this reason but have always felt the 40 is a very formidable round. Have had a few of them. Govt agencies have taken this to heart as well. The 40 is a strong round.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheridan91s
The .40 S&W can produce significantly more recoil in certain platforms the the 9mm, but it also produces a great deal more depositable energy that the nine. I carry a 45 just for this reason but have always felt the 40 is a very formidable round. Have had a few of them. Govt agencies have taken this to heart as well. The 40 is a strong round.

Yeah its more powerful than 9mm,but if I need more power than 9mm,I'll use my 10mm S&W 1006,my .45,or my Ruger Alaskan .44 that I had magnaported.I don't think more than 9mm or .45 acp is really needed unless you run into a Bear in which case you'll want a 10mm or .44.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have a Pro series model, had it for about 4 years now. I like it because It can fit comfortably in my pocket for work and no one can tell, and I can still pull it out quick if need be. I also have a underarm rig that fits it and another 10 rnd mag nice. Makes a nice pop when it goes off a has a bit of a recoil but its not unmanageable. I like mine and usually carry it everyday.

new topics

top topics

join